The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Kevin. said:

are you serious? i'm not trying to pull an Oliver here, but Travis has like 150 cars and one of them is a pointless monster truck. his ripped up clothes probably cost thousands of dollars. his kids are stereotypical "rich kids of instagram" who would probably have bought tickets to the festival anyway. Mark obviously isn't as bad when it comes to showing off, but his multi million dollar home he has in LA isn't exactly low key. I'm sure he also has another one somewhere in England. 

Trav had an obsession with cars before he even got famous, of course he's going to have some dope Cadillacs when he gets money. He has like 5 or 6 last time I saw him post pix of his garage which isn't shit. His clothes are $10 Metallica t-shirts from Target washed 100x, with some $40 Vans shoes. I don't pay attention to his kids, but everyone shows off on social media so I'm not surprised at all that a rich child shows off the cool shit they get to do when their dad is a famous rockstar... I would too.

None of that supports you saying they are 100% into being "classist and racist", nor do any of them have "ferraris and yachts" or even come across as being of that lifestyle IMO.

@Chewy030 I loved UAN from the first time I heard it and still love it. I'd take it over anything from Cali-era IMHO.

39 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Trav had an obsession with cars before he even got famous, of course he's going to have some dope Cadillacs when he gets money. He has like 5 or 6 last time I saw him post pix of his garage which isn't shit. His clothes are $10 Metallica t-shirts from Target washed 100x, with some $40 Vans shoes. I don't pay attention to his kids, but everyone shows off on social media so I'm not surprised at all that a rich child shows off the cool shit they get to do when their dad is a famous rockstar... I would too.

None of that supports you saying they are 100% into being "classist and racist", nor do any of them have "ferraris and yachts" or even come across as being of that lifestyle IMO.

@Chewy030 I loved UAN from the first time I heard it and still love it. I'd take it over anything from Cali-era IMHO.

Have you ever seen the episode of cribs with Travis?....... I would say that is flaunting the riches. That was before the bigger money even rolled in.

Truth is Mark and Travis are likely more rich than any of the people Matt is condemning, and Matt sold himself out to be part of that club.

So it is stupid for him to talk about this really.

14 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Truth is Mark and Travis are likely more rich than any of the people Matt is condemning, and Matt sold himself out to be part of that club.

Oh for sure, I just think they are pretty grounded and don't come across as elitist or superior. Like I don't see them pulling up on a yacht and making fun of poor people, or even making fun of poor people in general or "talking down" to people. Of course they are loaded and spend their money on dope shit they want.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr Hoppus said:

It kind of puts this whole Feldman/Tribute act thing into perspective.

At first I'd be like "No Feldman, Hate him"

Then they'd be like "But $16Mil coming your way" and I'd be like

"Yeh bring on Feldman! I love this guy!"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

It kind of puts this whole Feldman/Tribute act thing into perspective.

At first I'd be like "No Feldman, Hate him"

Then they'd be like "But $16Mil coming your way" and I'd be like

"Yeh bring on Feldman! I love this guy!"

"I cannot be bought, my personality is what I choose"

"$16mil, I'll take it!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

2YMnHsH.jpg

Yep, it has grown on me since though.

Here is a picture of me 6 years ago getting ready to listen to UAN for the first time, a historic moment.

Can you please make a reaction video for when blink releases a new album? It'd be hilarious to see your face reactions as you're listening to new blink for the first time.

• Like 1

I just read this quote:

"I've never felt any significant pangs of envy or regret over our decision to stay independent - it's probably the main reason we're still standing after all these years. The only thing that hurt was watching the rise of Blink-182. Not because I have any problem with those guys (in fact we consider them bros), but because they were the only mainstream punk band that seemed like they were directly ripping us off. We were always the "joking" band. Rancid, Green Day, and the Offspring all had their own personae. We cornered the market on lowbrow humor. The funny songs. The Mike/Hefe stage banter.. I don't know if it was conscious plagiarism or just our influence on them, but watching Blink-182 copy our style and get hugely popular with it was the only thing I resented. In fairness, their sound is more polished. And they're younger and more attractive than us. If we weren't going to exploit our sound on a major, someone else was bound to - it was just a matter of time. But when they offered us a million dollars to open for them on one of their tours, it felt satisfying to turn it down. Our pride probably has a price... they just haven't hit it yet."

Eric Melvin from NoFX on their biography, so they were really bitter about blink success.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

i can still remember how strangely disappointed i was!

When Up All Night was first released, I loved it. Was quite an unpredictable song too IMO. Was exactly how I expected blink to continue from the smiley face album. Had the Boxcar Racer elements. Loved how they blended the AVA elements too. Was pretty much everything I wanted AVA to be.

It's one of my favourite blink singles although I do think it was a strange choice for a single. I overplayed it shit loads. I was more disappointed hearing After Midnight, because that song sounded fucking great live around then. Especially the bridge. But the studio version was kind of boring. That said I really do like After Midnight.