The New Message Board

Blink182Online

What do you guys think of the new boards? Long story short, it was either convert to this or look for another host, and after going through 3 of them in 2 weeks I didn't want look for another one.

I've never heard of this message board (SMF) until the tech support guy told me about it, but I like it so far. A couple of differences from the old phpBB board:

-Rank titles: Couldn't copy them over, but you can make your own custom title now w/o pming an admin. Click on the link up top that says [Profile], then click the link on the left that says [Forum Profile Information]. Down at the bottom of that page, type in what you want in the Custom Title field and it'll show up under your username.

-Gender/age: Couldn't copy over either, but this board has those built in, you just need to change them in your profile.

-Attachments: This message board allows you to add attachments to your posts.

-Allowed files: txt,doc,pdf,jpg,gif,png

-Max attachments per post: 5

-Max size per attachment: 1MB

-Just going to try this out for a little bit to see how much bandwidth it uses up

Can't really think of any other major differences, if you notice any or have any problems post a reply in here.

When you were doing maintenance I got a weird message at the bottom saying "the copyright needs to be in the template. Please notify the administrator that you are using an illegal copy of SMF" or something like that.

I think that happened because I was moving some files around, does it still say that?