The Official Football Topic

Cuth

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

His performances so far are on par with your qualifying campaign for the World Cup!

Lol.

I just wanted to know how he is seen among West Ham fans after some poor games he had.

We played an ok qualifier when you actually watch the games, the results are horrendous and that's what counts. 

Just now, Osgod said:

Lol.

I just wanted to know how he is seen among West Ham fans after some poor games he had.

We played an ok qualifier when you actually watch the games, the results are horrendous and that's what counts. 

Haha, yeah I was just playing.

To be honest, it's hard to say yet. Was basically invisible against Man United (like most of the team) and was sent off within half hour against Southampton. 

• 2 weeks later...

Awful performance yesterday but anothe 4-0 win which is no coincidence imo. I'm starting to think maybe taking a lead and then playing like absolute cunts till the 80th min is a tactic. Bring on the subs and then blitz teams when they're tired. Pogba was missed. 90 prem goals for Lukaku. Could he overtake Shearer? 

City look incredible going forward. Midfield is shite and defence is dodgy when tested. 

good disciplined performance from arsenal. Ramsey was immense. Still think Xhaka is wank. Iwobi and Welbeck working hard for the team. 

Great point for Swansea away to Spurs. Sanches is really strong. Few times he was bouncing players off him. Very talented player. 

Dybala fucking shit up in Italy

Neymar arguing with Cavani twice over a pen and free kick. Fucking awful little cunt. Hopefully Someone snaps his legs soon. 

brilliant goal from Bale last night, I thought he lost a yard of pace but fuck me he was rapid for that goal. Pace is still there, looks to be getting fit finally. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

We're so shite but so glad for the win.

Both Manchester sides looking great but how much City have improved and how much worse Bayern look without Pep suggests to me that he isn't as much of a fraud as some people make out...

Not when he has 400m to spend see pal. What exactly did he do in Germany? He won a one horse race every season ffs with unlimited funds again. Any challengers in that league and Bayern just buy their best players. 

14 hours ago, Scott. said:

Not when he has 400m to spend see pal. What exactly did he do in Germany? He won a one horse race every season ffs with unlimited funds again. Any challengers in that league and Bayern just buy their best players. 

All the big clubs spend in the Prem now though don't they? Yourselves included. They're looking unreal this season.

Look how much worse Bayern have looked without him, bloke knows what he's doing.

Bayern also didn't have unlimited funds, they're pretty modest spenders. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 2:26 PM, Scott. said:

Fucking hell that was shit. Good point but an awful performance. Our lads are so fucking shit on the ball. Technically we are fucking wank. 

Times like this you must wish you got Pep, got City playing some unbelievable stuff.

They'd have gone to Anfield and tore the Scousers a new one. 

22 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Times like this you must wish you got Pep, got City playing some unbelievable stuff.

They'd have gone to Anfield and tore the Scousers a new one. 

You sure? Seem to remember Liverpool getting in behind them with ease and being the much better team before mane red card. Napoli gave them problems second half last night. Don’t get me wrong they’re playing amazing football but he’s had 400m to spend tbf pal. They’re all cheque book managers. 

Sir Alex is the best of all time. He spent some money but he won leagues with some bang average players too. Incredible manager. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

The same Pep that got dicked by Liverpool home and away last season? :) 

Very good draw imo - not many teams will go to Anfield and completely shut them down. 

LAST season, he dicked them 5-0 this season.

Just saying he would have smelt fear and attacked their weaknesses rather than back off and invite them on. 

Jose is doing a decent job don't get me wrong just a shame he feels like he can't go toe to toe with the big boys. They have an abysmal defence and a poor keeper and you didn't even test them. You've spent a hell of a lot of money and you're happy with that? 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

LAST season, he dicked them 5-0 this season.

Just saying he would have smelt fear and attacked their weaknesses rather than back off and invite them on. 

Jose is doing a decent job don't get me wrong just a shame he feels like he can't go toe to toe with the big boys. They have an abysmal defence and a poor keeper and you didn't even test them. You've spent a hell of a lot of money and you're happy with that? 

Yes, against 10 men - they were doing okay 11 vs 11.  If you remember that game - they were pretty cautious in their approach with 3 centre-back and 2 wing backs. Alot different to the 4-3-3 they use now.  City were also playing at home.

Very happy with that - look at the recent results under Fergie and they are shocking -  Liverpool had arguably a worse team back then too. 

I think we would had done alot better if Rashford, Fellaini, Bailly and most importantly Pogba were available. We are nowhere near the same team without Pogba and Jose knows this so he took the cautious approach.  Obviously we played very poor, but were still relatively comfortable. 

I think both managers are neck and neck - Jose has the better defence/GK and Pep has the better attackers. Both are playing some nice stuff and scoring for fun. So why on earth would we wish for Pep at United?