The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

9 hours ago, NotNow said:

Posting this here because I don't want to derail the dedicated thread, but I'm surprised mark hasn't acknowledged Chester yet since they were gonna be playing together shortly. Matt made an Instagram post.

yeah, i thought this too. kinda strange

They play snippets, go through the lyrics, the time it was made, find some covers of it etc. For Dumpweed they talk about how it was the first Travis song and address the misogynistic lyrics etc.  Apple Shampoo was fascinating, covering the girl it was about, the response song she wrote. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FightingTheGravity said:

Holy shit does Blink miss this guitar writing ability.  #Tombot initiated sorry blink.

This is how you properly rip off of Adams song Matt & Feldmann.  Put some fucking soul into it.

Pretty much what I was thinking. This video made me nostalgic. 

With the news of chesters death, I took another look at my favorite band. On a serious note, I think we should all be thankful that the ex-lead singer and guitarist of our favorite band is still alive. While the chance that tom will ever give a shit about blink again is small, there is still hope. The hardcore linkin park fans must be devastated right now.

9 hours ago, Smalls said:

With the news of chesters death, I took another look at my favorite band. On a serious note, I think we should all be thankful that the ex-lead singer and guitarist of our favorite band is still alive. While the chance that tom will ever give a shit about blink again is small, there is still hope. The hardcore linkin park fans must be devastated right now.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing the other day. I can't even imagine if Mark, Tom or Travis passed away unexpectedly. I'd be gutted emotionally, which is weird because I've never met them. Makes me appreciate how Travis recovered from the plane crash that much more. Dude is seriously a badass for eventually going cold turkey on the drugs, both illegal and legal. Could've gone down DJ AM's path but didn't.

• Like 5