What's your rig? - Master Thread

david to the fifth power

from here on out, no more "post your rig", "what's your rig", "what are you running" threads.

i know i've started my fair share, but this is going to be it.

anyways, post your rig in here and as you continue to build it up, feel free to update us on it.

this doesn't mean you can't start a new thread if you get a new guitar or amp, this is just to stop the addition of new rig threads.

also, pics of your rig are encouraged.

• Like 8

as of now i have my Gibson Les Paul Classic, Gibson Explorer, and Jackson Soloist going to my chromatic tuner > mxr phase 90 > Visual Sound H2O chorus and echo > digitech turbo flange > boss acoustic simulator >boss noise suppressor, to my peavey Valve King half stack

jon, what is the cheapest amp you could suggest that would be good for playing shows with?
  • Like 1

as of now i have my Gibson Les Paul Classic, Gibson Explorer, and Jackson Soloist going to my chromatic tuner > mxr phase 90 > Visual Sound H2O chorus and echo > digitech turbo flange > boss acoustic simulator >boss noise suppressor, to my peavey Valve King half stack

jon, what is the cheapest amp you could suggest that would be good for playing shows with?

go get a used Peavey Classic 30. $300 - $350 every day of the week.

• Like 1

go get a used Peavey Classic 30. $300 - $350 every day of the week.

yeah to be honest you dont need a half stack to play shows. i dont know much about diff amps. david would though since he's at guitar center. but i do love my valve king.

• Like 1

I have an Epiphone les paul that I sort of pimped out. I installed, gibson drity fingers for my bridge pickup, A semour duncan Invador Sh-10 for the Neck. Also I got them on 1000K pots, and got some Nickel plated 1969, grover tunners. Guitar looks and sounds awesome. I'll take a Picture tomorrow when I'm back home.

• Like 1

I have a Mesa Trip Rec head and a small Marshall cab. I think its called Marshall MG412. I have the Marshall head that goes with it but it overheated and stopped working. So I upgraded to the Mesa head. I'm buying the Rectifier cabinet probably next weekend. I'd also like to run it with an Orange 2x12. I don't have any pedals yet, but I'm probably going to go with the digitech chorus, delay, and flange. Maybe a tremolo pedal also.

My guitars are a Gibson SG teal flip paint, with the bridge humbucker switched out to a Dirty Fingers. A Tom D. surf green strat with a black pickguard, black jack plate, and black neck plate. And my new favorite, a red Tele Esquire GT. Only thing i dont like is the neck thru design. It has a painted neck and I prefer a satin finish on them.

I'm going to customize the Tom D. strat shortly. I'm gonna get it sent out and get it painted lake placid blue with satin black competition stripes.

If anyone wants pics of anything, let me know. I'll take some fresh ones.

• Like 1

I have a Mesa Trip Rec head and a small Marshall cab. I think its called Marshall MG412. I have the Marshall head that goes with it but it overheated and stopped working. So I upgraded to the Mesa head. I'm buying the Rectifier cabinet probably next weekend. I'd also like to run it with an Orange 2x12. I don't have any pedals yet, but I'm probably going to go with the digitech chorus, delay, and flange. Maybe a tremolo pedal also.

My guitars are a Gibson SG teal flip paint, with the bridge humbucker switched out to a Dirty Fingers. A Tom D. surf green strat with a black pickguard, black jack plate, and black neck plate. And my new favorite, a red Tele Esquire GT. Only thing i dont like is the neck thru design. It has a painted neck and I prefer a satin finish on them.

I'm going to customize the Tom D. strat shortly. I'm gonna get it sent out and get it painted lake placid blue with satin black competition stripes.

If anyone wants pics of anything, let me know. I'll take some fresh ones.

I wanna see the SG in teal!!!!!

• Like 1

Guitars: Fender 52' reissue tele, a blue Fender Strat, Gibson SG standard w/ dimebucker in bridge, 1950's gibson es-125, and an Es-335 knock off i had made with an extra thick top for more sustain  (w/ dirty fingers in the bridge).  Acoustics are Taylor 814ce, Martin 000-28ec, and Seagull m-5. 

Then i have an audio technica wireless, and run through a peterson tuner

Amp: Marshall TSL100 w/ 412 cab.

Then when i play with the full band, i have it all run into my inears usally micd with an SM57 an inch or two off the grille cloth and point away from the speaker dustcap.

• Like 1

I figure I might as well post the pics for it.

Teal SG - 000_0017.jpg

and the pickup - 000_0018.jpg

Tele Esquire GT. It came with a Seymour Duncan Invader - 000_0019.jpg

Tom D. Strat - 000_0016.jpg

I'm on the lookout for a Gibson Marauder as well. I want to customize one so bad. I have a thing for racing stripes so I might respray the Marauder black with orange racing stripes.

• Like 1

Guitars:

Ibanez GAX 70

Fender Thinline Telecaster

Mitchell Dreadnought Acoustic

im really looking to get a Gretsch

Pedals:

MXR Super Comp

Boss DD6 Delay

...Chanel Switch lol

Amp:

Fender FM 212 R

im looking into getting a new amp. but i have no clue what to get.

Other:

Rogue Mandolin

Hohner Melodica

Glokenspiel

Hohner Concertina

Shitty Harmonica

I have the 99.99$ Fender Squier Bullet. I just replaced the pick ups today with a Dimarzio X2N and I'm so happy! It sounds awsome. It's the pick up Tom used to use for Dude Ranch and I think Cheshire Cat. I like it better than the Seymore Duncan Invader off Enema personally. The guitar is yellow with a black pick guard. I have a really sucky Digitech RP50 and a really sucky Line 6 Spider III 75. All in all it doesn't sound too great but I like it enough for now, at least better than what I started with.

Thanks for the comments. It actually came that color. I got it back in 2003 new. I believe they also came in a wine red, ebony, and platinum. I paid something like $1100. I don't quite remember. I'm about to Tom D. it though. The neck pickup is giving me problems. So I'm probably going to order a custom pickguard with just the bridge pickup.

I'm also sending my Tom D. strat out to get painted later this week. Lake placid blue with satin black racing stripes. Can't wait lol.