The Official Football Topic

Cuth

52 minutes ago, Roux said:

He'll do - not thrilled about him, but not disappointed either. Won 2 PL titles and does a good job in DM. I wish he was quicker and better in the air for a bigman, but a decent signing. 

Important thing is not Pogba can play further up and do some serious damage. 

I want 2 attacking players still.  Belotti or Perisic would make me alot more confident about the season. 

Do you still think we need another striker - you confident of winning without Lukaku? 

Same opinion as you mate. He will do. I'm just glad it's not Dier. I think he's wank tbh. Would of liked the lad from Anderlecht mind. Hopefully matic unleashes pogba

I dunno about another striker because talks of zlatan coming back in Jan. So think Rashford/Martial be ok if Lukaku gets injured. 

Imo we need two wingers. Natural wingers. Perisic being one and I'd love Dembele. We need a left back. I don't rate shaw and seeing darmian or blind out there sickens me. 

what formation can you see us using? I think 433 in the big games and 4231 against dross like Huddersfield etc I'd like to see us use 352 more though. We looked much better yesterday playing that.  

49 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Same opinion as you mate. He will do. I'm just glad it's not Dier. I think he's wank tbh. Would of liked the lad from Anderlecht mind. Hopefully matic unleashes pogba

I dunno about another striker because talks of zlatan coming back in Jan. So think Rashford/Martial be ok if Lukaku gets injured. 

Imo we need two wingers. Natural wingers. Perisic being one and I'd love Dembele. We need a left back. I don't rate shaw and seeing darmian or blind out there sickens me. 

what formation can you see us using? I think 433 in the big games and 4231 against dross like Huddersfield etc I'd like to see us use 352 more though. We looked much better yesterday playing that.  

Yeah i think Dier is not better than Matic really. I like the fact Matic really wanted to join us, so Chelsea had no choice really. I think secretly they'll be hurt buy him leaving - he did the dirty work behind all the good stuff. 

Yeah i agree, left back is a problem. Shaw is perfect just a useless idiot, what a shame. 

Yep - 4-3-3 and a 3-5-2. Whatever is best for Pogba because i genuinely think he is the best all round midfielder in the world. With Matic he can play at his full potential. 

• 2 weeks later...

No too bad - i'll settle for that. The difference is clear to see, but they are the best team in the world right now.

I really wished we started with Rashford and Martial. 

The game reminded me of the late 90's when we were really naive with the referees' - Madrid were really good at slowing the game and buying fouls. 

9 hours ago, petros said:

Only watched the highlights but lol was united even in the game? 

The back to back European champions and best team on the planet right now beat the 6th best team in England. What a shocker....

youre highlights were clearly biased because while Madrid are a level above united had chances to score. 

Madrids first goal is offside. Lukaku missed an open goal, Rashford missed a one on one. Miki was through on goal in the first half and tripped himself up, pogba missed a free header etc

Although its technically offside - it was so close that its pretty insignificant really. 

Aside from that, we need proper referees who let games run- the dickhead ref last night was giving them everything for the slightest touch. I thought Uefa were clamping down on this shit?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Roux said:

Although its technically offside - it was so close that its pretty insignificant really. 

Aside from that, we need proper referees who let games run- the dickhead ref last night was giving them everything for the slightest touch. I thought Uefa were clamping down on this shit?

Yeah thought that. Madrid players are proper soft cunts. 

Imagine having THAT good teams that can still be competitors in the league and the ucl. Oh wait that was happening some years ago. The fact that no england team is good enough to compete for the ucl now doesn't mean it's because they or the fans don't care about it. 

Anyway I think Chelsea is looking pretty good this year I believe they can be competitors for ucl.

18 hours ago, petros said:

Imagine having THAT good teams that can still be competitors in the league and the ucl. Oh wait that was happening some years ago. The fact that no england team is good enough to compete for the ucl now doesn't mean it's because they or the fans don't care about it. 

Anyway I think Chelsea is looking pretty good this year I believe they can be competitors for ucl.

It's more the fact that the top Spanish/German/Italian/French teams have 4-5 tough league games a year which means that they can save themselves for CL games. English teams don't get such privileges because the league is so strong.