The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Ppl using crowd pictures to cope with denial that blink hasn't fallen off a cliff musically is pretty sad.  It's up to blink to redeem themselves and write better music..because this is all majority formulaic sell out shit for non blink fans, and it's pretty blatant.  But they never will if so many just pretend everything's fine and dandy. It's called holding them accountable. Something ppl don't do anymore.. It just feels like there's too many ppl in lala land these days. Idk how any Blink fan can be satisfied with the type of music they're currently making/co-writing.  It's like even the higher quality ones, are still pretty unrecognizable as Blink music.

• Like 1

It's all easier than that:

- Commercially? blink is a succesful band again. You can't deny that.

- Artistically? well... it's debatable, but the fact is that they made a generic punkpop record that, moreover, falls into the same terrain that other punkpop bands. Bands that, ironically in the past, were always looking up to sound as blink.

The most remarkable thing about all of this is how the crowds are consistently reacting with more energy and excitement for California songs during the live sets. That is awesome and such a huge accomplishment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

The most remarkable thing about all of this is how the crowds are consistently reacting with more energy and excitement for California songs during the live sets. That is awesome and such a huge accomplishment.

Or is it suggesting that longtime fans aren't going to shows anymore?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

That's because they're fucking new and the same old setlist has been played to death live.

That and it's Matt Skiba covering Tom songs live, no one gets that excited for that..it's just kind of mixed feels.

My friend and I went to a Blink concert this past summer after California dropped. Neither of us really liked Cali but were somewhat bummed they only played the greatest hits + Bored to Death & the joke songs at that setlist (I didn't even get the Cynical shows). It was just kind of strange to have both joke songs but no actual songs too.

Live is a completely different animal. No one goes to live shows to critique, they go to have fun. 

22 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Or is it suggesting that longtime fans aren't going to shows anymore?

Well, that's something we don't really know. I think, for sure, there are older fans which like new blink.

Most people are terrified of growing up and turning into their mothers or fathers. I grew up terrified I'd turn into Tom Delonge. There was one brief moment in a crappy fake leather jacket doing a vocal take on a recording with my arms stretched out and friend saw me and was like "dude. look at yourself". I recoiled in horror. I've firmly held my arms against my sides ever since. never go full TD. 

• Like 3

I randomly watched part of Riding In Vans With Boys yesterday and pretty early on in the doc Alkaline Trio music starts playing. It was kind of weird watching this old documentary, showing scenes of Mark Hoppus while Matt Skiba is singing in the background. Kinda funny.

55 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Blink have only sold out a few U.K. Shows. Is it or me or is that really shit? They've been on sale for ages haven't they?

Yes, from October, I believe. they said the first show in London got sold out a few minutes after the tickets went on sale just to add another date, in case that first one actually sold out, but it didn't happen.

It was a stupid move because one of our friends had to buy a ticket for the second show and when the other tickets became available again he was so pissed off. I think it's the first time that they don't sell out the arena in London or in other smaller cities like Leeds, Liverpool or Brum.