The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, raw_sounds said:

But the vast majority of people who listen to say Britney Spears do not listen to blink, its pop but in a different way, id say blink its just the poppiest side of "punk" music

Anecdotal, but I fucking love both.

I like pop music!

I like all genres of music actually. Flat out saying you don't like an entire genre because of what's on the radio in that genre is close-minded imo.

Except for country. Fuck that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ungroovy said:

Anecdotal, but I fucking love both.

Slave 4 U is a fucking banger, not gonna lie. I had one of her records growing up.

I think pop music is fine if you accept it for what it is, but enema and toypaj may be very poppy by punk comparisons but its still heavier than the vast majority of pop music of its time.

Blink is playing in Belgium at a festival early in July. Line-up for that day (biggest names): Seasick Steve, Frank Carter, Jimmy Eat World, Blink 182, System of a Down, Linkin Park. That day sold out pretty quickly. 106 dollars. Wondering if I should try to get a ticket. I'm saving up to buy a house so gotta watch my budget.

Anyone heard the new JEW album? Absolutely love it. Sure and Certain is a really an awesome song. And they always sound so good live. Seasick Steve on a sunny afternoon while high, fun. Frank Carter? Awesome punkband. He was in The Gallows. Blink is ofcourse Blink, but I don't really mind not seeing them. Heard all the songs 1568 times and  they (especially at a festival, understandable) just play the singles. Always fun to see them though. Tom would make it better with his juvenile humor lol. Only really know Toxicity from SOAD, but it's a great album. I'm sure they'll be great live. And that point I'll be pretty drunk anyways lol. The only band that day I haven't seen live yet. Not the biggest fan of Linkin Park, but it would take me back to when I was 12 years old and Hybrid Theory came out.

Should I go. Transportation, food and drinks. It'll be at least 170 dollars for one day.

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Slave 4 U is a fucking banger, not gonna lie. I had one of her records growing up.

I think pop music is fine if you accept it for what it is, but enema and toypaj may be very poppy by punk comparisons but its still heavier than the vast majority of pop music of its time.

You missed my nutso Britney phase a few years ago, I think I would post every new single she put out and get into arguments about how great she was. It was a bad time for all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bastard said:

Blink is playing in Belgium at a festival early in July. Line-up for that day (biggest names): Seasick Steve, Frank Carter, Jimmy Eat World, Blink 182, System of a Down, Linkin Park. That day sold out pretty quickly. 106 dollars. Wondering if I should try to get a ticket. I'm saving up to buy a house so gotta watch my budget.

Anyone heard the new JEW album? Absolutely love it. Sure and Certain is a really an awesome song. And they always sound so good live. Seasick Steve on a sunny afternoon while high, fun. Frank Carter? Awesome punkband. He was in The Gallows. Blink is ofcourse Blink, but I don't really mind not seeing them. Heard all the songs 1568 times and  they (especially at a festival, understandable) just play the singles. Always fun to see them though. Tom would make it better with his juvenile humor lol. Only really know Toxicity from SOAD, but it's a great album. I'm sure they'll be great live. And that point I'll be pretty drunk anyways lol. The only band that day I haven't seen live yet. Not the biggest fan of Linkin Park, but it would take me back to when I was 12 years old and Hybrid Theory came out.

Should I go. Transportation, food and drinks. It'll be at least 170 dollars for one day.

I think there's a thread for it. I loved You With Me and the rest was pretty alright but didn't stick with me too much. Maybe a relisten a few months down the line is in order.

4 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

You missed my nutso Britney phase a few years ago, I think I would post every new single she put out and get into arguments about how great she was. It was a bad time for all.

I thought that was Ethan..

5 hours ago, bastard said:

Tough. $106 is good for all those bands.. But they're all certainly washed up a bit.  Chester from Linkin Park is one of the best live performers.  

The last festival I was planning to go to was ~380 for a day pass, it was ridiculous. 100 isn't bad.

6 hours ago, Nasa said:

I like pop music!

I like all genres of music actually. Flat out saying you don't like an entire genre because of what's on the radio in that genre is close-minded imo.

Except for country. Fuck that.

What's wrong with country? Country life is the good life honestly

1 hour ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

What's wrong with country? Country life is the good life honestly

I just think it's corny and the vocals are annoying and every song sounds the same to me. That last criticism though is based off of me never taking the time to listen to country willingly, so it's probably not a completely valid criticism.

Also, everyone I know in real life that likes country I don't get along with, soooo

9 hours ago, ungroovy said:

In my movie I shot an actor improvised how she thought Britney shaving her head was the most punk rock act of the past decade. 

6 hours ago, Nasa said:

I just think it's corny and the vocals are annoying and every song sounds the same to me. That last criticism though is based off of me never taking the time to listen to country willingly, so it's probably not a completely valid criticism.

Also, everyone I know in real life that likes country I don't get along with, soooo

all I think of now whenever I hear modern country - 

• Like 2