So that's where Tom got it from.....

High Value Man

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't imply that, he said "we used it" never said "I made it up".  Olivers back and trying to be a douche again.

Relax reefer. I am not trying to be a douche.

I am using simple logic.

Fact: Tom was inspired by some punk rock guy to come up with guitar riffs using a certain unique chord progression

Fact: Mark came up with the riff for Dammit when messing around with a guitar that had a broken string (totally seperate from Tom's entire chord progression thing)

Fact: Tom is now applying his chord progression thing to the Dammit Riff.

Something obviously doesn't make sense.

2+2 does not equal 5

yes, but none of that matters because he said WE did it in dammit

Yes it does matter because Tom is saying the dammit Riff was  off a chord Scheme that he was inspired to use, when it was Mark who wrote the riff. I guess we are too assume that Mark was there on the same exact day as Tom and was inspired in the same exact way by the same exact guy and wrote the Dammit riff with the same exact thinking as Tom had with his songs. And the story about Guitar with the broken string causing the riff, is bullshit?

Or are we ready yet to admit that Tom was trying to Make it sound like he came up with it?

Guess not.

But whatever. It's not worth getting worked up over.

mark has the same playing style. he was inspired by the same bands as tom.

and i like how oliver says FACT... reminds me of dwight  :lol:

Victor, you are dodging my points with things that aren't really relevent. But that's ok.

Anyway, who is this Dwight?

Yes it does matter because Tom is saying the dammit Riff was  off a chord Scheme that he was inspired to use, when it was Mark who wrote the riff. I guess we are too assume that Mark was there on the same exact day as Tom and was inspired in the same exact way by the same exact guy and wrote the Dammit riff with the same exact thinking as Tom had with his songs. And the story about Guitar with the broken string causing the riff, is bullshit?

Or are we ready yet to admit that Tom was trying to Make it sound like he came up with it?

Guess not.

Victor, you are dodging my points with things that aren't really relevent. But that's ok.

he didn't say the guy showed it to him in person and inspired him, he said it was a riff in a song the guy wrote. he said he told the guy that that riff inspired him, thats where the meeting or whatever happened, mark wouldn't have to have been there to be inspired the same way. he also didn't say how the riff came about. he just said that they used the riff with the ascending root note in dammit. which they did.

Character from The Office

Everyone says how great that show is and I still have not seen it. Cause my parents are too cheap to get HBO.

The Office comes on NBC.

So wait, it's not a show on HBO?

Or they do re-runs on NBC?

I could have swore it was an HBO show. I must be retarded if it's not.

Guess not.

ok fine

you were follwing the wrong train of thought

first tom was talking about the guy who inspired him

then he said the guy inspired him by showing him how to do riffs where you hold the same notes in the chord and then just change the root note

then he said that that technique inspired his style of riffing

then he showed examples of songs that had that style of playing

so when he said "we did it in dammit" that was him saying that that style of riffing was done in this song, that song, this song, and we did it in dammit, etc

there, make sense?

Everyone says how great that show is and I still have not seen it. Cause my parents are too cheap to get HBO.

The Office comes on NBC.

No, new episodes air on NBC. The season just ended so repeats will be airing if it comes on any during the off season. Repeats air on TBS on Tuesday nights.

The Office comes on NBC.

No, new episodes air on NBC. The season just ended so repeats will be airing if it comes on any during the off season. Repeats air on TBS on Tuesday nights.

Oliver is retarted??!?!?! Get out!!