Deryck Whibley Signature is here!

radioactive tomdog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really the only difference when there are fender AND squier versions are the pickup, like the TD only had two differences, the pickguard and the pickup

this pretty much has the same thing, the squier pickup is a VERY similar model just a cheaper Duncan Designed instead of the real Seymour Duncan pickup

so you could just buy this squier and get the good parts put in, thats what i did with the TD and saved a lot of money(got the pearloid pickguard and invader pickup)

so if you want the same thing for cheap do that, or if you want to look cool b/c i says fender, go that way

really the only difference when there are fender AND squier versions are the pickup, like the TD only had two differences, the pickguard and the pickup

this pretty much has the same thing, the squier pickup is a VERY similar model just a cheaper Duncan Designed instead of the real Seymour Duncan pickup

so you could just buy this squier and get the good parts put in, thats what i did with the TD and saved a lot of money(got the pearloid pickguard and invader pickup)

so if you want the same thing for cheap do that, or if you want to look cool b/c i says fender, go that way

bullshit. if that were true noone would buy fender they would buy squier. you dont own a fender so you cant compare them.

when is your signature black tele deluxe going to come out? when and for how much can i buy it

asked by leaox17 on Mar 28 2007 10:32pm

it should be out by the summer. i wanted to make it really affordable so it will be sold for about $300 in stores.

answered by deryck on Mar 30 2007 12:27am

----------------------------------------------------------------

will deryck's signature guitar be produced by squier or fender?

asked by papercutx13 on Apr 6 2007 11:43pm

it's made by fender but it is a squier. i wanted to make this guitar affordable for people to buy it as their first guitar. and the guitars that i was playing live were all "mexican made" fenders which are basically the same as the squier. my signature model has a pick up based on the JB sh4. the guitar rocks and sounds great.

answered by deryck on Apr 7 2007 3:36am

ok so theres not going to be a fender version but im still going to buy this and get the real pickup he uses for it

Signature Guitars are always a ripoff as far as Quality vs Price goes. You can always get something better for the same price. Some of the money in the price of the guitar is built in to pay Deryck.

However if you want his guitar. Then it's worth it, I guess.

But I mean $300? Lets face it, besides the look, something tells me this guitar isn't going to be that good. They obviously cheaped out somewhere along the way.

It's $300? It should be $150-200 max.

Yep, the rest goes to Deryck.

new from the Q&A

the guitar is designed around the guitar that i play live. it does sound and play great. it is just made to be affordable for beginners as well as more experienced players. i always believe a guitar only sounds as good as the person playing it. i don't play expensive guitars live but i make them sound good. it's not the identicle specs as a high end fender, but it's the closest thing you will get to my sound without having to pay $2000 for it. when it comes out in stores just try it out and see if it works for you. if it doesn't than just go for something else. the purpose of this guitar is to be an awesome sounding guitar that young people can afford. i'm not trying to make money off of it, that's why it's priced so low. i just want people to be able to play a cool ass guitar that sounds great. and in my opinion it does sound great. or i wouldn't want to put it out.

answered by deryck on Apr 9 2007 3:36am

he sounds like hes being very honest and it almost sounds like hes reading this thread lol