Tips To Writing Lyrics

Guest Brendan on Hiatus

thanks for the tips..im an alrite songwriter..gottaget a better flow in my songts...but some of these tips were good..as for subjecty that i've written about include:girls, life(just daily struggles adn emotions adn goopd stuff too), politics, wars, ill take into consideration the tip of writing music first im only a drummer and not good..im just starting out but maybe ill write a beat and as i get better ecpand oin it with the lyrics written to it..heres a tip too:carry a notepad with you, if u come up with a line or an idea njust jot it down

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I would like to add, that its easier to write, if you are playing some sort of guitar riff over and over, so you can get an idea of what you want the rythm to be like. I personally am a drummer. but I can play a lil guitar which helps me a lot with song writing.

haha that reminds me.im in a band and we just got past the covers point and now were writing our own songs.for some reason our drummer can write guitar riffs just as good as i can, and im the guitarist.but anyway, im in charge of writing the lyrics.i can get ideas out, but i can never put them in a good verse chorus verse format, which is a problem

i agree...like if someone dies that you really cared for...write a song about that, or if you got dumped by your gf for another guy (me :twisted:), write about that...etc.

I disagree, if something terribly is connected to a good song, you will never feel good about it.