The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

32 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

This keeps getting said and until there is proof it remains a bad argument.

Provide me with the proof such a co writing credits or interviews that state that Jerry helped write the music. Otherwise shhhhhhhhhhh

Mark straight up says he was the fourth member for decades:

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/04/blink-182-california-interview

Go suck a dick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blink182acti0n said:

Finn helped with lyrics, melodies, what worked and what didn't work. Pushed the band into a direction for success.  How is that not enough proof? 

You can't be serious, because you say it doesn't make it true.

1 hour ago, two said:

Mark straight up says he was the fourth member for decades:

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/04/blink-182-california-interview

Go suck a dick

That isn't proof at all. Ya know what the Finn comparison reminds me of? The time all you fucktards said that Tom was totally committed to Blink 182  and that the 2 year delay with Neighborhoods was totally normal. I mean, I just saw a picture of Tom in the studio the other day, so of course he is committed.

And we all know how that turned out.

When you use  anecdotal evidence to support your position, you always look stupid.

Still waiting, where is the  proof that Finn helped Cowrite the songs. Please I beg you. I will bow down and call you master if there happens to be one shred of proof of it. Feldman is listed a co writer on each song, so obviously it shouldn't be that hard to find the same thing with Finn. Open up the old CDs lets see it....

LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Still waiting, where is the  proof that Finn helped Cowrite the songs. Please I beg you. I will bow down and call you master if there happens to be one shred of proof of it. Feldman is listed a co writer on each song, so obviously it shouldn't be that hard to find the same thing with Finn. Open up the old CDs lets see it....

LOL

I just gave you proof- a statement from Mark saying as much. You literally want a video showing Jerry working with blink on a song from start to finish as proof- anything less doesn't suffice in your eyes. You're a fucking idiot. Go fall in a frozen lake again.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Cali shits all over Neighborhoods and DED. And that's coming from someone who enjoys and defends both of those releases for what they are. 

Totally agree. Cali is not what I want from blink but fuck me I'd take it over neighbourhoods and DED all day long. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Whatever floats your boat. I guess that is good news for me and other guys if we take care of ourselves, I am 10 years younger than Mark and I fear getting older and being gross, I guess I shouldn't.

oh god, you will find any way for nagging and discontent

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Olidamus said:

man oli i tend to be on your side but i think it's clear finn had an influence/helped write songs on EOTS. listen to dude ranch and EOTS back to back. there's a huge change, and not just in production. here's some "proof":

http://www.mtv.com/news/515955/blink-182s-secret-of-success-they-write-for-fans/

Both DeLonge, 23, and his songwriting partner, Hoppus, 27, said Enema of the State producer Jerry Finn (Rancid, Offspring) helped them craft the album's appealing pop sound.

"He's so talented," DeLonge said. "And he's got such rad ideas. There's lots of things on the album that make the album for me, where he would say, 'You should do this during that part’' and I would just go, 'Wow, that is so rad.' "

In preparing to do the album, Finn sought to find out what the group's fans were looking for. He went to see Blink-182 play in Las Vegas and asked fans at the show what they liked most about the band.

"A lot of people I talked to, especially the girls, liked the songs that Mark wrote about relationships falling apart," Finn said. "When we went into this [album], there weren't that many [relationship songs], so I asked Mark to write another breakup song. He came back the next day with 'Going Away to College.' "

8 hours ago, Blink182acti0n said:

Finn helped with lyrics, melodies, what worked and what didn't work. Pushed the band into a direction for success.  How is that not enough proof? 

Because production is not writing. Finn never said "we wrote" otr "we wanted to write", Teethy Feldmann does. You can be a co-driver, or the driver. I think Finn was guiding the guys. Feldmann grabbed the steering wheel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Because production is not writing. Finn never said "we wrote" otr "we wanted to write", Teethy Feldmann does. You can be a co-driver, or the driver. I think Finn was guiding the guys. Feldmann grabbed the steering wheel.

imagine that finn and feldmann did the same thing, then - knowing their personalities - imagine how they would talk about it.

you can't really find interviews with finn, he never wanted fame, he might underestimate himself. he changed th sound of every mediocre band he worked with, and all those bands became punk-rock legends.

feldmann is the other extremity. he's usually working with well known bands, he doesn't need to redefine their styles, but he's always the writer/co-writer of their albums, and he's the first person who talks to the press...

seems like one of them was a humble guy, and the other is a megalomaniac.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but anyway. Here's what Travis says in his book about working with Jerry Finn:

Jerry wasn’t some asshole rolling up to the studio in a Bentley—he was one of us. He could be honest with us, and we would listen to him, which is really important. These days, “producer” means “I’m going to write some songs for you.” He didn’t do that—he was more about giving us ideas and lending an extra set of ears. He’d say, “Hey, that sounds cool—why doesn’t that part at the end go a little longer?” Or “What if this song had an intro?“

Taken From: Travis Barker. „Can I Say.“ iBooks, page 167.

• Like 7

Yeah, but we have two keys here that point out that it's very possible that Finn didn't do what Felmann does:

1. Enema songs were written and listened before they were recorded, and despite the glossy production, they are pretty much the same songs before and after Finn.

2. If you listen to Finn's discography as producer, albums sound really different from each other (even the more punkpop ones, they sound different). Now you take the last Feldmann works (specially the punkpop related ones, like All Time Low, Good Charlotte and California), and you'll find they sound way more similar. So, I can understand by that that he has a deeper input.

• Like 4

I think Mutt would make for a good comparison. They wrote it with Scott, not Travis, which I'm assuming they never hooked up with Finn until Travis was on board. Some of the biggest differences would be the drums, sure. But there's a rawness to it (yeah, yeah, it's a demo, I know, I know) but I still think that's a good example of a song BEFORE Jerry (the demo, even the American Pie Soundtrack version differs from the demo and the EOTS) and AFTER Jerry (EOTS). 

4 hours ago, Jane said:

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but anyway. Here's what Travis says in his book about working with Jerry Finn:

Jerry wasn’t some asshole rolling up to the studio in a Bentley—he was one of us. He could be honest with us, and we would listen to him, which is really important. These days, “producer” means “I’m going to write some songs for you.” He didn’t do that—he was more about giving us ideas and lending an extra set of ears. He’d say, “Hey, that sounds cool—why doesn’t that part at the end go a little longer?” Or “What if this song had an intro?“

Taken From: Travis Barker. „Can I Say.“ iBooks, page 167.

Thanks! so its settled. Lets state for the record now.

JERRY FINN DID NOT WRITE BLINK SONGS!! FELDMAN DOES.

So can we stop the stupid defense now that Finn and Feldman are the same? They aren't. It was a really stupid defense to begin with. ANd as far as Finn helping with suggestions here or there, I never denied that, that is different fro being a fucking co writer.

I advise many of you Feldman bots to open up the little booklets that came with your CDs and locate what people did, nowhere will you find Finn as a co writer of Blink material.

• Like 1