The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

What do you think the chances are that blink will have a new song for this: http://www.30days30songs.com

Real quick breakdown of what it is,every day for 30 days bands are releasing new or unreleased anti-Trump songs until the election.  On day 1 it was Death Cab for Cutie (I really like the song, its called Million Dollar Loan), day 2 now is Aimee Mann.  Other confirmed artists are R.E.M. and Jim James of My Morning Jacket.  So it seems to be the more indie bands, but REM and Death Cab are certainly big bands in their own right, blink wouldn't seem so out of place.

Now I'm not holding my breath on a blink appearing on it, but I'm also not dismissing the possibility, they've never been really politically driven, but neither has Death Cab for Cutie, but I think Trump is just so universally hated that there are few bands that wouldn't be willing to give a song to such a compilation.  

• Like 1

wow, its 2016 and i just watched a blink video i havent ever seen before. never though i'd be saying that. that was such a pleasure to watch, thanks for posting that. it wasnt too crazily over sped up either like most of what they did back in 04 which was really nice to see

On 10/7/2016 at 1:25 PM, boxelder said:

id love this. i understand part of the charm of dude ranch is its production/sound, but that crystal clear remix of dammit and josie, applied to the whole record? i'd never listen to another blink album again. haha. add in dancing with myself, good times, and IWBHFC and put it out there. i'd be in heaven lol

they had a video camera with them a lot of the time during that era, so it exists. a lot of it is in the urethra chronicles i think. i seem to remember mark (or tom? been a while) running around naked in the field behind big fish, where they recorded dude ranch

Not sure why you'd want to mess with the excellent mixing of Dude Ranch