Makes me sick

High Value Man

Victor/Tre lennon and everyone else.

I understand your points and agree with some of them. We just disagree on others I guess. From what I have seen from Mark he is fake and is a sellout, bigtime. But that is just one person's opinion. Of course I may be totally wrong.

I just don't like it that Mark is hanging out with these bands, again, my opinion. SO MUCH has changed since when I was interested in Blink. The magic of it is totally gone. They have let me down is SO MANY ways. So I guess mark might as well just go for the gold and start hanging out with shitty, overrated bands and play to a younger and younger crowd of people as time goes on. At this point, what does it matter? I shouldn't be all worked up about it anymore. I should just accept whatever. In 10 years a new band will come along that plays to the 14 year olds and there will be Mark, grey hair and atticus shirt, opening for them. Don't you people see that? No musical growth at all.

Yeah, they have done nice things for people, that's fine, I understand that. Maybe I just expect too much from them. I think back in the day when I liked them I wasn't old enough to see through all of it, but now I just realize how phoney it was. How Blink was a product in their later days and not the real deal.

But it's all my opinion. No point in this discussion anymore. I think everyone said what they were going to say.

Thanks everyone for debating me, and thanks to the people who refrained from using personal attacks against me like "Get a life Oliver" etc.

Anyway, I am done with this topic. This is it. So talk to you guys later.

You keep comparing Mark and the whole situation on people you know and what you think, everyone is different Oliver and dosen't act the same.

Yeah I know everyone is different. I just disagree how Mark is.

Scott was kicked out of blink. His opinion is biased.

Are you shitting me!?

Looks like Scott isn't the only one  who is bias.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victor/Tre lennon and everyone else.

I understand your points and agree with some of them. We just disagree on others I guess. From what I have seen from Mark he is fake and is a sellout, bigtime. But that is just one person's opinion. Of course I may be totally wrong.

I just don't like it that Mark is hanging out with these bands, again, my opinion. SO MUCH has changed since when I was interested in Blink. The magic of it is totally gone. They have let me down is SO MANY ways. So I guess mark might as well just go for the gold and start hanging out with shitty, overrated bands and play to a younger and younger crowd of people as time goes on. At this point, what does it matter? I shouldn't be all worked up about it anymore. I should just accept whatever. In 10 years a new band will come along that plays to the 14 year olds and there will be Mark, grey hair and atticus shirt, opening for them. Don't you people see that? No musical growth at all.

Yeah, they have done nice things for people, that's fine, I understand that. Maybe I just expect too much from them. I think back in the day when I liked them I wasn't old enough to see through all of it, but now I just realize how phoney it was. How Blink was a product in their later days and not the real deal.

But it's all my opinion. No point in this discussion anymore. I think everyone said what they were going to say.

Thanks everyone for debating me, and thanks to the people who refrained from using personal attacks against me like "Get a life Oliver" etc.

Anyway, I am done with this topic. This is it. So talk to you guys later.

You keep comparing Mark and the whole situation on people you know and what you think, everyone is different Oliver and dosen't act the same.

Yeah I know everyone is different. I just disagree how Mark is.

Scott was kicked out of blink. His opinion is biased.

Are you shitting me!?

Looks like Scott isn't the only one  who is bias.

well no shit Scott isn't the only one who is biased, but he IS biased! Everyone has different viewpoints and interperations of how things happened, thats why you have to take everything you're told as far as things like these go with a grain of salt.

And oh my god, if your cousin hates blink now but liked them back in the day... then my god, everybody must hate blink now who liked them back in the day...  Note a shit load of sarcasm in that sentence, people's music taste change, and some don't. if we're gonna go the my relation did this, well then My Dad who is now 53 has loved the Beatles since he was a teenager.

Think about it, not everyone's musical taste is going to change drastically throughout their lives, and this is especially true if you're a musician, you created the music and helped with the movement, you're going to appreciate that and love that for years and years to come

You cannot compare the Beatles to blink.

They grew with their fans. They changed their music style every album and grew with the times. They went from being suit wearing innocent boys to 3 years later being drug taking hippy clothes wearing rebels.

Blink or more specifically at this point Mark, is stagnant. He is reusing the same formula OVER and OVER again.

Using my cousin as an example was to represent an entire fanbase. Which is proven by the point that their fanbase stays the same age!!!!!

No can tell me why!

And I said I would stay out of this topic and I haven't. Dammit.

You cannot compare the Beatles to blink.

They grew with their fans. They changed their music style every album and grew with the times. They went from being suit wearing innocent boys to 3 years later being drug taking hippy clothes wearing rebels.

Blink or more specifically at this point Mark, is stagnant. He is reusing the same formula OVER and OVER again.

Using my cousin as an example was to represent an entire fanbase. Which is proven by the point that their fanbase stays the same age!!!!!

No can tell me why!

And I said I would stay out of this topic and I haven't. Dammit.

The Beatles wore hip clothing. Mark wears hip clothing.

and mark's style has changed, i dont see how you can say that oliver. he's kinda got this blend of his old style/travis' style going on now

anyway, music fans usually stay the same age because its usually only teenagers who are into music anyways. the music business caters to that demographic, they are the largest part of the market..or the ones that spend the most money anyway

you are right about the beatles oliver, but i think that only applies to the best bands of all time. not everyone is able to do that and still succeed

but yeah this topic is locked. it's been fun kids

• 6 years later...