The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

Wow. I vividly remember watching that. Don't really think I've seen it since then.

Same here. Remember flipping through the channels and randomly landing on TRL because there was nothing else on. Then this bombshell landed like an elephant on the chest. I was utterly shocked because it seemed like they were doing great with miss you being huge, and saw nowhere for them to go but up. Had no clue them breaking up was even on the table.

Like you, I haven't seen this since. But I remember it point for point, and I'm reminded of that "no fat fucking way!" my 15 year old self overwhelmingly felt that day.

• Like 2

As bad as I felt that day, I felt much worse when the blink w/Skiba Musink show was announced because fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. And it pretty much confirmed to me they weren't really friends all 3 times I've seen Mark, Tom and Travis live. So it was more like, fuck, here we go again only blink isn't as popular as they were during the first breakup. More of a disappointed, "Really,  guys???"

I liked the somewhat classy high road the members took at first after the first hiatus. No one commented to the press, no one said insults or called each other disingenuous. Just the simple indefinite hiatus. And then Tom emerged with long  Bono hair and brown leather jackets...

I still wish +44 had been bigger. Maybe we'd have a second record and not this bastardized version of blink that spits on their legacy on a daily basis.

Not even being a smartass here but where do other "real fans" hang out? Just on Reddit or something? Or just random Tweets/FB comments? I remember back in the day bands would have message boards with hundreds of people and posts every day, I know times change and stuff but I miss that type of thing haha.