The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Ugh yeah I've never understood the ones that just look like a child scribbling... it's like in the early 90's there was always some "tattoo artist" at heroin parties giving tatts for free. Some are a little more understandable, I had one that just turned out shitty and I ended up covering it up, but that was because I used to just walk into shops with a design and see who could do it for the cheapest. My advice to any one wanting tatts is to do your research and find a great artist, save your money up and get it done right. It is worth the money, or time you have to wait to get the appointment. Once I found an amazing artist nearby, I won't let anybody else touch me.

4 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I dunno, it kind of represents the whole reunion era too.

Yeah I know. That's what my argument keeps coming back to. Say what you will, but I'll always be happy to have seen blink 3 times in the reunion era...even with the backing tracks. I'm just afraid someday there will be 14 Matt albums but I guess this would be no different than, let's say, Davey having a cheshire cat tatt (not that he does have a cheshire cat tatt, just using it as an example).

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

you shouldn't worry about that, if you love untitled or cheshire cat, 14 albums with Matt won't change what those songs mean to you 

This is very true and probably why it'll be my 1st color tatt.

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

If it only has 5 arrows, it doesn't represent the reunion era imo.

I'd get the Untitled cover minus the blink-182 lettering. So 5 arrows, just to make sure it's not the reunion era. Like, I always liked blink since I was like 9 or 10, but they cemented themselves as my favorite band forever with the Untitled record.

29 minutes ago, Janinator said:

as long as it's not the stupid bunny thing Mark keeps pushing or the octopus, it's a good Blink tattoo.  Maybe mix em all together and put different things in each arrow? 

Call me ignorant, but what stupid bunny thing? I always liked the original bunny, but the reunion bunny was....um....odd. if I got an octopus, it'd be for the Detroit Red Wings. Not Mark Hoppus. I would think it'd be cool to mix the different eras somehow in a tatt.

Hey - long time lurker who finally made an account here.

I originally posted this on the reddit, but that place is boring as fuck and nobody seemed to care. Anywho, I came to my senses and realized it would be more appreciated here.

In 2009, I saw blink in camden nj and noticed Mark playing bass with his fingers instead of a pick during reckless abandon. Like, a bass player. This stuck out to me because I had never seen him do that before, and I certainly have not seen him do it since. After years of haphazardly searching on youtube for a good angle of this, I finally found it a couple of weeks ago. 2:07 to about 2:23.

Is it a big deal? Of course not. It doesn't need it's own thread, and that's why I posted it here. But it's an interesting moment in Blink history, IMO. 

• Like 4