Page Hamilton, from Helmet (ESP)

Nick Valensi, the Strokes (Epiphone)

Joe Perry (Gibson)

Mike Mushok (Ibanez)

John Petrucci (Ernie Ball)

Dave Navarro (PRS)

Carlos Santana (PRS)

Mark Tremonti (PRS)

I'm sure there are plenty more, but thats all I could find.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its bullshit, you really don't need to spend 2000$ to sound like him, got something like a standard fat strat and put in a jb and you're all set.

I think he means, if you went to fender and asked for a custom guitar to be made just like his, it would cost $2000.

Coreect me if I am wrong, but aren't Custom Guitars usually at least $2000, if not more?

wait, you as a normal person can go to fender (or order) a guitar completely custom to the way you want it?

As was already said. Of course you can.

If you got the money, they got the time.

That would be really stupid of them to reject thousands of dollars just because your not someone famous.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?q=signature

Pete Wentz (Squier)

Kerry King (BC Rich)

Dave Mustaine (ESP)

Angus Young (Gibson)

Tony Iommi (Gibson)

Dick Dale (Fender)

Robert Smith (Schecter)

Mike Dirnt (Fender)

Brian May (Brian May Guitars)

Steve Morse (Ernie Ball)

Yngwie Malmsteen (Fender)

Eric Clapton (Fender)

Page Hamilton, from Helmet (ESP)

Nick Valensi, the Strokes (Epiphone)

Joe Perry (Gibson)

Mike Mushok (Ibanez)

John Petrucci (Ernie Ball)

Dave Navarro (PRS)

Carlos Santana (PRS)

Mark Tremonti (PRS)

I'm sure there are plenty more, but thats all I could find.

yeah that's not even a 10th of all sig models currently in production.

really the only difference when there are fender AND squier versions are the pickup, like the TD only had two differences, the pickguard and the pickup

this pretty much has the same thing, the squier pickup is a VERY similar model just a cheaper Duncan Designed instead of the real Seymour Duncan pickup

so you could just buy this squier and get the good parts put in, thats what i did with the TD and saved a lot of money(got the pearloid pickguard and invader pickup)

so if you want the same thing for cheap do that, or if you want to look cool b/c i says fender, go that way

cheaper neck

cheaper fretboard (slower)

better paintjob, different colors even

higher quality tuning pegs, bridge, wiring

cheaper body wood, (and the wood brings allll the tone to a guitar)

so you think its just a pickup and a pickguard. do a little research before you make a fool of yourself again

but then again to a lesser trained of a musician most likely like yourself, wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the squier and fender versions. i can tell the difference clearly. along with a few choice others on this board i'm sure

dude i dont care if i made a fool of myself to a bunch of people who sit on message boards all day, plus it sounds good to me and i like so wtf does it matter?

really the only difference when there are fender AND squier versions are the pickup, like the TD only had two differences, the pickguard and the pickup

this pretty much has the same thing, the squier pickup is a VERY similar model just a cheaper Duncan Designed instead of the real Seymour Duncan pickup

so you could just buy this squier and get the good parts put in, thats what i did with the TD and saved a lot of money(got the pearloid pickguard and invader pickup)

so if you want the same thing for cheap do that, or if you want to look cool b/c i says fender, go that way

cheaper neck

cheaper fretboard (slower)

better paintjob, different colors even

higher quality tuning pegs, bridge, wiring

cheaper body wood, (and the wood brings allll the tone to a guitar)

so you think its just a pickup and a pickguard. do a little research before you make a fool of yourself again

but then again to a lesser trained of a musician most likely like yourself, wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the squier and fender versions. i can tell the difference clearly. along with a few choice others on this board i'm sure

not everyone has to have expensive guitars to sound good. my bass is a 2 band eq version of a 3 band eq bass, it hasn't got the same quality paint and finish but everything else on it (wood, electronics, neck etc) is the same and it cost £495 less. you can only tell the difference in the eq when you play the two basses through the same amp with the exact same settings and im pretty certain this is the same between an upgraded squier and a mexican fender. we're not even talking about a high end fender. you're telling me that in a live situation you'd be able to tell the exact tonal differences between two guitars even if you could only hear the one?

link=topic=61034.msg1256271#msg1256271 date=1176321370]

the best signuture guitar ever is the jimmy page les paul

hands down

if by best you mean most overpriced, then yeah, i'm sure you're right.

i got to play one it was sexy

of course i am a bit biased towards jimmy him being my fav player

the out of phase bridge sounds were so bluesy

and the neck was custom made or something it was hella thin

and the neck pickup could sing fuck

idk what the electronics are, but that is prob the sickest osunding guitar out there

well worth the price imo

who els is comin out with a signature guitar?

Tom was suppose to be doing an AVA signature guitar, but I am not sure whatever happened.

I meant to ask him in a condescending tone "So Tom when is your 3rd signature guitar coming out?".

But I didn't have the balls, and I forgot anyway.

I asked him about having another signature guitar and his response was "I'm lucky enough to have had 2 of the best guitar companies make a guitar for me."

I then asked if I could have one (half joking) and he laughed and said he's responsible for all 10 gibson's they gave him.  It kinda worked like this.  The guitars were his to use, only gibson still owned them.  If he lost one or gave one away he was responsible to pay for it (or insurance would pay for it). 

When his endorsement contract is up, he can do what he wants with them.

who els is comin out with a signature guitar?

Tom was suppose to be doing an AVA signature guitar, but I am not sure whatever happened.

I meant to ask him in a condescending tone "So Tom when is your 3rd signature guitar coming out?".

But I didn't have the balls, and I forgot anyway.

I asked him about having another signature guitar and his response was "I'm lucky enough to have had 2 of the best guitar companies make a guitar for me."

I then asked if I could have one (half joking) and he laughed and said he's responsible for all 10 gibson's they gave him.  It kinda worked like this.  The guitars were his to use, only gibson still owned them.  If he lost one or gave one away he was responsible to pay for it (or insurance would pay for it). 

When his endorsement contract is up, he can do what he wants with them.

Huh, that's interesting info. Thanks.

But I still think he gets way more then just that.

Tom's name helped move thousands of Fender's out the the door at $500 a pop.

There is no way he wasn't better compensated then just getting some free guitars.