The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I always liked mourinho. But after failing in real madrid(yeah his time in madrid is considered a failure for a team that big), chelsea and now not doing that great with united has made it look like he lost his "special one" thing. He was looking unbeatable for all these years and now he just looks like guardiola or whatever.

Barcelona dominated the league and he won it for Madrid ... couldn't get the champions league that Madrid desperately wanted at the time ...that's why they consider him a failure... Plus he didn't play the Madrid way to some

Yeah I agree Barcelona had a much better team back then. It was pretty huge to win the league I'm just saying his madrid career was considered a failure in the end and it was the first time he left a team and was unsuccessful.

If Jose doesn't win the final he's going to look a right mug. 

Look what Arsenal are doing, they're playing their best team every week and generating momentum going into the final, I'd give them much more of a chance of getting a result than I would of a few weeks ago.

All Jose does is moan, complain about injuries/fixtures and how tired everyone is. If you tell a player he is tired/unfit/useless constantly he will start to believe it. I think they will scrape it against Ajax though, story of the season in the Europa League for them. 

I don't really understand what people are moaning about - once we lost Zlatan/Rojo/Smalling/Jones and a few others - it was always going to be a case of League or Europa. I'd take a Trophy, CL qualification and 30m in winnings over 4th any day of the week, most people would. for me staying in both competitions gave greater risk to losing out in both. 

Arsenal aren't in Europe. Neither is Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs or City. So why would they not play their best team each week?

I think Jose has a point - the FA did fuck all to help us unlike other leagues where they try to help teams in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Win the europa league and Jose has had a better season than anyone else apart from Conte. All that talk of Pep and poch and they've won fck all

Yeah I agree too, people don't look back in ten years time and talk about who came 2nd and played decent football. Still think your season has tailed off massively though, the football since you beat Chelsea 2-0 has been dire. 

And yes I know we are shit before any sticks the boot in! haha. 

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah I agree too, people don't look back in ten years time and talk about who came 2nd and played decent football. Still think your season has tailed off massively though, the football since you beat Chelsea 2-0 has been dire. 

And yes I know we are shit before any sticks the boot in! haha. 

I pretty sure that's due to tiredness. Might be an excuse - but its the truth. 

United played 7 games more than City for example. That's not such a big deal. Sure, for a team from your league it's really exhausting to play internationally until the end because of all your Cup games  and no winter break but it's for sure not the only reason why United played an average season

I was always a huge fan of Mourinho but he underperform the last few  seasons, starting with his last one at Chelsea. 

I know that but it doesn't change the fact that if we win it then its two cups and champions league football while spurs, Liverpool, city and maybe arsenal have won nothing. League performances have been shit but it's his first season with a poor united team imo. Hardly any of those players deserve to play for United. He'll get it right but it'll take a few seasons

He inherited aload of shit at man united and still could end up with 2 trophies and champions league football! 

This summer will be big ..expect all the shit to be gone and at least 100 million spent! The league will be number 1 for him next season...it's been too long since man u have even competed for it