Fender/Squier

royal.

Do Telecaster and Strats have the same sound?

Which one is better for playin just all round blink stuff?

Whats a good guitar that works well with blink songs and indie bands like the strokes, the hives, bloc party...etc?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aBitOverObsessed

There is so many new british Indie bands recently in the UK, I could rip my hair out because they all sound alike!!! I like Bloc Party, The Strokes and The Hives though.

I also recommend the telecaster for Indie, and neither for Blink, unless you are buying a Fat Strat (same as a Standard stratocaster, but with a humbucker - better pickup for that kinda style) in which case, hells yeah buy that.

Do Telecaster and Strats have the same sound?

Which one is better for playin just all round blink stuff?

Whats a good guitar that works well with blink songs and indie bands like the strokes' date=' the hives, bloc party...etc?[/quote']

1.) no, teles are more twangier than strats

2.) strat

3.) fender stratocaster

So, if i want to play blink, mainly stuff from like enema to the untitled album, is a telecaster anygood?

Do the tele and distortion get along well?

I will probably be getting a Squire Tele, cause they are cheaper and im a n00b on guitar, but i can still rip out a good song! lol, such a n00b quote right there,

Guest iameric

either one will do the job

a fat strat will give you a more blinkish tone, and the tele will suit the sounds of the strokes, hives, bloc party, etc.

but i'd say just get whichever you prefer, cause both will still be relatively close. and if you're going squire, i'd swap in some new/better pickups later anyway.

I mean, my parents are gonna spend more than 500 aud.

So a squire tele is a good choice?

I wud love a custom strat, pink like marks, with those stripes like tom had back in the day.....

wot color is good for the tele? black is shit boring....

how much for a squire tele with a custom paint job....

epiphone worth lookin at?

No, i mean, ive been playin accoustic for a while, i just wanna play electric, cause accoustic sucks dick for ripping out shit....theres that ripping word again....how much is a custom though....telecasters look shit with paint jobs...

Guest aBitOverObsessed

"how much is a custom though....telecasters look shit with paint jobs..."

That really made no sense at all. Who cares about paint jobs on your first electric guitar? I'd recommend Epiphone rather than Squier, but you seem pretty set on a Squier Tele, so go for it! They sound pretty good for their price i guess and so is the playability.

but i mean, i wont get an epiphone for under 400-500 will i?

I mean, i aint that set on the tele, im open to anything but ibanez, but i like fender, squire, epiphone, a gibson would be nice....but tooo gooddd and expensive for me

I can play, but im not great.

I mean, I taught my self bass...

And I watched my friend play guitar, one day i just picked it up and started playin stuff, he let me borrow his accoustic, and I got well.

So im self taught, so perhaps something along the lines of a Fender isnt worth it yet?

Whats dif between Fender and Squire in terms of playing and sound?