The Official Football Topic

Cuth

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Why? United could find 183m down the side of a sofa. Pocket money. We should do it. While we're at it we should buy Kane for 150m too because we fucking can

Problem is everyone knows this so a £40 becomes a £65m player, a £60m player becomes a £90m player and so forth...

I can't see ronaldo leaving. If he actually does then it's whatever I'd like him to stay for a few more years but if he is indeed unhappy and all that's been said about him he's better off someone else. Real doesn't need any player. Players need real. Now if united makes the most idiotic deal in the history of football and buys him for 150m then I'll be laughing my ass off.

On 2017-6-19 at 5:03 PM, petros said:

I can't see ronaldo leaving. If he actually does then it's whatever I'd like him to stay for a few more years but if he is indeed unhappy and all that's been said about him he's better off someone else. Real doesn't need any player. Players need real. Now if united makes the most idiotic deal in the history of football and buys him for 150m then I'll be laughing my ass off.

You have to say right now, Ronaldo is bigger than the club - Perez practically even said it. He holds all the cards and can demand what he wants. I don't know if even 150m is enough when you consider his marketing value. I don't know what he wants from Madrid - but he'll get it. 

11 hours ago, Roux said:

You have to say right now, Ronaldo is bigger than the club - Perez practically even said it. He holds all the cards and can demand what he wants. I don't know if even 150m is enough when you consider his marketing value. I don't know what he wants from Madrid - but he'll get it. 

Haha of course not man. This is real madrid. You know how many super stars have come and gone from this club. I know you are a man united fan. So man united practically is Sir Alex. Like Barca is Messi. The only clubs that can say they are bigger than anyone ever being associated with them are real and milan.

And yeah he's worth 150 or 200 mili the way money is being spent now it would have been hilarious if man united gave that money after we bought him just before he entered his prime he gave us all his good years and now united would get him in his last years by paying an additional 50-100 millions than those they got in the first time. There was no way this was happening anyway cause mourinho and ronaldo don't like each other. It's all stupid rumors as there isn't anything else to talk about since july when the transfers start.

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

United is bigger than Fergie ffs. 

Well their biggest part of glory days (almost all of it to be more specific) was under him. The same as barcelona that's why I brought them up. Like they won one ucl before messi but that was it. I see united falling in the same category.

And I know almost all you guys here love premier league and most of the discussions are about that (and that's fine it is the most competitive league after all) but no premier league team is that huge in europe I'm sorry. Only liverpool and they haven't win the league for 25 years or something and I don't think anyone participating here is rooting for them(I am rooting for liverpool in pl since they created my favorite football memory one night in instabul) The biggest teams show up in ucl not in their country's league. So united aren't even THAT big for a footballs perspective (not marketing, or number of fans etc etc) to be bigger than their coach which under him had almost all their success. In like 20 years if they manage to rebuild and win one champions league or two and some premier leagues then yes I admit they will be bigger than Sir Alex Ferguson but now? I don't think so.

12 hours ago, petros said:

Haha of course not man. This is real madrid. You know how many super stars have come and gone from this club. I know you are a man united fan. So man united practically is Sir Alex. Like Barca is Messi. The only clubs that can say they are bigger than anyone ever being associated with them are real and milan.

And yeah he's worth 150 or 200 mili the way money is being spent now it would have been hilarious if man united gave that money after we bought him just before he entered his prime he gave us all his good years and now united would get him in his last years by paying an additional 50-100 millions than those they got in the first time. There was no way this was happening anyway cause mourinho and ronaldo don't like each other. It's all stupid rumors as there isn't anything else to talk about since july when the transfers start.

Florentino has just said "Cristiano Ronaldo is more powerful than all of us". It has taken his interviewer by surprise.

Ronaldo isn't just a superstar he's becoming your greatest ever player. Same for Messi  - the club are going to bend over to do what he wants. We all know Messi has alot of power and influence at Barca and i can see the same happening for Ronaldo. 

Why would it be hilarious? We make money for fun - he genuinely would be worth the money in today's market and he has easily 4/5 years left.

Ronaldo said Jose was the best manager he's played for - i agree it won't happen, but Madrid are shitting themselves because they know United is a realistic option for him. 

Exactly. United could buy Ronaldo and make him the chef. Money is not an option. We're the biggest club on the planet. We don't have to pretend like Madrid do, photoshopping shit and having our own media outlets pushing agendas and propaganda. I always remember that game they played in the states and the crowd was 3/4 united fans and marca photoshopped the crowd all white. Absolutely fucking pathetic and hilarious. Madrid and Barca get special treatment in Spain too and England is much more fairer. If Manchester was in sunny Spain we'd probably be on about 10 European cups no bullshit

57 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Exactly. United could buy Ronaldo and make him the chef. Money is not an option. We're the biggest club on the planet. We don't have to pretend like Madrid do, photoshopping shit and having our own media outlets pushing agendas and propaganda. I always remember that game they played in the states and the crowd was 3/4 united fans and marca photoshopped the crowd all white. Absolutely fucking pathetic and hilarious. Madrid and Barca get special treatment in Spain too and England is much more fairer. If Manchester was in sunny Spain we'd probably be on about 10 European cups no bullshit

Man I wish I could discuss more with you guys but statements like that make you seem like it's not worth it. Manchester United isn't even a top 5 all time I'm sorry if you actually believe this. If all you have to support that united is the "biggest club on the planet" is a crowd on a friendly in united states then I feel sorry for you. Last 4 years real has won as many champions leagues united has won in it's existence. Real, Milan, barca, liverpool, bayern, ajax and inter all have more or as many ucl tittles as united. Facts.

Plus @Roux florentino said he is part of history and not just another player and that he's up there with di stefano. Didn't say he's above real madrid. I'm sorry if you view your teams like that but real will never view anyone as bigger than the club hence why almost all the super stars have been booed when they underperformed for a period of time. 

And you guys act like you know it all but you don't even remember how mourinho left real madrid. He wasn't in good terms with all the alphas in the locker rooms including ronaldo. I understand not caring about any other team or league than the one you support but at least don't act like you do cause someone who watches football and all the major leagues will come and call you out and make you look like idiots.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, petros said:

Man I wish I could discuss more with you guys but statements like that make you seem like it's not worth it. Manchester United isn't even a top 5 all time I'm sorry if you actually believe this. If all you have to support that united is the "biggest club on the planet" is a crowd on a friendly in united states then I feel sorry for you. Last 4 years real has won as many champions leagues united has won in it's existence. Real, Milan, barca, liverpool, bayern, ajax and inter all have more or as many ucl tittles as united. Facts.

Plus @Roux florentino said he is part of history and not just another player and that he's up there with di stefano. Didn't say he's above real madrid. I'm sorry if you view your teams like that but real will never view anyone as bigger than the club hence why almost all the super stars have been booed when they underperformed for a period of time. 

And you guys act like you know it all but you don't even remember how mourinho left real madrid. He wasn't in good terms with all the alphas in the locker rooms including ronaldo. I understand not caring about any other team or league than the one you support but at least don't act like you do cause someone who watches football and all the major leagues will come and call you out and make you look like idiots.

30 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Discussing Manchester United is useless here. Fanboys are not willing to have a real discussion

How ironic.

I mean you can even understand what Scott was saying - the fan thing in the States was an example of how big United are. We are without a doubt the biggest club on the planet right now - talking about everything, amount of fans, trophies, revenue, sponsorship, global branding, media interest everything. Name me one club that is bigger than United in all of those aspects - because it damn sure ain't Madrid. Your government  keeps your club running!!!

He is bigger than the club and Perez and all the Madrid guys will bend over backwards to make him feel happy and special - he's pulled this move a few times. You fans should be ashamed for booing him - and part of me hopes he walks out and you'll see them regretting it. 

You never brought up how Mourinho left Madrid? - you said 'Ronaldo and Jose don't like each other' - which is something you just made up, haha. Ronaldo has gone on record to say Jose was the best manager he has worked with -  http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldo-insists-jose-mourinho-6777053  - you just make shit up to suit your argument, but we act like we know it all apparently! 

3 ucl trophies :lol: 

ok bye now let's discuss about manchester being the biggest club in the world when they win 12(considering madrid hasn't won anything since then). Oh wait. No way we are alive if this ever happens. You guys should at least try and catch up with liverpool first ok? Ream Madrid is in another level for you.

;D Yes because winning the UCL the most times automatically makes you the biggest club, have the most fans and the most money, 

By your logic Nottingham Forrest are a bigger club that Tottenham and Arsenal COMBINED!!! Fucking genius over here.  

11 minutes ago, Roux said:

;D Yes because winning the UCL the most times automatically makes you the biggest club, have the most fans and the most money, 

By your logic Nottingham Forrest are a bigger club that Tottenham and Arsenal COMBINED!!! Fucking genius over here.  

They could have been if they managed to stay relevant. Real madrid has managed that.

Most fans? Look at the fb pages likes of each team. Most money? Real and United have been back and forth on the first spot for years. I think the last 2-3 years real has been first? Idk I may be wrong about this I watch football for football not to make whatever argument I can find to make my team look bigger. So in none of the factors you mentioned manchester is the undisputed winner and in (what matters the most) football real is the undisputed winner. So really. How much unbiased do you consider yourself when you say stuff like this. Real, barca, milan, bayern and even liverpool(but I understand there is a discussion that can be made here and the line as to who is bigger is blurrier than the other teams) are all bigger than manchester. Period. I don't know what you read and who you're talking with but if you look it unbiased there's no way manchester is the biggest club in the world.

16 minutes ago, petros said:

They could have been if they managed to stay relevant. Real madrid has managed that.

Most fans? Look at the fb pages likes of each team. Most money? Real and United have been back and forth on the first spot for years. I think the last 2-3 years real has been first? Idk I may be wrong about this I watch football for football not to make whatever argument I can find to make my team look bigger. So in none of the factors you mentioned manchester is the undisputed winner and in (what matters the most) football real is the undisputed winner. So really. How much unbiased do you consider yourself when you say stuff like this. Real, barca, milan, bayern and even liverpool(but I understand there is a discussion that can be made here and the line as to who is bigger is blurrier than the other teams) are all bigger than manchester. Period. I don't know what you read and who you're talking with but if you look it unbiased there's no way manchester is the biggest club in the world.

So now you've brought relevance into the equation!?

Fb? really? That's hardly accurate -even i don't follow United on Fb, not to mention its banned in United biggest market in China. 

You're the one who wants to talk about who is bigger - if you want to talk abotu who has the most European Trophies than Real win hands down - but the biggest club in the world generally encompasses many other factors - like revenue/fanbase/global appeal/Value etc- that can't be disputed. We don't look bigger - we ARE bigger, that's a simple fact - large companies like Forbes actually study this stuff. 

Like i said before your dumb logic implies Forrest are bigger than Spurs, which everyone knows isn't true. 

As of today, we are the biggest winner in Value/Fanbase/Global Appeal/Revenue - individually and collectively - do you really want me to find sources on this? Or do you have sources to disprove it? It one or the other. How can it be biased or unbiased when its simple fact. 

I thought this was The Official Football Topic but I guess it's not :lol: Football doesn't count to determinate which football team is bigger than the other. Logic.

Okay man just don't cry when you think united has one champions league but so many other "smaller" clubs have more. Manchester United ladies and gentlemen. The biggest club in the history of the world. With 2 more league tittles over the second team with most trophies and well... barely in the top ten in ucl. But hold on there Petros. This is the 2016-2017 europa league winners you're talking to right there. Show some respect :lol: Fucking jokes man. Keep believing whatever you want man but this is football. We're talking on football. If someone is without a doubt bigger in the game don't go there talking about money. It makes you look like a stupid manchester city fanboy that his team got big the last 5-10 years or so because of some arabs decided to invest on them and suddenly they think they are a huge club with history. I never doubted united is a huge club it's just not as big or relevant as you guys wanna think it is.

23 minutes ago, petros said:

I thought this was The Official Football Topic but I guess it's not :lol: Football doesn't count to determinate which football team is bigger than the other. Logic.

Okay man just don't cry when you think united has one champions league but so many other "smaller" clubs have more. Manchester United ladies and gentlemen. The biggest club in the history of the world. With 2 more league tittles over the second team with most trophies and well... barely in the top ten in ucl. But hold on there Petros. This is the 2016-2017 europa league winners you're talking to right there. Show some respect :lol: Fucking jokes man. Keep believing whatever you want man but this is football. We're talking on football. If someone is without a doubt bigger in the game don't go there talking about money. It makes you look like a stupid manchester city fanboy that his team got big the last 5-10 years or so because of some arabs decided to invest on them and suddenly they think they are a huge club with history. I never doubted united is a huge club it's just not as big or relevant as you guys wanna think it is.

Football is more then just playing the game. We talk about everything her - like most fans do in real life.

Wow - you said earlier holding a discussion is a waste of time because it can't be discussed? And you come out with this immature comment like a mommy joke! Its embarrassing that you can't respond to simple facts - or reliable sources. Clearly can't hold an adult discussion. 

You act like i've suddenly just made this 'Man Utd are the biggest football club in the world' thing today. Well, in fact its widely considered by most sources that we are and i have the sources to prove it. 

If you want to talk about football - then even Rangers puts you theory to shame!

Again, your logic means Liverpool are bigger than United, Ajax are bigger than Juve and Celtic are bigger than A.Madrid. :rolleyes: Oh dear... no football fan would agree with that logic. I think you're confused with who has won the most European Cups. 

fucking jokes man. 

I seriously, and I'm not trying to mock you, can't understand how you keep this going. United as an organization is maybe the 2-3 biggest club in the history of the sport as a football team they aren't even in top 5. At least this year you guys managed to play in the ucl, nice :lol: 

I'm sorry for valuing tittles more than anything. I'm sorry for thinking since there is such a huge difference in tittles there's no way a team can be bigger than the other. I'm sorry that even if you count money, fans and whatever you wanna count united in those factors isn't bigger than real madrid. Even if they are in let's say bigger in marketing or whatever you wanna bring up the difference is tiny. It doesn't overcome the tittles difference. Even if the difference was big it wouldn't for me but this isn't the case.

1 hour ago, petros said:

I seriously, and I'm not trying to mock you, can't understand how you keep this going. United as an organization is maybe the 2-3 biggest club in the history of the sport as a football team they aren't even in top 5. At least this year you guys managed to play in the ucl, nice :lol: 

I'm sorry for valuing tittles more than anything. I'm sorry for thinking since there is such a huge difference in tittles there's no way a team can be bigger than the other. I'm sorry that even if you count money, fans and whatever you wanna count united in those factors isn't bigger than real madrid. Even if they are in let's say bigger in marketing or whatever you wanna bring up the difference is tiny. It doesn't overcome the tittles difference. Even if the difference was big it wouldn't for me but this isn't the case.

United and the New York Yankees are the 2 of the biggest sporting teams in sporting history. This is common knowledge so i have no idea what you are talking about. People in Asian and America don't give a fuck about Real Madrid. 

If you want to value titles - then Rangers are bigger than everyone. See how that works?  You might consider the biggest club in the world to be the one who has the most titles (Rangers again!) - but most people factor lots of different things to be the biggest club in the world - nearly all of those aspects - Man Utd are undisputed number 1. You say all you like about how close or far it is - but Man Utd are still number 1. 

Rangers aren't considered the biggest club in the world (even though they have won the most titles) because of the following:

-They have a small fanbase

-Don't have a high market value

-Very little brand appeal.

-Don't play in an attractive league.

-Little sponsorship.

Is it all starting to make sense now? You HAVE to factor these things when you are talking about the biggest teams. You're talking about the most successful team - which is NOT the same thing. A year ago Liverpool were undoubtedly more successful than Man Utd, does that make them bigger? fuck no - and even Liverpool fans would admit that, because they are not the same thing. The closest measurement to 'biggest' is value or market value - because they generally factor all these things when putting together a list. 

I guess i can try to make peace with you by saying out perception of what makes a team the 'biggest' is different - and your fully entitled to have your perception .But i would say that mine is generally considered the normal thing in business, sport - anything really.