The Official Football Topic

Cuth

27 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

If you say so, think you're trolling anyway. Refuse to believe people actually believe this shite. 

We'll he's got a history with banned substances, preference to one particular doctor, players who miss drugs tests on more than one occasion and players that miraculously recover quickly from muscle injuries. Far-fetched - yes but not completely out of the realm of being possible. 

Not saying illegal substances are involved, but there could be something fishy going on - players in the past have come out and said they have been offered strange treatments like blood spinning etc. No idea if those are illegal or not. 

8 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I guess the doping didn't work on Gabriel Jesus and Vincent Kompany must be immune it also. 

Zlatan had a mega quick recovery earlier this year didn't he? was he being doped by the Man United doctors or were the City ones coming in on the sly?

Zlatan is still fucked 

47 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Zlatan is still fucked 

Came back and played a few games though didn't he? Either way, I don't buy this dodgy doctor thing. 

Spurs really should of won tonight, bar the 1st 10 mins they controlled Juve in their own back yard. Fancy them to get through now though. Pretty fucking annoying how far they've come in recent years tbh. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

The way Spurs controlled the game was impressive.  Dembele has been awesome for them recently. 

I agree (through gritted teeth) - Dembele is one of my favourite players in the league, just glides past players like they aren't even there and has a mean pass - if he could add a few more goals to his game he would be pretty much the complete midfielder. 

This is also why I can't get on board with the Premier League being terrible and it being the worst quality wise ever like Scott was saying.

Spurs who are 5th in our league, went and controlled the game against a Juventus side away from home who had conceded 1 goal in their last 16 games. 

Yeah there are some teams that aren't great but what they lack in quality they make up for in organisation and hard work. I'd also say our lesser teams are stronger than the lesser teams in the other top leagues in Europe too. 

4 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I agree (through gritted teeth) - Dembele is one of my favourite players in the league, just glides past players like they aren't even there and has a mean pass - if he could add a few more goals to his game he would be pretty much the complete midfielder. 

This is also why I can't get on board with the Premier League being terrible and it being the worst quality wise ever like Scott was saying.

Spurs who are 5th in our league, went and controlled the game against a Juventus side away from home who had conceded 1 goal in their last 16 games. 

Yeah there are some teams that aren't great but what they lack in quality they make up for in organisation and hard work. I'd also say our lesser teams are stronger than the lesser teams in the other top leagues in Europe too. 

For me the league is just head and shoulders above any league in the world - most games are great to watch. Its a great mix between technical ability and power - the only thing i don't like compared to the older days is the bridge between the players and the fans - It pisses me off players get booked for celebrating with their fans etc. 

I watched Dembele against Arsenal and that was even more impressive that last night - he's so strong and keeps it simple. This guy cost 15mil. 

I still remember that Real Madrid lad on here who said English team would struggle this season in Europe - all of them have a very realistic chance of going through - Chelsea might struggle and United have been very poor recently but, most of them should go through. 

United will find a way to fuck this up - nothing is ever easy with us and Sevilla are a classic cup team. I'd be disappointment if we didn't score a couple away goals.

I know Porto aren't anywhere near as good as a few years ago - but that was very impressive. Nobody wants to play an English team in Europe. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

The way you two cry about City is the exact same way that City fans used to cry about Man United.

Pendulum has swung clearly.

Last night was great, love a cupset. Good to see a League 1 team make the quarters. 

I don't think you know what sarcasm is. I was laughing my ass off last night. 

You'd be the first to post on here if Jose did what Pep did last night - saying what a disgrace he was. You'll never admit it - so carry on bumming Pep like you usually do.

Pendulum has swung clearly. Really? ;D

55 minutes ago, Roux said:

I don't think you know what sarcasm is. I was laughing my ass off last night. 

You'd be the first to post on here if Jose did what Pep did last night - saying what a disgrace he was. You'll never admit it - so carry on bumming Pep like you usually do.

Pendulum has swung clearly. Really? ;D

I personally thought Pep was an embarrassment last night, bloke is a sore loser with a temper he can't control - he was a twat with the Redmond thing earlier in the season too and has unrealistic expectations of what English football is about with how people should tackle his players. 

You seem to confuse bumming Pep with me calling out the whole world loves Man City/they get away with murder and the whole world hates Man United thing, which frankly is a ridiculous argument.

Just as it was you were winning everything and City fans were saying the exact same thing about the whole world loves Man United. I get it, football fans are fickle but come on....

you can say it's sarcastic/a joke but see it in here pretty much every week with paranoid conspiracy theories about the two clubs. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I personally thought Pep was an embarrassment last night, bloke is a sore loser with a temper he can't control - he was a twat with the Redmond thing earlier in the season too and has unrealistic expectations of what English football is about with how people should tackle his players. 

You seem to confuse bumming Pep with me calling out the whole world loves Man City/they get away with murder and the whole world hates Man United thing, which frankly is a ridiculous argument.

Just as it was you were winning everything and City fans were saying the exact same thing about the whole world loves Man United. I get it, football fans are fickle but come on....

you can say it's sarcastic/a joke but see it in here pretty much every week with paranoid conspiracy theories about the two clubs. 

Nobody is saying the whole world hates Man Utd, but you have to admit - United sell papers and City don't, its that simple. The whole Sanchez situation was diabolical from the media and fans who put their money into the game like me and Scott do (and any other fan). We have to right to question it. You can call it 'crying' or 'embarrassing', but if West Ham faced injustice or scrutiny you would defend it -  like you have done on here in the past. 

Well there's a gigantic point you seem to miss - City haven't won everything - not event close, nor have they been more successful than United in recent years. This is a period where United have been at their worst and City at their best. If this is what you consider the pendulum swinging in favour of City - i can't help but laugh! If they can dominate the English league for the next 5 years i will agree with you - but only 12 months ago, United had a much better season.  

Even on here, me and Scott have been quite complimentary towards City this season - they deserve it. But that doesn't mean if we call them out on stuff its us 'crying'. I personally think if Jose did what Pep did last night it would have been front page news - that's not a conspiracy, i genuinely think the reaction would have been 10x worse.