shine drums

liamrichy

i just submitted a sponsorship form and they got in touch with me by email about 2 days after.

the england distributor is actually based through a shop in newcastle called "drumshop" which is about 45 minutes away from where i live, so when we played a show up there at the uni i went into the shop and talked to them and got the snare sorted out!

From what I hear shine will stick their name on anyone they can. They give a "discount price" which is still not cheap, and the poor drummer gets a shoddy made kit. I've heard nothing but bad things on their quality control on the kits, and that potential endorsees are left unsatisfied. Pretty much a scam. I hope you're an exception though man, I really do.

Do yourself a favour. Cut the bullshit. You don't need a custom kit to be a great drummer or to be recognized. Get a Pearl or Tama that will last twice as long and most definately will sound better.

i've heard quite a few good reviews on shine, but i ordered the snare early december and it's on it's way over now, and when i went to newcastle i had a look at some of the kits and snares and they all looked awesome, and one of the snares that one of the guys there played sounded amazing! I'm not in too much of a rush to get it so a 3 month turn around time seems pretty up to scratch.

i have a yamaha stage custom nouveau now and it's lasted me a good 4 years and still sounds amazing, when i get the snare i'll leave a post on how it sounds and looks!

Again, that's because custom companies are nuts. They charge for a name.

Seriously, you could get yourself even a nice DW for a cheaper price and it'll be the same if not better quality.

Do post the review on it when you get it though!

the sponsorships with all of these custom drum companies in most cases are shit... they are just ways to make their customers feel special, throw you up on their site and get free promo when the customer throws their logo up on their shitty myspace. they give you 15% or something on a kit... even though the kits are overpriced to begin with. same deal with SJC and stuff... although a friend of mine has a good deal with SJC where he gets half on kits which is rad.

rant over.

I mean, its pretty smart of Shine. They boost their sales by offering 5% off to every drummer ever. Their reps tried pressuring me into buying a kit asap, they're not looking to help any artists out, just make money.

I agree, it's totally smart of them. But I don't think I'll ever REALLY need something from a custom company not offered one of the mass-produced companies. I just feel safer buying from a company that employs experienced workers that have been in the game for decades, compared to a few young guys building drums out of their garage/small warehouse.

Serious, Epiarch drums are made in a dudes garage. I mean, I've heard nothing but great reviews of these drums, but they don't charge for the name for the most part either!

agreed. I mean its not like its a straight up scam I guess... if having your name on a custom drum website and paying a shit load for drums tickles your toes then why not... but for the people I know who have solid endorsements I hear SJC are incredible with customer service and maintenance. so I guess it's just about where you are at in your career and what you really need. I just feel like having these custom drums with sparkle stripe finishes and whatever is becoming as much of a fad as those bros. who wear shirts that say Hollister on them. it's like "you must not be a professional drummer if the shine/SJC/Truth logo isn't stampled on your kick drum."

I agree, it's totally smart of them. But I don't think I'll ever REALLY need something from a custom company not offered one of the mass-produced companies. I just feel safer buying from a company that employs experienced workers that have been in the game for decades, compared to a few young guys building drums out of their garage/small warehouse.

Serious, Epiarch drums are made in a dudes garage. I mean, I've heard nothing but great reviews of these drums, but they don't charge for the name for the most part either!

Epiarch has had a few quality control issues from memory, but those issues have always been taken care of pretty well as far as I know. I used to frequent the Pearl Drummers forums and he (Jesse) posted on there a bit and copped a fucking flogging. Would probably buy one of his kits though tbh.

That's where I know epiarch from. Jesse seems like a total down to earth guy, has reasonable prices. Just the fact that it's a garage wigs me out haha.

If I absolutely wanted something no company offered, I would go to Jesse for it.

That's where I know epiarch from. Jesse seems like a total down to earth guy, has reasonable prices. Just the fact that it's a garage wigs me out haha.

If I absolutely wanted something no company offered, I would go to Jesse for it.

Yeah, Jesse seems like a really cool guy, I've talked to him a bit when I used to post there.

He just gets a bad rap because people there think he uses the Pearl forum to advance his company. That place is full of dicks anyway.

Yeah, Jesse seems like a really cool guy, I've talked to him a bit when I used to post there.

He just gets a bad rap because people there think he uses the Pearl forum to advance his company. That place is full of dicks anyway.

Yeah, I love how even people with a JJ Johnson/Ronnie Vannucci type set up still get razzed for having an "emo" set. Some of the older posters are just absolutely ignorant.

Yeah, I love how even people with a JJ Johnson/Ronnie Vannucci type set up still get razzed for having an "emo" set. Some of the older posters are just absolutely ignorant.

...and then there's the death metal fagboys who think any set without two bass drums and 20 toms is an emo set.