What's your rig? - Master Thread

david to the fifth power

• 2 weeks later...

Guitars:

Ibanez 4ex1 (Retired)

HSS Mexican Fender Strat (Looking to either get an Invader or JB Pickup in the bridge)

Amps:

Fender Frontman 15w (With a broken Overdrive Channel)

Lne 6 Spider 3 15w (The WORST amp ever)

Pedals:

Boss OS-2 (Overdrive/Distortion)

Boss AC-3 (accoustic Simulator)

And I REALLY want a Peavey Classic 30, I'm in the process of saving up =)

• Like 1

Guest Mr.Chocolates

Here are my gits

Fender Mustang '69 Reissue

mymustang.jpg

Gibson Les Paul vintage Mahogany

mylespaul.jpg

and my Christmas Present to myself...

Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster

jazzyjake-1.jpg

and they run straight into my Marshall MG30 that I have no pictures of.

Stuff I have in my setup at home right now...

Guitars:

Highway 1 American Telecaster

Custom Telecaster Made of Fender Parts (American Neck, Mexican Body from 2000, vinage noiseless pickups)

Ovation Celebrity acoustic guitar

Pedals:

Dunlop Chrome Crybaby 535q

Boss DD-6 delay

Into a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10

I am saving up for some new pedals. I wanna get a EH MicroPog, a Fender Blender, a Tuning Pedal and right now I am in the shop for a new distortion pedal, I have my eye on a few different ones. I also have a first act acoustic guitar that I trashpicked and an Epiphone LP Special II from years ago. I will post pics soon.

heres my new rig

mesa with rack

HPIM0879.jpg

HPIM0881-Copy.jpg

ground control pro

HPIM0882.jpg

basically, its a mesa boogie dual rectifier roadster, tc electronic g major 2 (just released last week)

all controlled by a voodoo labs ground control pro.  the g major has relays that changes my amp channels, so no need for any other pedals.  just the one.  button one can be clean with chorus, button 9 can be distortion with no effects.  one button changes everything.  sweet.

i still have to get a 2 space rack drawer to fill in the two empty rack spaces.

everything going into an art ps4 power conditioner.  it sounds fantastic.

please ignore the cat and the messy room.  haha.

Guest Mr.Chocolates

wait, so you have all those cool guitars...and you run them through a mg 30....?

haha, yeah thats what they run through at home. you know it doesnt sound bad when the only thing to compare it to is itself.

i couldnt remember the model of my marshall at my friends house where we practice until now, they go straight into a Mashall 2x12 Valvestate over there. hoping to eventually upgrade that into a Fender Deville.

all togther about 3500 there or so.  now i need a band.  i waste money like crazy.

fuck man. i'm pretty content with my valve king for now. i know i'd love something like a mesa later on. or many an ENGL. a lot of my favorite metal guitarists use them

wait, so you have all those cool guitars...and you run them through a mg 30....?

haha, yeah thats what they run through at home. you know it doesnt sound bad when the only thing to compare it to is itself.

i couldnt remember the model of my marshall at my friends house where we practice until now, they go straight into a Mashall 2x12 Valvestate over there. hoping to eventually upgrade that into a Fender Deville.

Good choice.

all togther about 3500 there or so.  now i need a band.  i waste money like crazy.

fuck man. i'm pretty content with my valve king for now. i know i'd love something like a mesa later on. or many an ENGL. a lot of my favorite metal guitarists use them

it really sounds incredible though. :-D

• 1 month later...

my baby - 2007 Fender Stratocaster deluxe (matt black) with seymour duncan pick ups HSS.

my recording amp - Mesa F50 / orange RK30TC Rocker 30 (only studio usage)

my practice / giging amp - marshall MG50DFX (easiest to transport) have used a mesa dual rectifier with rectifier cabinet love once in marh 08 (the gig I used it at is my profile picture)

• 2 weeks later...

DSCN0744.jpg

Left to Right:

2002 Fender Toronado (Lace Hemi in bridge, GFS mini-humbucker in Neck)

1980's Fender Gemini II 12 string Acoustic (I've never seen another one of these in a 12 string...only 6....any ideas?)

Mutt Fender Telecaster (1999 MIM Standard Body, 1995 MIM Special Neck, GFS Mean 90 Neck, Texas Special Bridge, B5 Bigsby, modded 3 saddle bridge)

2007 Gibson SG Faded (Bill Lawrence 1970's Mini-Humbucker in Bridge, GFS Mini-Humbucker in neck, Bigsby B5 attached by a Vibromate)

2004 Gibson Melody Maker (Bigsby B5 attached by Vibramate)

Mutt 12-String Telecaster (1995 MIM Special Body, Warmoth Neck, GFS Lipstick pickups, Modded "Vintage" 6-saddle bridge, with Jazzmaster Saddles)

1979 Guild D40C Acoustic

Now here's some more general room / gear shots....

DSCN0746.jpg

On the rack on the right there you can see my Rogue lap steel, a pile of pickups, and some mics....

On the left are my keyboards.

DSCN0747.jpg

Left to right:

My pedalboard, the current configuration is:

Guitar -> Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz -> Boss Blues Driver -> Danelectro Cool Cat Drive -> Freakshow FX Digilog Delay -> Boss TU-2 -> Amp

my amp is made by a guy named Sam Saspaniak, he calls it the "Big Brown". It's a modified Tweed Deluxe, Head with the matching oversized 1x12 cab

The top keyboard is an 80's Yamaha SK-15 Analog Synthesizer "Symphonic Ensamble"

Under that is a Roland M-VS1 Vintage Synthesizer Module (Lots of great Mellotron / Moog sounds to be had)

There's an Alesis MultiMix 8 USB mixer that all the keyboards go through, and cheap computer speakers to hear them.

and then a Yamaha S08 Keyboard.