Tips To Writing Lyrics

Guest Brendan on Hiatus

Guest Brendan on Hiatus

Im going to write some tips which help me write and maybe they can help you guys out. first off one thing I want to say to people who are just starting to write. Dont try and write just like blink or take lines from them because theres no point in wasting anyones time reading it because its already been used and its unorignal.Now if your writing for a band or just yourself make sure your writing for a meaning. Dont just write a song for the hell of writing a song. Make it something you be proud of, if your not ganna take your time to make sure you like it then theres really no point.Now as you write make sure you go back and read your work and make sure it flows. For me I find it easier to sing it and make sure its flowing and it atleast sounds decent and go back and fix parts I dont like afterwards.If you are writing for a band its up to you, you could write the music portion first if you find it easier to write the guitar and then add lyrics or vise versa its all up to you.Choosing the topic is also very important. Try and write about other things then traditional love and girls songs. We all love them but then it gets hard to write after awhile and theres only so many things you can write about. I find it easy to write about life experiences. So you know when you finish writing it means something to you. Now if your writing them in a notebook or typing them you should write the full words out and not like abbreviate things because your to lazy to write them out because if your not going to take time to put work into your songs they are ganna suck.So for right now until I can think of more here are some tips to get you started.

yeah those are some good tips, i just try and put stuff from my life into my songs, like if something pissed me off that day i write about it, not really in a song, then i read over it and turn what i wrote into a song. Then again if you have seen the one song i posted here you might know by now you dont want to take advice from me on writing songs.

If your really stumped on what to write about, and are in need of a song for your band or something

Find a song by a band you like, listen to the song once, and try to write it out line for line.

Then go back and change any lines that sound like what the actual song is.

Guest Brendan on Hiatus

i find what helps me is like take a song find the meaning and then write a song on that meaning but go deeper than the orignal song

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to add, that its easier to write, if you are playing some sort of guitar riff over and over, so you can get an idea of what you want the rythm to be like. I personally am a drummer. but I can play a lil guitar which helps me a lot with song writing.

i disagree about the abrevations thats bullshit sometimes certain ppl just have ideas come to their head and they have to write it down quick otherwise later they won't remember the song and abrevations help me right my song down quick so i don't feel like an idoit and forgot something i came up w/ and really liked. i hate though when i do forgot. but if u wanna abrevate that doesn't make u a bad song writer