The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

The mixing on that is really bad, so I feel like I can't judge the guitars or whatever on that.

The mixing on here is pretty good, but I do think his guitar needs more balls to it. It's ok but the bass and the drums have way more power than his guitar from 2009 and onwards.

15 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

The mixing on that is really bad, so I feel like I can't judge the guitars or whatever on that.

The mixing on here is pretty good, but I do think his guitar needs more balls to it. It's ok but the bass and the drums have way more power than his guitar from 2009 and onwards.

Because Tom is stupid and built his sound around the acoustics of a practice room instead of an arena. His guitar has more treble which sounded louder and had more power in a smaller room but shit the bed in an open arena.

Which ... what does that say about his guitar techs and sound guys? There are a whole lot of yes men in the Blink camp.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Because Tom is stupid and built his sound around the acoustics of a practice room instead of an arena. His guitar has more treble which sounded louder and had more power in a smaller room but shit the bed in an open arena.

Which ... what does that say about his guitar techs and sound guys? There are a whole lot of yes men in the Blink camp.

That's been pretty goddamn apparent for years now.

9 hours ago, Since88 said:

This must be the best live show on youtube since the reunion. This was in the beginning, they had so much fun and they actually sound great here! Awesome show

This sounds like dog shit and I actually like some post reunion Tom perfomances. 

I always love this show. Theyre mixed perfect/backing tracks just aparent enough, everyone has great energy and while Tom is wasted I actually dont mind him at all here. This shits on anything Skiba has done IMO.  The bridge to last chorus on Feeling this is great  

21 hours ago, Since88 said:

This must be the best live show on youtube since the reunion. This was in the beginning, they had so much fun and they actually sound great here! Awesome show

I enjoy most post-reunion shows a lot more than most on here but this show did not sound great. Especially if you watch the footage of Obvious where he sounds like he's literally taking a massive shit during the chorus. 

20 hours ago, knapton said:

This sounds like dog shit and I actually like some post reunion Tom perfomances. 

I always love this show. Theyre mixed perfect/backing tracks just aparent enough, everyone has great energy and while Tom is wasted I actually dont mind him at all here. This shits on anything Skiba has done IMO.  The bridge to last chorus on Feeling this is great  

That is a GREAT version of feeling this. I like how Tom kind of bashes on an E under "this place was never the same again after you came". 

Honestly think this is peak post hiatus blink. Also like how Mark is wearing a blue t-shirt. That's pretty minor and nit-picky, I know, but I always thought they just looked cooler when they weren't wearing all black. 

That little European run was good. Between that show and this interview with Tom where he is down-to-earth and cool as shit, it really seemed like Blink was really back for a minute there. 

• Like 1

less than jake was playing a show here tonight, and i asked chris about "the rest of my life" and working on it with mark. i wanted to clarify what was mark's input, which part is his work? chris said they worked together on the song, but the chorus lyrics was entirely mark, and it was the base of the song. he talked about it as a very blink sounding song, "if you listen to it, you can hear blink in it", and he was wondering why didn't it end up as a blink song. i told him blink was on hiatus when the song was born, and as he realized it he kind of agreed that this could have been the reason why mark wrote such a sad, personal song for another band.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

less than jake was playing a show here tonight, and i asked chris about "the rest of my life" and working on it with mark. i wanted to clarify what was mark's input, which part is his work? chris said they worked together on the song, but the chorus lyrics was entirely mark, and it was the base of the song. he talked about it as a very blink sounding song, "if you listen to it, you can hear blink in it", and he was wondering why didn't it end up as a blink song. i told him blink was on hiatus when the song was born, and as he realized it he kind of agreed that this could have been the reason why mark wrote such a sad, personal song for another band.

interesting... that song is fucking wank though. 

14 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

I enjoy most post-reunion shows a lot more than most on here but this show did not sound great. Especially if you watch the footage of Obvious where he sounds like he's literally taking a massive shit during the chorus. 

What? Obvious sounds awesome from that show to me. oh well..

4 hours ago, Zoltan said:

That's what I love about Less Than Jake, so down to earth just enjoying themselves. They came out and just talked and had a couple of beers at the show I went to too. So great people

Yeah, I like that song too. Not a fan of that band but that song is pretty great IMO. A lot of Mark moments in the lyrics like "Somehow it feels so familiar, somehow it seems so familiar". The way he repeats the same sentence but changes a couple of words. I like hearing that in blink too.

This happened where I lived 16 years ago.  I remember it being advertised way back then.  This would be such an awesome show.  And OMG i just youtubed Project Wyze and their big song was one Ive been trying to remember for years.

blink show poster.jpg

• Like 1