The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I have always been the one who said i don't really care for anything pre-enema. But there are amazing gems from budha demo to dude ranch. I don't really care for those records as a whole but i made a mix with all my favorite stuff from those records and its a lot of fun. Still....in my opinion blink started with travis and finn.

A lot of the Dude Ranch charm is the honest production if it. However some of the songs I can agree could have worked.  Mutt is basically what you'd get with Dude Ranch and good production.. Which is good, but I wouldn't trade Dude Ranch for anything.  It's aging really well imo too..There's nothing else like it being made nowadays.

With neighborhoods I agree it doesn't really work as well.  +44 and Box Car had that Self Titled level production (almost) and most will agree was better then Neighborhoods.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

Emo is great though.

I just wish they rerecorded dude ranch back in 2000 with the Enema production.

And i wish neighborhoods had the instrumental sounds from self-titled.

In a perfect world...

Just listen to the live album. I prefer the live dude ranch recordings to the actual album. I know its blasphemy.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

A lot of the Dude Ranch charm is the honest production if it. However some of the songs I can agree could have worked.  Mutt is basically what you'd get with Dude Ranch and good production.. Which is good, but I wouldn't trade Dude Ranch for anything.  It's aging really well imo too..There's nothing else like it being made nowadays.

With neighborhoods I agree it doesn't really work as well.  +44 and Box Car had that Self Titled level production (almost) and most will agree was better then Neighborhoods.

Yeah, I wouldn't change Dude Ranch either. Not even the production side of it. It's early blink. I always think bands on that level should be starting out with production that has lesser quality or something. There'd be no soul to Dude Ranch if it was done the way Enema was. As great as the songs were on the live album, it's still a live album (even if some of it was mixed and produced in the studio). It'd sound completely different to the live album the way Enema was recorded. Tom wouldn't sound like that. The songs wouldn't sound as fast. Dude Ranch is a great album. Dammit, Pathetic, Voyeur, Untitled, Dick Lips, Josie, Emo, Enthused, just great songs all over man.

Maybe a remix of the album would be decent, the way Dammit was, but not full on rerecording. I love it as it is.

36 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, I wouldn't change Dude Ranch either. Not even the production side of it. It's early blink. I always think bands on that level should be starting out with production that has lesser quality or something. There'd be no soul to Dude Ranch if it was done the way Enema was. As great as the songs were on the live album, it's still a live album (even if some of it was mixed and produced in the studio). It'd sound completely different to the live album the way Enema was recorded. Tom wouldn't sound like that. The songs wouldn't sound as fast. Dude Ranch is a great album. Dammit, Pathetic, Voyeur, Untitled, Dick Lips, Josie, Emo, Enthused, just great songs all over man.

Maybe a remix of the album would be decent, the way Dammit was, but not full on rerecording. I love it as it is.

I actually agree that it sounds kind of odd when brand new young bands have that perfect studio production right off the bat and quality music videos. Idk if it's just because that's not what we're used to, but I've never liked that.  The raw beginning is always what sets the roots of the band and uniqueness

• Like 1

Can we all slow down for a minute and appreciate what great of a song "Waggy" is.

Haven't listened to Dude Ranch in a while and that song came on while I was going for a run listening to Blink's discography on shuffle. Killer song. 

• Like 8

Dude Ranch is my second favorite blink album and I wouldn't touch a thing, production issues and Travis be damned. Honestly I think some of their older songs age better than Enema and TOYPAJ even if they were recorded with inferior equipment. Apple shampoo, emo, lemmings, 21 days, these songs all resonate better with me as I get older over say online songs, rock show, first date and WMAA. Both groups of songs deal with being young to an extent but the earlier work is far more accessible  to me because they're not shoving it down your throat relentlessly, ultimately making the band's anthem endless youth.

• Like 1

Dude Ranch is the best blink album, anyone wanting to change it is just wrong. wrong wrong wrong. I love their later stuff too but come on, Dude Ranch is almost perfect.

• Like 5

Because Dude Ranch is the best album ever. I listen to that album regularly and whilst I grew out of their songs from Enema and TOYPAJ (but I still enjoy them) it's funny that I'm almost 28 and I still relate to their earlier songs and to every song of Dude Ranch.. considering that they were written by the guys in their early twenties.

Every time Enthused comes up on shuffle, I still stop everything I'm doing ❤

I would love to give the album a full listen today, but I should do it after the new song is released or I will definitely find something to complain about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Because Dude Ranch is the best album ever. I listen to that album regularly and whilst I grew out of their songs from Enema and TOYPAJ (but I still enjoy them) it's funny that I'm almost 28 and I still relate to their earlier songs and to every song of Dude Ranch.. considering that they were written by the guys in their early twenties.

Every time Enthused comes up on shuffle, I still stop everything I'm doing ❤

I would love to give the album a full listen today, but I should do it after the new song is released or I will definitely find something to complain about it. 

Are we getting a new song today ?