The NHL thread

Guest Mard

2 minutes ago, knapton said:

I really hope so. Its just frustrating that our goalies can play so good sometimes and then let in a wrister short side from below the circle

It's annoying for sure, but it's Markstrom's first year as a starter - these issues might just be growing pains. And to be fair, even if he didn't let in those weak shots, we'd still be losing most of these games anyways. It's just another rebuild season as far as I'm concerned. 

13 hours ago, ungroovy said:

We're having a great season but I came here to mention the fact that we just got fucking trashed by Vancouver. Pulling Rask out mid-game, just wwwooooffff. That was the saddest game I've seen in a while.

I didn't watch it because my team sucks dick now, but that was surprising to see.

I think Boston or Tampa Bay wins the Cup this year, they're both so freaking good. 

Boeser has turned out to be a fantastic pick, but you're definitely gonna need a lot more than that to replace the aging lineup. Virtanen is on the verge of becoming a bust while Juolevi is still a question mark until he gets some NHL games under his belt. But at least you don't have a hundred million dollars tied up in a dubious goaltender contract and no prospects in the pipeline..

4 hours ago, MSandt said:

Boeser has turned out to be a fantastic pick, but you're definitely gonna need a lot more than that to replace the aging lineup. Virtanen is on the verge of becoming a bust while Juolevi is still a question mark until he gets some NHL games under his belt. But at least you don't have a hundred million dollars tied up in a dubious goaltender contract and no prospects in the pipeline..

I really hope boeser takes another step forward this off season. It seems like hes slowed down a lot now that everyone knows who he is and players are watching him more closely. I really like virtanen. Hes not a huge goal scorer but hes super fast and can drive the net good and plays a physical pest like game. 

13 minutes ago, knapton said:

@Kvothe so is this gubranson signing as bad as everyones saying it is? Ive honestly never really payed much attention to him

Money is bad, but the term is not. I'm happy with 3 years, but 4 million...ooof. I suppose it's better than 3.5 mill for 6 years or something. 

• 1 month later...

Last home game of the year for the sedins. I have to work tonight god damn but i can watch the first half hour and im recording the rest. Its amazing what great people these guys are. Hearing all about there actions of the ice, they really were amazing. Gonna get all the feels with the tributes and such tonight. 

Props to Sedins. Great careers, both of them. Going to Little Caesars arena for the first time this weekend. Don't give a shit how empty it is. Anyways, I see the Wings play so infrequently (live in Chicago) that I'm worried this might be the last time I see Zetterberg skate. So I know the feeling Canuck fans!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope Washington wins it, Ovie is so overdue for some playoff success it's not even funny. 

In the West - Nashville or Winnipeg. Vegas is a nice story but it would sting to see them win the Cup in their inaugural season - their fanbase hasn't had to suffer like everyone else. 

• Like 1