What's your rig? - Master Thread

david to the fifth power

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Guitar: Fender Mexican HSS Strat, Fender CC-60SCE Acoustic-Electric
Amp: Fender Mustang I
Basses: Sterling Ray4 (stickerbombed), Squier Affinity P Bass (also stickerbombed), Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Bass (first model, 2001ish), Pete Wentz Signature Bass
Amp: Fender Rumble 25
Pedals: Boss Chromatic Tuner, EHX Bass Big Muff, TC Electronics Grand Magnus Distortion, Boss BF-3 Flanger, MXR Micro Amp, Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1
Audio Interface: Line 6 UX1
Amp Sim: POD Farm 2.5
DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab
Mics: Sennheiser 845e, Shure SM57

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, sinness said:

Yup!

My first gigging rig was a massive $3000 Marshall Head/Egnator half stack that I insisted on buying and, don't get me wrong, it sounded great but it was WAY over powered for anything I'd ever need it was a pain in the ass to lug around plus recording with it was a shit experience. I used it for years until I realized a 50 watt was all I'd ever need and could be mic'd well enough if need be ... it's a hell of a lot easier to travel with too.

3 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

My first gigging rig was a massive $3000 Marshall Head/Egnator half stack that I insisted on buying and, don't get me wrong, it sounded great but it was WAY over powered for anything I'd ever need it was a pain in the ass to lug around plus recording with it was a shit experience. I used it for years until I realized a 50 watt was all I'd ever need and could be mic'd well enough if need be ... it's a hell of a lot easier to travel with too.

Yeah, I can't afford that.

• 4 months later...

This is my live drum set up ! 

Crush Acrylic Drums,

10" Tom

Pearl Sensitone Aluminium Snare

16" Floor Tom

22" Kick

DTX Multi-12 for Samples.

Cymbals vary depending on the gig, I usually rent for whatever is needed.

Logidy Midi pedal to control backing tracks that you can see below my left side tom/hihat stand

For tracks you can see a laptop and rack mount behind me. I run Ableton into a MOTU-Mk4 Ultralite that runs into a Radial Pro8 and two Mono DI's to split 10-tracks that runs out to a x32 Rack Mixer, thats usually used for In-Ear mixes but occasionally used for front of house aswell depending on the venue. 

dsc0572-min-1.jpg

dsc0404-min.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adrianm14 said:

This is my live drum set up ! 

Crush Acrylic Drums,

10" Tom

Pearl Sensitone Aluminium Snare

16" Floor Tom

22" Kick

DTX Multi-12 for Samples.

Cymbals vary depending on the gig, I usually rent for whatever is needed.

Logidy Midi pedal to control backing tracks that you can see below my left side tom/hihat stand

For tracks you can see a laptop and rack mount behind me. I run Ableton into a MOTU-Mk4 Ultralite that runs into a Radial Pro8 and two Mono DI's to split 10-tracks that runs out to a x32 Rack Mixer, thats usually used for In-Ear mixes but occasionally used for front of house aswell depending on the venue. 

That's a nice set-up, dude. what band do you play in?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Inherited some new gear today ... Big Apple Stratocaster, Rickenbacker 330 Thinline Semi-Hollow, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp and lastly an Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee. 

20200802-163744.jpg

20200802-172845.jpg

20200802-185316.jpg

IMG-20200802-193848-01.jpg

That Fender Deluxe fucking howls and bites, needs some work done to it but it's a great little amp. I fell in love with it almost instantly.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Kay said:

That Rickenbacker is gorgeous! 

I've always wanted one, ever since Laura started playing them. It's a great guitar, plays really smooth and it's real responsive. My favorite is the strat though, it just fits perfectly. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The Strat has become my main, it's the perfect guitar for me and I am head over heels for it ... one issue though ... the fucking volume knob, it's in such a poorly placed spot. I know an easy solution would be to rewire it to only have the volume knob and bridge pickup but then I'll look like a prat, DeLonge wannabe, besides I like the tone knob.

The guitar has Seymour Duncan '59s at the neck and Pearly Gates Plus at the bridge, now, I don't give a fuck about the '59s but I love the PGs. I always heard everyone dismiss the Pearly Gates in lieu of Invaders but, honestly, having had both, it's Pearly Gates all the way. I'm thinking about disconnecting the '59s all together and just leaving the PGs, that way I do away with the switch, remove the neck tone knob and move the volume knob down. The only problem is I don't think they make a pickguard with that particular set up, as I've only found the delonge one online (granted, I've barely looked), so I'll just have empty spaces where the switch and volume knob used to be.  

• 2 weeks later...

just got my red rocker back from the shop! my first electric, 1986 yamaha SE 150. been playing and stickering it since 1991. the seymour duncan humbucker has been in there since 1999. this time i've got a brand new A 500k pot, black saddle replacements to match my delonge sticker strat, and the dude intonated it and restrung as well. like many players i can restring my own guitars but i am comfortable enough that the time is worth more than the money. great tech; my local shop guy.

i should have my delonge sticker strat back next week with all new tone pots, intonated and restrung as well.

and yes, that is an oven knob on the volume pot. been that way since the late 90s. "BAKE" is full volume.

rr.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1