The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

also they avoided tom as much as possible, you only see like a body on that side of the stage, nothing of his face at all. They have music video footage, there has been televised performances they could have used and considering all the touring and promotion they've done for this record there should have been some camera work at a few concerts, this is just pure laziness if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

I am sure it is just a fuck up.

Honestly where I work, everything is fucked up, even tasks that you'd think are simple and obvious, somehow get fucked up.. I think this is actually fairly common in organizations where you a juggling 1000 different things with 1000 different hands in the pot, simply mistakes happen.

I don't really see how purposely editing it to ignore Tom but not including Matt is just a mistake. either the editor had footage of matt and chose to ignore it, or didn't have footage of Matt to include and just did what they could.

It means someone either didn't provide them with footage, or couldn't be bothered to provide them with footage, or somehow never had access to the footage in the first place, or that footage doesnt exist.

in which case the entire concept of showing live footage to sell the next blink show by not showing any of the recent tour is just a bad idea to start with and shouldn't have been allowed to continue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

In my experience Mark isn't a dickhead, but he is very serious and professional. Far from the easy going relaxed person you see on TV, or maybe he use to be easy going and now he isn't. Travis is very easy going/funny talkative. Strange how TV makes things seem a certain way that is totally opposite of reality.

i thought you said at your meet and greet Mark was a giant dick? 

50 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

i thought you said at your meet and greet Mark was a giant dick? 

I don't recall saying that, he was just kind of boring and very serious. During sound check he didn't want us there (im sure you could tell too) and during the meet and greet it was just awkward.

It doesn't mean he is a dick, people just wanted to fight me on that, im just saying he isn't like this huge fun loving jokster you see onstage during the show or in interviews, or he wasn't when I saw him.

• Like 1

I've said this before, he's jaded, fame is an everyday occurrence for him, playing to 20K people is now as routine as taking a shower. It would take a lot to impress him. There are a lot of people like this where you want them to share in your enthusiasm about things, and they are just so over it.

I am guilty of it too, there are people who want me to get excited about things that are so 5 years ago. Sorry, been there and done that.

• Like 1

A great example, a brand new Blink fan comes here today and hears Untitled for the first time and just loves it and is amped and wants to talk all about the ins and outs and everything in between and most of us will be like; its been done kid, sorry.

Its about being at a certain time and place at the right time. Once upon a time Mark was crazy excited about stuff, but only Davey was there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ...and then said:

That's strange to be honest. Why avoiding one member in a promo video? 

Because all of that footage in that promo comes from this Heart's All Gone music video:

I only knew that off the top of my head because I just used that same video footage when I made this (the shots at the end, and even in the thumbnail):

It is really odd that they wouldn't use footage with Matt. Even just using the Bored to Death music video footage would have made more sense.

• Like 1

I remember hearing ads on the radio when they were promoting the US summer tour. It was really strange because behind the announcement they would play First Date, All The Small Things and Always. All Tom songs.

And even the TV ads had a tonne of footage of Tom. I get at that point they didn't really have much footage of Matt but you would think they would cut out the Tom parts.

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Because all of that footage in that promo comes from this Heart's All Gone music video:

I only knew that off the top of my head because I just used that same video footage when I made this (the shots at the end, and even in the thumbnail):

It is really odd that they wouldn't use footage with Matt. Even just using the Bored to Death music video footage would have made more sense.

Yeah I only recognised it because of using the HAG footage before, its not exactly the most memorable live footage haha

• Like 1

On 14/2/2017 at 1:34 PM, Nasa said:

Mark is my favorite member but he is definitely the least talented. Within the Mark Tom Travis lineup of course. I don't know enough about Skiba to judge his talent. 

I dont think Tom is more talented than Mark, they´re even. Mark has always been a better live singer (even nowadays)  and its a solid bass player (live)  Tom since 2004 or so became really inconsistent live. As for songwriting they became the oppositte Mark has been insecure puting few material and Tom releases everything good or bad. If we compile Mark´s best songs vs Tom best songs i think they´re even.

Plus, Mark created iconic pop-punk basslines Carousel or Man Overbord and even he came up with Damiit, and WMAA guitar riifs, classic pop punk stuff, while Tom, although has created so much great guitar classic riffs never created a single outstanding bassline.

• Like 1