The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

TMTATS was great because we were getting stripped down and hyperfast versions of the songs. Now they're playing songs live at album speed with backing tracks which makes it way more boring to listen to if you aren't at the concert in person.

true. still, i think there's a lot of new material (post-EOTS) that has never been captured on a live record, so it seems worthwhile to do so, even if we're in a weird era in terms of ... experimentation live lol.

11 hours ago, boxelder said:

true. still, i think there's a lot of new material (post-EOTS) that has never been captured on a live record, so it seems worthwhile to do so, even if we're in a weird era in terms of ... experimentation live lol.

they've done loads of recorded performances since the reunion in 09, at festivals or special gigs, so most post EoTS songs that they play have a good quality live recording.

19 hours ago, boxelder said:

I think everything post EOTS would be cool if it wasn't at album speed with backtracks. It might as well be the actual albums with a backing track of an audience.

23 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

A blink live album would be boring as hell now unless they ditched the click tracks and backing tracks. Plus they don't even do cool extended outros and bridges anymore like they used to.

Though I guess pro-recorded and (I suspect) heavily edited live versions of these songs with Matt on vocals would be cool.

It'd work better as a live DVD though. They play the songs too close to the actual album versions now for a live album to be interesting to listen to without accompanying video footage.

TMTATS was great because we were getting stripped down and hyperfast versions of the songs. Now they're playing songs live at album speed with backing tracks which makes it way more boring to listen to if you aren't at the concert in person.

its pretty boring when you're there in person too.

Im watching hbo 24/7 hockey and they used fighting the gravity in it.  Never knew that.

9 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I just thought everyone should know that during a World Junior Hockey Championship game today, they played Superman by Goldfinger during a play stoppage and then ATST during the next stoppage of play.

Too bad canada lost

18 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I just thought everyone should know that during a World Junior Hockey Championship game today, they played Superman by Goldfinger during a play stoppage and then ATST during the next stoppage of play.

Cheers for that. Made my year that has..

• Like 1