The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

8 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

jesus fuck....Those vocals tracks have been beating to death with Melodyne

I mean i get it....It has to be in tune. And i don't consider mark a real singer anyway. But he's quite bad. Ofcourse i don't care cause he is a good songwriter with the skills he has and has an amazing tone in his voice. But still.

Its almost robotic.

You can hear it really well in ''Good Old Days''

Sometimes i just don't know where i BELONGGGGGGG *Melodyne. That part really destroys the song a bit. Super plastic fake sounding....like some youtube covers have going on.

Well, to be honest, they have been doing that since yesteryear. Maybe it was not that noticeable. Here are the vocals for Always, and here for Feeling This.

8 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

jesus fuck....Those vocals tracks have been beating to death with Melodyne

I mean i get it....It has to be in tune. And i don't consider mark a real singer anyway. But he's quite bad. Ofcourse i don't care cause he is a good songwriter with the skills he has and has an amazing tone in his voice. But still.

Its almost robotic.

You can hear it really well in ''Good Old Days''

Sometimes i just don't know where i BELONGGGGGGG *Melodyne. That part really destroys the song a bit. Super plastic fake sounding....like some youtube covers have going on.

you guys don't realize that most things in today's music is done on purpose. they could have recorded the same vocal parts 1-2 more times, and that would have been perfect. the engineer would put everything together, and the vocal track is completed without being robotic. but: today's listeners love the autotune/melodyne-effect.

in an acapella it sounds weird, but between distorted guitars or synths the little digital bends add something "special". you know what it is, and it's not special for you. but the average listener just thinks this is what makes a song professional.

so it's not about abilities. although mark's voice is not that good anymore, in a studio environment he could hit the notes easily. it's not like being on set at a live show, singing for 20 minutes, getting tired, and making a mistake with a higher note that can't be corrected. in the studio he just needs to sing a 10 seconds part to correct a mistake anytime. but they don't do it, because they want that melodyne-effect.

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

you guys don't realize that most things in today's music is done on purpose. they could have recorded the same vocal parts 1-2 more times, and that would have been perfect. the engineer would put everything together, and the vocal track is completed without being robotic. but: today's listeners love the autotune/melodyne-effect.

in an acapella it sounds weird, but between distorted guitars or synths the little digital bends add something "special". you know what it is, and it's not special for you. but the average listener just thinks this is what makes a song professional.

so it's not about abilities. although mark's voice is not that good anymore, in a studio environment he could hit the notes easily. it's not like being on set at a live show, singing for 20 minutes, getting tired, and making a mistake with a higher note that can't be corrected. in the studio he just needs to sing a 10 seconds part to correct a mistake anytime. but they don't do it, because they want that melodyne-effect.

I completely agree for popmusic.

For blink...i think you are deadwrong. And its not on purpose in the way you think. The vocals just have to be as produced as the instruments for it to sound cohesive. Thats why. Too high production standards. But its not like mark wanted his voice to sound like that. i dont believe that. 

Im a guy who loves autotune and loves vocoders and effects to make vocals sound 2017. Huge pop guy here

But mark could of done a few more vocal takes to the point where he almost hits the right note. Then you could pitch it a little to make it sound 100% in tune.

Sometimes it sounds like mark was off a little too much and they had to push the words to the right note and also went a little to far with the knobs on the software. 

It sound horrible at times. It also doesn't sound like its done on purpose. It sounds like an overproduction mistake from Feldpopman and a  mediocre singer.(thats what mark is..lets be honest)

I do love melodyne btw cause for the most part his voice sounds really good thanks to modern production software and all. But at times its too much

Yeah, if they wanted that in purpose, they'd make it more evident to achieve that effect. In this case, though, it's pure pitch correction taken to the extreme, just as the rest of the sound is treated. But in the other hand, I do think the 'aaaaahs' on the background of the chorus are really tuned and tweaked in purpose that way. I mean, they even sound like Mark or Matt.

• Like 1

Thank all of you though....for talking in depht about music and using your brains.

I have met so many people that just like a song or don't like a song....but only based on the song. 

I truly think 50% of a songs beauty isn't the song itself...but the production,mix choices and ofcourse the arrangement and soundwise. and why they went for their choices.

Its an artform on its own.

Most average people don't listen to that stuff. 

You can clearly see how many real music lovers are on these boards!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

I completely agree for popmusic.

For blink...i think you are deadwrong. And its not on purpose in the way you think. The vocals just have to be as produced as the instruments for it to sound cohesive. Thats why. Too high production standards. But its not like mark wanted his voice to sound like that. i dont believe that. 

maybe not mark was the one who wanted it, but the production crew (mostly feldmann)... all songs produced by feldmann has this over-the-top autotune shit. it can't be accidental, and it's not a test. he's been using it for years, and (even if it sounds strange for us) it's probably working.

20 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

Thank all of you though....for talking in depht about music and using your brains.

I have met so many people that just like a song or don't like a song....but only based on the song. 

I truly think 50% of a songs beauty isn't the song itself...but the production,mix choices and ofcourse the arrangement and soundwise. and why they went for their choices.

Its an artform on its own.

Most average people don't listen to that stuff. 

You can clearly see how many real music lovers are on these boards!

You should read "How Music Works" by David Byrne, from Talking Heads. I'm sure you'd love it. :)

• Like 1

anyone catch marks instagram q and a this morning? it was funny, wavves commented and said "how was it opening for us" and feldmann commented. he got the question "who's your fav panic at the disco member" and said dallon, after which dallon commented and said "YES!!!". lol it was amusing

what was not amusing was the classic "75-90 min is the perfect show length!"

• Like 4

4 hours ago, boxelder said:

anyone catch marks instagram q and a this morning? it was funny, wavves commented and said "how was it opening for us" and feldmann commented. he got the question "who's your fav panic at the disco member" and said dallon, after which dallon commented and said "YES!!!". lol it was amusing

what was not amusing was the classic "75-90 min is the perfect show length!"

I caught it and tried to ask him serious questions, but he never answered those. But of course as soon as I ask him what his favorite Mario Kart character is he's all over it. lol

On 4/10/2017 at 2:34 PM, Olidamus said:

I remember Travis gave an interview later and said he felt like something was up, he said there seemed to be extra lighting in the room, and he also said that he really wasn't happy with the prank even after Ashton said it was a joke, I remember him saying something along the lines of "I was so worked up at that point I was ready to punch Ashton"

He mentions in his book how he was extremely high at this dinner and they had to edit out a portion of the scene where he pops a molly. 

EDIT: Holy Eff, I haven't logged in here in so long and this was queued in my comments? Sorry ha