What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

corey

14 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

oh I know audiogalaxy. Got shut down kind of early if I recall. I was an imesh/bearshare man myself,

those two are big ones for me, and In Reverie. Ever listen to that album? how about Sound The Alarm?

for me saves the day lost their mojo after stay what you are. i like a couple tracks off in reverie ("anywhere with you" is cool), and like none off sound the alarm or anything since.

46 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

for me saves the day lost their mojo after stay what you are. i like a couple tracks off in reverie ("anywhere with you" is cool), and like none off sound the alarm or anything since.

I put off IR for a long time because of the reputation it got. But when I did get to it, I was floored by it. I think In Reverie is maybe their most accomplished, and most refined. AWY is definitely the banger, and I would say Tomorrow Too Late and Driving in the Dark are top-tier stuff. I highly recommend another listen if you haven't in while. I think it works as a grower.

STA is mostly alright, and probably the last good/great record IMO. Eulogy and Don't' Know Why are stand outs. I think that was when Chris started to lose his angst and his creative mojo.

I think the b-sides album is also incredibly solid too, and probably hold the band's greatest songs.

• Love 1

I know people love to shit on In Reverie and their later stuffs, I was like that too, but they should give it a shot as adults in 2018. They are worth it.

9 minutes ago, Scott. said:

im digging the fuck out of this

@Elisa thoughts?

So chill, so good! ?

@Scott. I've been listening to Basement's new album Beside Myself nonstop since it came out on the weekend. Did you hear it? Not as heavy as their previous stuffs but it's just amazing. I love all the songs. 

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

I know people love to shit on In Reverie and their later stuffs, I was like that too, but they should give it a shot as adults in 2018. They are worth it.

The newer stuff is just meh to me. And I even liked UTB. After that it was really just decent stuff to nothing that inspired. I'm not looking forward to this upcoming record.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elisa said:

So chill, so good! ?

@Scott. I've been listening to Basement's new album Beside Myself nonstop since it came out on the weekend. Did you hear it? Not as heavy as their previous stuffs but it's just amazing. I love all the songs. 

Yeah me too. It’s not as good as their last release imo but I’ve only spun it a few times. I absolutely love Changing Lanes. I wish it was longer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

The newer stuff is just meh to me. And I even liked UTB. After that it was really just decent stuff to nothing that inspired. I'm not looking forward to this upcoming record.

I don't go any further than Under The Boards. I think I've listened to the other albums when they came out but that's it. Chris has lost his damn mind and his music won't get any better at this point, but I'm glad I changed my mind about IR, Sound The Alarm and UTB. I couldn't stand them for years but then I came around and I still enjoy them. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Yeah me too. It’s not as good as their last release imo but I’ve only spun it a few times. I absolutely love Changing Lanes. I wish it was longer 

That one is so good! Slip Away sounds like it could be a b-side from Colourmeinkindness. I think I like how polished their sound is now, there are glimpses of the old and songs like Disconnect, Be Here Now, Keepsake are catchy and they're fine to me. 

In Reykjavik theres an absolute explosion in young people making music and releasing it on spotify, its the most popular music here. A guy released an album yesterday he recorded at his home. Usually im not into rnb hip hop rap but this album is crazy. Im hooked. Its in icelandic but check it out. His lyrics are about his mental problems and things hes done. The album is called EXCUSES  

3 hours ago, Regi. said:

In Reykjavik theres an absolute explosion in young people making music and releasing it on spotify, its the most popular music here. A guy released an album yesterday he recorded at his home. Usually im not into rnb hip hop rap but this album is crazy. Im hooked. Its in icelandic but check it out. His lyrics are about his mental problems and things hes done. The album is called EXCUSES

i made it about 24 seconds. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

great little pop punk song. Bloody love a female vocalist

@Ghost thoughts?

I don't know, mate. With this type of bands, I can't see any difference. You can like better one song, one voice, but they are pretty much the same generic poprock thing, IMO.