pedals

link=topic=63096.msg1308409#msg1308409 date=1182667175]

Im use the following at shows:

Shure Wireless ->

Vox Wah-Wah ->

Boss Super Chorus ->

* Signal Splits here, 1 part continues, and the other goes into a tuner then a preamp then direct input to the PA.

Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face ->

Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster ->

Boss DS-1 distortion ->

Crybaby Wah ->

*Amp: Into a Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 with 1 marshall 1960A 4x12 cab and 1 mesa boogie open back 2x12 cab.  I use the marshall lead channel for most of my overdrive/ distortion.  I have the amp modded so it can take either EL34 or KT66 tubes.

i want your setup, just throw in a flange, delay and eq pedal thats my dream rig, all the way down to the tubes.

what kind of guitar do you run through it?

A few, my Gibson SG Standard, A fender standard Strat, and an Es-333 w/ dirty fingers in the bridge.

Also, in the es, it has a rear access plate, so u can hide a wireless inside. :)

EDIT: Also, i have a digitech digi-delay, i forgot to include it.  Usally, i leave it out of my pedal board, cuz i dont use it often live.  So what i would use with everything is:

Shure Wireless ->

Vox Wah-Wah ->

Boss Super Chorus ->

* Signal Splits here, 1 part continues, and the other goes into a tuner then a preamp then direct input to the PA.

Boss DS-1 distortion ->

Digitech Digi-Delay ->

Crybaby Wah ->

Digitech DSP-128 effects processor

*Amp: Into a Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 with 1 marshall 1960A 4x12 cab and 1 mesa boogie open back 2x12 cab.  I use the marshall lead channel for most of my overdrive/ distortion.  I have the amp modded so it can take either EL34 or KT66 tubes.

*Then i mic the marshall cab usally with a Shure SM57 into the PA.

Its a pain in hte ass to set up.  Takes like 25 minutes.  Whenever i move my pedal board, something breaks loose, then i have to fix it.  :(  Also, if something doesnt work, i have to trouble shoot every pedal and shit.  I'm actually looking to downsize my set-up.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shure Wireless ->

Vox Wah-Wah ->

Boss Super Chorus ->

Boss DS-1 distortion ->

Crybaby Wah ->

i want your setup, just throw in a flange, delay and eq pedal thats my dream rig, all the way down to the tubes.

A few, my Gibson SG Standard, A fender standard Strat, and an Es-333 w/ dirty fingers in the bridge.

Also, in the es, it has a rear access plate, so u can hide a wireless inside. :)

EDIT: Also, i have a digitech digi-delay, i forgot to include it.  Usally, i leave it out of my pedal board, cuz i dont use it often live.  So what i would use with everything is:

Shure Wireless ->

Vox Wah-Wah ->

Boss Super Chorus ->

Boss DS-1 distortion ->

Digitech Digi-Delay ->

Crybaby Wah ->

Its a pain in hte ass to set up.  Takes like 25 minutes.  Whenever i move my pedal board, something breaks loose, then i have to fix it.  :(  Also, if something doesnt work, i have to trouble shoot every pedal and shit.  I'm actually looking to downsize my set-up.

btw does the seymour duncan pickup booster work good?

i would like a very clean pickup booster, but i dont want to spend money then it is shitty

for example, can it boost the volume into a clean tube amp, and it doesnt start to distort?

link=topic=63096.msg1311838#msg1311838 date=1183061387]

Shure Wireless ->

Vox Wah-Wah ->

Boss Super Chorus ->

Boss DS-1 distortion ->

Crybaby Wah ->

Shure Wireless ->

Vox Wah-Wah ->

Boss Super Chorus ->

Boss DS-1 distortion ->

Digitech Digi-Delay ->

Crybaby Wah ->

i would like a very clean pickup booster, but i dont want to spend money then it is shitty

for example, can it boost the volume into a clean tube amp, and it doesnt start to distort?

any clean boost is going to distort the amp unless you're playing at very low volume. It sends a boost in the signal to the front of the amp, driving the pre-amp tubes. That's why they use them, so you can get a natural distortion while running your amp clean.

link=topic=63096.msg1311838#msg1311838 date=1183061387]

Shure Wireless ->

Vox Wah-Wah ->

Boss Super Chorus ->

Boss DS-1 distortion ->

Crybaby Wah ->

Shure Wireless ->

Vox Wah-Wah ->

Boss Super Chorus ->

Boss DS-1 distortion ->

Digitech Digi-Delay ->

Crybaby Wah ->

any clean boost is going to distort the amp unless you're playing at very low volume. It sends a boost in the signal to the front of the amp, driving the pre-amp tubes. That's why they use them, so you can get a natural distortion while running your amp clean.

idk man i was watching steve vai on youtube and he pressed a pedal and it increased volume, and the guitar sounded way more "alive" i guess is the best way to describe it, and it didnt break up at all

but as i am typing this i realize he might have used a volume pedal and not had it all the way up when he was first playing

it depends on your style. you might buy a flange and think holy shit, whenether am i going to use this, what a waste of money. just try out different ones, wah's, chorus, flange, delay, distortion/overdrive etc and see which ones you think you might want to use.

so i finally got an actual pedalboard.

my store got one in used and i bought it for pretty cheap considering what these go for new.

that being said, i was wiring it up and realized i need a couple of longer patch cords, so for right now it's pretty useless.

so i decided to take some pics.

IMG00273.jpg

IMG00267.jpg

IMG00268.jpg

these aren't all the pedals i have, just the ones that i actually use.

i'm also still trying to decide what else i need that i would actually use.

for now this'll do, but i'm also looking to add a boss re-20 space echo pedal pretty soon.

more pics soon once i get a better camera, again sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Your pedal arrangement is very nice, bad idea getting the me-50.

yeah, i really wish someone would've talked me out of it when i got it.

but alas, that's what i get for shopping at sam ash.

i'm actually trying to sell it right now, i'll maybe get another couple pedals out of it if i can sell it.

i've got a ton of drive pedals already, but i'm gonna be ordering the new fulltone gt500.

from the descriptions i've read about what it does, it sounds amazing for boosting and just full on dist.

hopefully i'll have it in about a week and a half.

• 4 weeks later...

alright, so apparently fulltone isn't letting us order pedals right now cause they're epically backordered.

BUT, i did just buy an ad9 earlier tonight.

i love it, it's so warm and amazing for slapback echo stuff.

i'm also looking to buy a used fender supersonic head, which has amazing breakup, pretty much exactly what i'm looking for.

if i get it, all i'll need to do is buy the cab.

well i live at home still right now, which is why i'm buying so much gear.

so that when i move out i won't be paying rent and trying to save for gear.

i figure i need at least 1 good "stack" and combo, a  nice collections of pedals and at least 3 or 4 guitars and i'll be good.

the question is, what'll i do once i finally do move out?

Yeah you wish thats gonna be enough.

Once you do get all that GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) will kick in and say "Oh jeez, if i had that guitar my rig would be PERFECT". Then its just another pedal, and then its just another amp, cause you know? You gotta have both el34s and 6v6s.

Then its gonna be "man, i think i should get X boutique amp".

It never ends...