Poor Delonge fans everywhere, rejoice

Chinomaster182

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom doesn't get money from gibsons they give him guitars.

epiphone are great guitars ( they used to be shit) my guitarist has an epiphone dot in red and its got great tone and the build quality is good (apart from the switch toggles)

I am sure they pay him too.

His name is the reason the guitar is moving out the door. They aren't just going to give him free guitars.

They do that because people see him with the guitar and it further increases the sales.

epiphone are great guitars ( they used to be shit) my guitarist has an epiphone dot in red and its got great tone and the build quality is good (apart from the switch toggles)

epis are shit compared to gibsons

not necessarily, i know a lot of elitist epiphones are better than their gibson counterparts.

not necessarily, i know a lot of elitist epiphones are better than their gibson counterparts.

true.

With both Gibson and Ephiphone it really depends.

Some Gibsons sound like dog shit and some Epiphone sound like heaven.

You just have to try them. I've read the quality control on Gibsons and Epiphones isn't strict, so they produce beauties and pieces of shit.

true.

You just have to try them. I've read the quality control on Gibsons and Epiphones isn't strict, so they produce beauties and pieces of shit.

the quality of the instruments they just produce doesnt compare in my opinion. my new gibson les paul is miles ahead of my old epi les paul

true.

the quality of the instruments they just produce doesnt compare in my opinion. my new gibson les paul is miles ahead of my old epi les paul

Gibsons are obviosly going to be better made guitars. Don't expect a Gibson when you buy an Epi, and dont expect a Gibson when you buy an Epi. Pretty simple.

I am sure they pay him too.

His name is the reason the guitar is moving out the door. They aren't just going to give him free guitars.

They do that because people see him with the guitar and it further increases the sales.

dude, tom and gibson are just giving the peopel what they want, geez. how abou it goes more like this:

a shitload of fans: hey tom i want to buy your guitar but i cant afford it

tom: ok, i`ll just do a cheaper version so you can get it

the fact that so many people here already want one is an indication this is a good idea.

if his fans want it he gives it. you get what you pay for. cheaper price, cheaper guitar. everybody`s happy....except you, for apparently no reason except that you love to bitch.

i dont get why tom is suddenly so greedy just cuz he`s selling a product that people want to buy from him. wow tom is such an asshole for selling a product in exchange for MONEY. omg so evil. tom should be selling his guitars for gummy bears and hugs because if he asks for money that makes him a prick

i normally agree with ollie on things like this but i dont. i think tom trying to sell a signature guitar for £1750 is disgusting. he plays simple music and has a simple guitar. skint teenagers like me are the main market and we cant afford that. i think selling the epiphone is a good idea, it sounds different to a dot, looks a hell of a lot better and is only about £60 more which is good considering the pick up on it costs £100 alone.