The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

7 minutes ago, alkaline_skiba said:

Someone have the keerang scan?

There arent many brits here and the ones who are british here aren't buying and scanning it, I imagine. I sure as hell won't. 

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I think my favourite work of Travis might be on Enema of the State, he showed a technical side while keeping some raw punk roots too.

He's still awesome but I think his drumming has lost something since the hiatus. 

I agree with this. Sometimes less can be more. Sometimes he adds too many fills now and it just isn't as good. Plus I think his drums are mixed terribly post hiatus. Even neighborhoods. His GOTDF solo stuff is just totally lost. You can hardly hear it.

I'd say Neighborhoods/DED then Self Titled are Travis best work actually.  I'm a sucker for interesting fills though and Travis created some crazy stuff like Dogs Eating Dogs, Hearts All Gone intro.

Stockholm Syndrome is probably the great drum composition I've heard in a punk song though. It's flawless.

Enema/BCR probably fit Blink better, but from a drum only standpoint, gotta go with later stuff up until Cali, which is actually pretty shockingly bad for Travis.

That was kind of a bore. It's a "safe" interview. Blink has only given a couple tell all's in their career. This one ranks very high on the limited details scale.

"Well that is tough to say...."

" I am not really sure...."

"I don't have a comment on that...."

"Tom does his thing and we do ours....."

Etc

I feel like Blink has become the opposite of why I bgan to like them, they play is too safe. Their asses are so tight. God forbid they disrupt the safe route, with their music, and with what they say.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

That was kind of a bore. It's a "safe" interview. Blink has only given a couple tell all's in their career. This one ranks very high on the limited details scale.

"Well that is tough to say...."

" I am not really sure...."

"I don't have a comment on that...."

"Tom does his thing and we do ours....."

Etc

I feel like Blink has become the opposite of why I bgan to like them, they play is too safe. Their asses are so tight. God forbid they disrupt the safe route, with their music, and with what they say.

I bet a lot of it now comes down to being legal things they can't or won't talk about.  Seems pretty clear they don't want to disrupt what they have going, especially with Tom still spouting off about it from time to time.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, plusavablinker said:

California is the best to Mark...come on man...

It speaks to him mindset I think. He totally blocks out neighborhoods and the reunion now because looking back it was a flop, failure, and a time when the band wasn't really working together.

Mark thinks California is amazing because he has to prove to the world that this whole thing actually works without Tom and he has to prove to himself that he can actually still do music. Because I think since like 2002, he hasn't been convinced he actually can.

Also, WTF is up with Matt not knowing his position in the band? Its been 2 years. What a joke.

• Like 1