The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, amiller5706 said:

God I hope that isnt a song teaser. 

basically my feeling. I mean its synth noise so it means nothing, but if that kind of synth noise is on a new blink song then woohoo yet another this is home on our hands. 

31 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

He'd have to listen to it first!

Does anyone know if he's said that he's heard California? 

no he hasn't, and I doubt even if he had listened to it that he'd mention it to anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

no he hasn't, and I doubt even if he had listened to it that he'd mention it to anyone. 

I wonder what he'd say if a journalist/interviewer asked him outright if he's heard it. Would he bullshit an answer or just be honest?

1 minute ago, 2point5 said:

I'm not sure generic pop punk is really Tom's thing so probably not. 

Deary me, the man's more clueless than i thought! Cali IS the second coming of christ, way better than that AVA shit! ;)

Listened to Neighborhoods in its entirety today, overall it's a better album than California for me. More consistently good songs, only songs I really don't like are Snake Charmer and Up All Night and I still like them more than quite a few songs on California.

Amazing to think how broken that recording process was and they still turned out a decent enough record. Imagine how good they could of made it if three of them spent a couple of months in a studio together...sad really.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I wonder what he'd say if a journalist/interviewer asked him outright if he's heard it. Would he bullshit an answer or just be honest?

I'm sure anyone who is allowed to interview him has been told specifically not to ask about it. Just as anyone who interviews current blink is warned not to bring up Tom. 

I'm with Kay though, I really don't think he's listened to California. I'd bet he's heard BTD, and I know they played San Diego at the MLB HR Derby which Tom was at, so he's probably heard a few songs. I would love to hear Tom's thoughts on it, tbh I bet he would cringe and laugh through most the record. I really think if he heard it all he would've gone on a Facebook rant by now. lol.

When Bored to Death came out it was around the time the Chasing Shadows stuff came out, and he did say something along the lines of "it's not right to compare the two because they're so different." I interpreted that as "they're completely different genres so you're comparing apples and oranges."

Who knows with him though. It's the same guy that said "punk" has nothing at all to do with music.

10 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

I'm sure anyone who is allowed to interview him has been told specifically not to ask about it. Just as anyone who interviews current blink is warned not to bring up Tom. 

I'm with Kay though, I really don't think he's listened to California. I'd bet he's heard BTD, and I know they played San Diego at the MLB HR Derby which Tom was at, so he's probably heard a few songs. I would love to hear Tom's thoughts on it, tbh I bet he would cringe and laugh through most the record. I really think if he heard it all he would've gone on a Facebook rant by now. lol.

I should've been a touch clearer, i was thinking more in a hypothetical situation. I'm absolutely certain that interview questions get vetted, there's no way in hell that he wouldn't have been asked about it by now.

I agree, no doubt he would find it awful, which is amusing to me considering the amount of turgid solo/ava wank that he's put out! I'd much rather listen to this pretend-182 that we have and enjoy myself (even if it is crap) than be bored silly by ava/solo stuff :)

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Listened to Neighborhoods in its entirety today, overall it's a better album than California for me. More consistently good songs, only songs I really don't like are Snake Charmer and Up All Night and I still like them more than quite a few songs on California.

Amazing to think how broken that recording process was and they still turned out a decent enough record. Imagine how good they could of made it if three of them spent a couple of months in a studio together...sad really.

Yeah, Neighborhoods is really a good record! When you put it into context how it was recorded it is quite some accomplishment and showed what Blink was capable of.

It kicks the shit out of Cali imo. 

1 hour ago, ...and then said:

I think the albums wouldn't really match together well. 

Ditch the ballad and ATL shite from Cali, keep the better more mature stuff and have better production on the best Neighborhoods songs (with some minor changes to songs too) then I think you'd have a really fucking solid and cohesive blink-182 record. 

Going through old phone pix and found some from the 2013 Untitled shows in L.A. I've only been on the West Coast for 3 days total, and it was to fly out to Cali and see those 2 shows, then fly right back. 

I remember during soundcheck people were requesting songs and Mark said "We're not monkeys, we actually need to practice some of these." I thought he was joking, but in hindsight he was probably telling the truth. On the 2nd night's soundcheck, I remember Tom saying they were going to record an album that next year, and let the fans create the album cover. Mark sorta looked at him surprised and said "Oh really?" as if he was shocked. Again in hindsight, these were signs of how little they were around each other. 

I keep trying to upload these to the site but get an error, hopefully these links work:

KGldcWp.png

5aYuOBm.jpg

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Going through old phone pix and found some from the 2013 Untitled shows in L.A. I've only been on the West Coast for 3 days total, and it was to fly out to Cali and see those 2 shows, then fly right back. 

I remember during soundcheck people were requesting songs and Mark said "We're not monkeys, we actually need to practice some of these." I thought he was joking, but in hindsight he was probably telling the truth. On the 2nd night's soundcheck, I remember Tom saying they were going to record an album that next year, and let the fans create the album cover. Mark sorta looked at him surprised and said "Oh really?" as if he was shocked. Again in hindsight, these were signs of how little they were around each other. 

I keep trying to upload these to the site but get an error, hopefully these links work:

KGldcWp.png

5aYuOBm.jpg

Which shows did you go to?

I was at the second show at the Palladium and also went to the first show at The Wiltern!