The NHL thread

Guest Mard

8 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

Bruins have a lot of good rookies. What McAvoy is doing at his age is unreal. Crazy to think they could have easily had Barzal, Boeser, Chabot/Connor as well...

McAvoy is the fucking homie. Really pretty guy, too...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MSandt said:

The Oilers are just unbelievably bad. Spotted this little trivia on the hfboards: 11th game where Oilers let in the first shot of the game!

Canucks have that problem too. Cant count the number of times we get scored on in the first 3 shot and the first couple of minutes. 

3 hours ago, knapton said:

Ya we've had terrible goaltending, a lot of injuries, and just incosistent play

Horvat injury fucked our season. But a good team shouldn't rely on two players (Horvat and Boeser).

We don't have enough quality top 6 forwards. Our defence core is made up of mostly top 4s and bottom 6s, not enough legit first pairing dmen (we need Dahlin for that).

Goaltending I'm not too concerned about long-term. Demko looks to be a great goalie, and DiPietro isn't a bad fall back plan either. Markstrom will stay the course of bombing the next few seasons based on a shitty roster, but I think he's an adequate starter on a bad team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Horvat injury fucked our season. But a good team shouldn't rely on two players (Horvat and Boeser).

We don't have enough quality top 6 forwards. Our defence core is made up of mostly top 4s and bottom 6s, not enough legit first pairing dmen (we need Dahlin for that).

Goaltending I'm not too concerned about long-term. Demko looks to be a great goalie, and DiPietro isn't a bad fall back plan either. Markstrom will stay the course of bombing the next few seasons based on a shitty roster, but I think he's an adequate starter on a bad team. 

I just cant stand the amount of easy goals Markstrom lets in.  I think ill have to get used to it though cause i dont think Demko is really supposed to move up yet next year is he?

11 hours ago, knapton said:

I just cant stand the amount of easy goals Markstrom lets in.  I think ill have to get used to it though cause i dont think Demko is really supposed to move up yet next year is he?

I think if Demko impresses in training camp, he has a shot at being the backup next year. And given how Markstrom is playing, Demko could very well be our starter by the end of next season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kvothe said:

I think if Demko impresses in training camp, he has a shot at being the backup next year. And given how Markstrom is playing, Demko could very well be our starter by the end of next season. 

I really hope so. Its just frustrating that our goalies can play so good sometimes and then let in a wrister short side from below the circle