• strat
    • les paul
    • les paul junior
    • sg
    • dot not studio
    • jagmaster
    • line6 variax
    • epiphone explorer

I don't recommend buying any of the guitars on the poll, I recommend buying sunnysewer's painted Tom Delonge epiphone haha

Seriously though, listen to benoreah. Make the decision yourself because we all like different guitars here. I like teles. He likes strats. Other people will like SGs, other people will like Les Pauls. Just get what you think sounds good.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest theghettounicorn

I don't recommend buying any of the guitars on the poll, I recommend buying sunnysewer's painted Tom Delonge epiphone haha

Seriously though, listen to benoreah. Make the decision yourself because we all like different guitars here. I like teles. He likes strats. Other people will like SGs, other people will like Les Pauls. Just get what you think sounds good.

i am not going to buy wat u guys say i just need 2 no wats a good choice i've played all of them and still can't decide im not askin u wat im goin to buy i just need some helpful advice

Guest Mr.Chocolates

i doubt you did, you seem to defensive of it. why dont you think of the pros and cons of each guitar like i like the tone but the neck is too slow

Hes's got a good idea. write down pros and cons and then see what one has the most pros and least cons.

my advice: get one that feels good and has the sound you want

this is what I would do.

When you try out the guitar, play a pop punk song, a classic rock song, and a metal song. All on the same guitar. Then decide which one is most versatile. Don't pick a guitar by the way it looks. You may find that the strat is the best choice. When i first started out I was exactly like you. I thought strats looked so common. Then I saw one that caught my eye. It was yellow and it looked nice so I tried it out and it sounded sex and i bought it.

Basically, when you come into the store to try it out don't have any favorites.

Guest theghettounicorn

well what do u recommend if i want something with good lows and good pure distortion that can handle distortion well with great cleans

Guest theghettounicorn

haha ok hey it dosen't look as bad now still pretty bad alright its deal

but strats r about highs  im lookin 4 a guitar with good lows im goin to guitar center 2morrow well we'll c

Guest theghettounicorn
link=topic=61134.msg1257466#msg1257466 date=1176441702]

well fuck man, if you dont like strats just get a wangcaster

but i dont no wat it sounds like all i no about it is wat it looks like it looks like a ballsack with a neck if i knew wat it sounded like maybe i would get it

haha ok hey it dosen't look as bad now still pretty bad alright its deal

but strats r about highs  im lookin 4 a guitar with good lows im goin to guitar center 2morrow well we'll c

Well thats where the "fat" thing comes into play, a bucker is more about lows then highs.

But (surprisingly and all luck of course) you may have a point, alder might be too bright for you.

IN that case look at the motherfucking schecter custom, mahoghany and flame maple top, duncan designed hb 102s (which will do fine for now) AND coil tapping.

link=topic=61134.msg1257472#msg1257472 date=1176442026]

just kill yourself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA pwned. I don't think he realises a fat strat has a humbucker on it. maybe he thinks we're talking about a standard strat.

get an epiphone dot studio and buy some black cellotape. the stripe will make it play faster and sound better :roll:

Guest theghettounicorn

just kill yourself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA pwned. I don't think he realises a fat strat has a humbucker on it. maybe he thinks we're talking about a standard strat.

get an epiphone dot studio and buy some black cellotape. the stripe will make it play faster and sound better :roll:

y would i want a cheap delonge imitation

just kill yourself.

Yeah do it dude, he's right about the making you play faster and sounding better thing.

Paint works just as good as tape, as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCFkVYuZ5Jw

LOL jk sunnysewer

Are you still selling it to that guy?