The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

During their untitled tour they were literally playing the album track in the background. Sounded like blink had 3 singers. Old Tom, mark, and Drunk Yodel Tom. 

If he did use some backing tracks then I say job well done. He sounds great and you can't tell

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chase said:

Performance was ok. The bigger issue to me is how bad the marketing/promotion has been lately. Seriously, what the hell? For an album that went #1 with 172,000 in first week sales, it feels like they just gave up after Bored to Death

Agreed! Cannot believe they haven't released sober as a single yet... like why write a song that catchy and let it fade into nothing??

4 hours ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

SOOHM is about to hit #1, why would they release another song right now?

On the alt chart, Sober could technically cross over to the big boy chart, seems odd not to push it. 

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

they're doing it the way most labels do things. give SOOHM its due right now, one single at a time. pushing two costs more money, especially since they'll likely push sober to pop radio too.

Yeah but they did SOOHM totally ass backwards as well. Release a summery sugary single in October, a whole six months after the first one, only promote it with a throw back vine stars video and then not push it since? doesn't make a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah but they did SOOHM totally ass backwards as well. Release a summery sugary single in October, a whole six months after the first one, only promote it with a throw back vine stars video and then not push it since? doesn't make a lot of sense. 

SOOHM's doing well. it's been at no. 4 on the alt songs chart for a few weeks and could be no. 1 next week if the numbers are right (blink has never had two no.1 one singles from an album btw). i think they'll start doing sober sometime in like april-may though

What exactly is the label supposed to do now anyway? Get them on TRL?

They just played Kimmel, have a single that has been top 10 for weeks and is still going up, their social media is active..

If they promoted it anymore you would all be screaming SELLOUTS SELLOUTS waahhhhh.

This place is a mess of late.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, boxelder said:

SOOHM's doing well. it's been at no. 4 on the alt songs chart for a few weeks and could be no. 1 next week if the numbers are right (blink has never had two no.1 one singles from an album btw). i think they'll start doing sober sometime in like april-may though

There's was more competition back in the day. Mainstream rock music is dead so if they did get another no1 it's not exactly an incredible achievement 

• Like 2

SOOHM is such a weak track, surprised it is doing well. I guess I am not good at predicting what people will like because I listen to that song and can't imagine a wide audience falling in love at all. I would never have selected it as a single. Video was fucking stupid too. I am guessing it is mostly new tween fans who never got to have the original Blink and they need something to hang their hat on. That and big money/name recognition.

• Like 1

I hear SOOHM a lot where I live and I honestly have to change the station whenever it comes on. Like Oliver said, it's just a weak song but it is marketed at the tween fans who love pop rock music. It also pisses me off that it's one songs Feldmann has openly said he came up with and it was his idea. I would of loved if San Diego became a single.

• Like 1