The Official Football Topic

Cuth

20 minutes ago, Roux said:

United and the New York Yankees are the 2 of the biggest sporting teams in sporting history. This is common knowledge so i have no idea what you are talking about. People in Asian and America don't give a fuck about Real Madrid. 

If you want to value titles - then Rangers are bigger than everyone. See how that works?  You might consider the biggest club in the world to be the one who has the most titles (Rangers again!) - but most people factor lots of different things to be the biggest club in the world - nearly all of those aspects - Man Utd are undisputed number 1. You say all you like about how close or far it is - but Man Utd are still number 1. 

Rangers aren't considered the biggest club in the world (even though they have won the most titles) because of the following:

-They have a small fanbase

-Don't have a high market value

-Very little brand appeal.

-Don't play in an attractive league.

-Little sponsorship.

Is it all starting to make sense now? You HAVE to factor these things when you are talking about the biggest teams. You're talking about the most successful team - which is NOT the same thing. A year ago Liverpool were undoubtedly more successful than Man Utd, does that make them bigger? fuck no - and even Liverpool fans would admit that, because they are not the same thing. The closest measurement to 'biggest' is value or market value - because they generally factor all these things when putting together a list. 

I guess i can try to make peace with you by saying out perception of what makes a team the 'biggest' is different - and your fully entitled to have your perception .But i would say that mine is generally considered the normal thing in business, sport - anything really.

No all these reasons you mentioned are irrelevant. It's just that Rangers titles aren't important.

Anyway yeah as you said on your last sentence I thought about that too and I think my reasons are generally considered the normal thing. Still I don't care about stupid scoltand leagues or even premier leagues and la ligas when I say 12 champions leagues automatically makes you the biggest. Like Brazil's national team is the biggest one with the most world cup wins. But maybe england's joke of a national team is better by your logic if you think of the money england has as a nation and all that :lol:

Anyway moving on. I hear more and more that verratti is going to barcelona and I hate this. I like this player so much I have been wishing he comes to real for years. 

16 minutes ago, petros said:

No all these reasons you mentioned are irrelevant. It's just that Rangers titles aren't important.

Anyway yeah as you said on your last sentence I thought about that too and I think my reasons are generally considered the normal thing. Still I don't care about stupid scoltand leagues or even premier leagues and la ligas when I say 12 champions leagues automatically makes you the biggest. Like Brazil's national team is the biggest one with the most world cup wins. But maybe england's joke of a national team is better by your logic if you think of the money england has as a nation and all that :lol:

Anyway moving on. I hear more and more that verratti is going to barcelona and I hate this. I like this player so much I have been wishing he comes to real for years. 

Its like arguing with an unborn child ;D

4 hours ago, Roux said:

Where in Spain you from?

You want me to talk to you about the greek team I support? I'm sure you'll know all about it anyway.

Plus yeah I'm more passionate about watching real madrid games and supporting them than my greek team as the level of corruption in greek football is in such high levels which makes it unwatchable for me. But yeah using this stupid old argument of "you were born and raised in the streets of madrid to support them so much" shows a lot about the level of conversation you are able to have:) 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Same way you value a football club - you take everything into consideration. Its not rocket science! 

That's what I think as well...and that's why I can't understand how you can come to the conclusion that United is the biggest club. 

35 minutes ago, Osgod said:

That's what I think as well...and that's why I can't understand how you can come to the conclusion that United is the biggest club. 

He and his manchester united pals agree so yeah there's that :lol: 

Go outside and ask 10 random people what's the biggest club in the world I'm sure everyone will say Real Madrid. But if you go to Manchester people there are ignorant enough to think that their team is number one as they have a lot of fans and that's what matters the most. Not the wins nor the tittles.

59 minutes ago, Osgod said:

So what do you think Real Madrid has that is number 1 over United in the world? You realize its not just how many European Cups you have. Are you actually just going to contribute some sources for once?

26 minutes ago, petros said:

He and his manchester united pals agree so yeah there's that :lol: 

Go outside and ask 10 random people what's the biggest club in the world I'm sure everyone will say Real Madrid. But if you go to Manchester people there are ignorant enough to think that their team is number one as they have a lot of fans and that's what matters the most. Not the wins nor the tittles.

Everyone will say Man Utd. 100% Nobody gives a shit about Madrid outside of Europe, but you think Europe is the World. Jesus. You guys were phtoshopping pictures out in USa to make it look like you had fans ;D

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/picture-marca-edit-picture-to-hide-red-dominance/

You ain't shit outside of Europe. 

Don't see how anyone can argue about man united not being one of the biggest teams on the planet right now! Top of the rich list and can buy whoever the fuck they want.

Real Madrid are the better football team at the moment yes but it was only a few years ago Barcelona dominated la liga and Madrid could barely win a Spanish cup!

Same situation man united are in at the moment..the only problem is la liga is a 2 horse race!

The premier is so competitive that you can't have  a poor season! 

With mourinho I give it 2 more seasons till man united are challenging for a champions league again..

On ronaldo there's no chance he's leaving but only man united can afford him ..

It's not about right now. It's about history. The history of man united is 3 champions leagues the history of real is 12. There is no comparisons here I'm sorry. I sound like a broken record repeating myself over and over again but that's what Roux does too. Anyway let's move on and agree to disagree. You guys act like madrid can't buy whoever the fuck they want like they aren't the team that has spend ridiculous amount of money on players and aren't one of the most famous team in the planet if not the most. On top of that they are the greatest football team of all time (not just right now) with the most important titles. So yeah there's that. And there's united fans with no wins or anything like that trying to prove a point by using something stupid a newspaper did. Because yeah the newspaper represents the club and is the club :lol: 

These are some great lists. Just google "most successful football teams in the world" and see yourself roux. They all agree with me. United not even in top 5. But I forgot. It's not about being successful. It's about having more fans in a friendly game in us :lol: 

http://www.teninsider.com/top-10-successful-football-soccer-clubs-world/

http://www.totalsportek.com/list/clubs-trophies-world/

33 minutes ago, petros said:

These are some great lists. Just google "most successful football teams in the world" and see yourself roux. They all agree with me. United not even in top 5. But I forgot. It's not about being successful. It's about having more fans in a friendly game in us :lol: 

http://www.teninsider.com/top-10-successful-football-soccer-clubs-world/

http://www.totalsportek.com/list/clubs-trophies-world/

Jesus man - you just posted lists of the most SUCCESSFUL teams in the world...  do you even realise what you were arguing about? I think you're confusing yourself.

I've already said we aren't the most successful - that's obvious - but we are the biggest. We are undoubted 1. in the world for fans, money, sponsorship, more global appeal, more of everything really. 

I'll put this in simple terms for you - thats easy to understand:

Last year, Liverpool had won more trophies than Man Utd - That makes Liverpool more successful than Man Utd. However, Man Utd were still widely considered the bigger team because of all the other things i mentioned - money, fans, global appeal, value etc. What companies like Forbes and KPMG do is that take ALL these things into consideration and make a list based on VALUE - a list where both sources have Man Utd number 1. 

https://home.kpmg.com/xx/en/home/media/press-releases/2017/05/manchester-united-leads-kpmgs-football-club-ranking.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbespr/2017/06/06/forbes-releases-14th-annual-list-of-the-worlds-most-valuable-soccer-teams/#def62b412ffd

The proprietary algorithm KPMG’s member firm professionals have developed is based on the Revenue Multiple approach and takes into consideration five football-specific metrics: profitability, popularity, sporting potential, broadcasting rights and stadium ownership.

Spoken like a true glory supporter ;D

36 minutes ago, petros said:

It's not about right now. It's about history. The history of man united is 3 champions leagues the history of real is 12. There is no comparisons here I'm sorry. I sound like a broken record repeating myself over and over again but that's what Roux does too. Anyway let's move on and agree to disagree. You guys act like madrid can't buy whoever the fuck they want like they aren't the team that has spend ridiculous amount of money on players and aren't one of the most famous team in the planet if not the most. On top of that they are the greatest football team of all time (not just right now) with the most important titles. So yeah there's that. And there's united fans with no wins or anything like that trying to prove a point by using something stupid a newspaper did. Because yeah the newspaper represents the club and is the club :lol: 

I have no doubt in my mind you will reply with more links about how many trophies Real Madrid have won haha.

5 minutes ago, Roux said:

Last year, Liverpool had won more trophies than Man Utd - That makes Liverpool more successful than Man Utd. However, Man Utd were still widely considered the bigger team because of all the other things i mentioned - money, fans, global appeal, value etc. What companies like Forbes and KPMG do is that take ALL these things into consideration and make a list based on VALUE - a list where both sources have Man Utd number 1.

Well that analogy is kinda true when comparing to liverpool which has nowhere near the money or fans of united. If you compare with madrid then how can the 7th most succesful team compare to the first most successful team when even if you are first on money or fans or whatever real madrid is right there in the first or second spot with you all the time?

I mean let's take popularity. You don't wanna use facebook likes as an indicator then what can we use? Let's say united has more fans but real is second since that's what YOU believe. But you mentioned china and asia maybe you are right I can't argue with something I don't know. So united first madrid second okay?

Let's take money worth. Real and United have been on the 1st or 2nd spot for years there is no clear winner here. Do you agree with that too?

Now when it comes to success as a football club (which is the most important category right?) Real is 1st manchester is like 7th. This is a HUGE difference.

So do you understand my points now? I'm not saying you should stop believing whatever you wanna believe but the difference is that real is clearly most successful but manchester has barely more fans and sometimes they are over real in the most rich club. If you take into consideration everything real wins.

29 minutes ago, petros said:

Well that analogy is kinda true when comparing to liverpool which has nowhere near the money or fans of united. If you compare with madrid then how can the 7th most succesful team compare to the first most successful team when even if you are first on money or fans or whatever real madrid is right there in the first or second spot with you all the time?

I mean let's take popularity. You don't wanna use facebook likes as an indicator then what can we use? Let's say united has more fans but real is second since that's what YOU believe. But you mentioned china and asia maybe you are right I can't argue with something I don't know. So united first madrid second okay?

Let's take money worth. Real and United have been on the 1st or 2nd spot for years there is no clear winner here. Do you agree with that too?

Now when it comes to success as a football club (which is the most important category right?) Real is 1st manchester is like 7th. This is a HUGE difference.

So do you understand my points now? I'm not saying you should stop believing whatever you wanna believe but the difference is that real is clearly most successful but manchester has barely more fans and sometimes they are over real in the most rich club. If you take into consideration everything real wins.

The links i've posted have done all the hard work for you... yet you really can't take Madrid being behind Man Utd. Their job is to take EVERYTHING and create a VALUE based on all the things i and you have mentioned - even previous years rankings etc. Sure success is important - but If this was solely/mainly based on success then Rangers would be Number 1, but they are not because of ALL the other metrics. United have WORLDWIDE global appeal that goes beyond sports - Madrid are nowhere near that. Go to Asia and America - everyone knows Man Utd. 

If you want to use social media likes - then you are not even the most popular in your country! 

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-20-most-popular-rich-list-football-teams-on-social-media-2017-1/#2-real-madrid-1595-million-followers-19

But thats not really a true indication because some huge countries (china) don't have access to those sites and it really depends timing. Man Utd were really late to join Social media - and even teams like Arsenal had more likes etc then United until recently. Its not really a true reflection.

Despite being third in terms of social media popularity, Manchester United has overtime as the most popular team globally going by their fan base. From United States, Africa, Asia, South America and even Europe, the Red Devils remain the undisputed kings of the World. United sell the most shirts not only in the premier league but in the world with average yearly sales of around 1.2-1.5 million (around 30% nearest rivals Madrid & Barcelona).

http://sokkaa.com/2017/03/27/top-7-football-clubs-with-biggest-fanbase-worldwide-today/3/

Again - nobody here is disputing that Real are the best team in the world right now and have won the most top level trophies. 

You didn't answer to the points of my previous points. I said maybe you're right and united is first and real second in popularity and you're still talking about that. Anyway you don't wanna see what everyone in the world sees that's totally fine. Being the most popular over the second most popular and clearly most successful team doesn't make you bigger than that team. As I said that analogy is only true when comparing to liverpool when you're X10 times more famous.

Anyway moving on I guess.

42 minutes ago, petros said:

You didn't answer to the points of my previous points. I said maybe you're right and united is first and real second in popularity and you're still talking about that. Anyway you don't wanna see what everyone in the world sees that's totally fine. Being the most popular over the second most popular and clearly most successful team doesn't make you bigger than that team. As I said that analogy is only true when comparing to liverpool when you're X10 times more famous.

Anyway moving on I guess.

I did - pretty clearly too! ... Real aren't even the most popular team in Spain (and i gave a source). So in alot of areas Real are 3rd, Barca are even more successful than Real in trophies.

United have ruled that value list for decades now - sure they have gone up and down. I said 'popularity' is only one aspect - the only thing you have over United is more European Cups, and that's simply not enough to be considered the biggest team in the world - even Liverpool and Milan have more - does that make them bigger? fuck no. Our history is very comparable, everything else only one team is clearly ahead. 

The analogy is no different, regardless of the fame of a team when trying to explain success to you. 

You keep saying 'what everyone else sees' like the world is agreeing with you - without any really evidence/sources. At least i give sources to back my statements up.  You might be big in Europe, but Europe is not the world my friend. That example Scott gave of the USA match is a perfect example of this - Madrid don't exist outside Europe. 

I really don't care if you think its me being biased, that's a lazy excuse - i've stated facts complied by big companies who do this for a living. This stuff is pretty commonly known - even to non-football fans. 

Haha okay man we just disagree. Our history is NOT by any means comparable imo. No need to keep this going I guess. And you must know I don't care about real being the biggest club in the world. I didn't start supporting real for that. When I was young and selected my favorite teams real couldn't make it through the round of 16 each year and barcelona with ronaldinho and then with messi were dominating us and starting their dominant yeats. It's not that I care about it so much I just never found anyone that actually believed manchester as a club was bigger than real and I've obviously talked with some united fans. I found it odd how you guys said it and were so sure about it that's why I kept this going I was curious to see why you believe such bollocks. Now that I see your points I think you guys are wrong, and kinda miss the good old days with fergie that at least need some kind of validation you are a great team as finishing 6th in the table hurts, but obviously you do the same with me :lol: 

It's gonna be fun in here when real and manchester play for the super cap. Real never really pay attention to this kind of stuff and I know mourinhio will want to beat us. It's going to be a nice match.