The Official Football Topic

Cuth

9 minutes ago, Scott. said:

We’ve been nowhere near for years roux with these same players if you think we don’t need a clear out then that’s crazy. 

This season has been a marked improvement since Fergie left. The league positions speaks for itself, trophies and UCL qualification is where we should be. If you don't see progress and you wanted Jose sacked a few weeks ago - i really can't help you. 

Everyone said City needed a clearout and the squad was old - but the bulk of their side is the same side as last season - only really the GK and Kyle Walker has featured prominently out of the new signings - they still have an ageing squad and some players not close to world class bracket and yet they have completely flipped their form from 12 months ago when people said Pep couldn't hack it here. If anything a mass clearout makes things worse - team chemistry and formations all over the place. All this shit and we still above Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. 

46 minutes ago, Roux said:

I think he would for most of those teams. Barca have been after him for years and ALL those teams would snatch him off us in a heartbeat. 

Could say the same for Fernandiho, Dier, Casemiro, Khedira etc - not every player has to have this world class association. They do their job and do it well - Herrera does this perfectly for us. 

Wasn't long ago i remember people were say he was class on here and their opinion had changed. 

Just because City have been great this year doesn't mean you should throw you toys out the pram and demand a clear out. That's ridiculous - we are second - get a grip of yourself. 

I'd take all four of those players you have listed ability wise over Herrera, Dier isn't as good of a footballer as him but makes up for it in his versatility. I also don't think all those clubs would snatch him off you in a heartbeat - be much better options available at a similar price.

You need two new full backs, at least another centre back (maybe two) another centre mid and maybe another striker for me, before you can even think about winning the league. Also need a change in mentality - two defensive midfielders...against a team in the relegation zone says it all about the way you set up.

25 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'd take all four of those players you have listed ability wise over Herrera, Dier isn't as good of a footballer as him but makes up for it in his versatility. I also don't think all those clubs would snatch him off you in a heartbeat - be much better options available at a similar price.

You need two new full backs, at least another centre back (maybe two) another centre mid and maybe another striker for me, before you can even think about winning the league. Also need a change in mentality - two defensive midfielders...against a team in the relegation zone says it all about the way you set up.

Well its a matter of opinion - i think all of them are similar to Herrera in that they are never gonna be world class, but they are vital to their team. Last season's Herrera beats all of them barring Casemiro imo. If Herrera was up for sale there would be a queue of elite teams after him - especially in Spain. Look at what Paulinho is doing at Barca - this guy was a Spurs reject and playing in China - he does the hardwork.

I think we need two midfielders to replace Carrick and Fellaini. a RW and maybe a RB. We already have 5 CB's (two of them are 23, rest are under 30) and they will do. 

44 minutes ago, Roux said:

Well its a matter of opinion - i think all of them are similar to Herrera in that they are never gonna be world class, but they are vital to their team. Last season's Herrera beats all of them barring Casemiro imo. If Herrera was up for sale there would be a queue of elite teams after him - especially in Spain. Look at what Paulinho is doing at Barca - this guy was a Spurs reject and playing in China - he does the hardwork.

I think we need two midfielders to replace Carrick and Fellaini. a RW and maybe a RB. We already have 5 CB's (two of them are 23, rest are under 30) and they will do. 

Jones - hasn't pushed on, injury and error prone - would sell
Smalling - has gone backwards in past 18 months or so - would sell
Bailly - looks good, would make him first choice with a new CB - keep
Lindelof - new, so maybe deserves another season but haven't impressed at all - probably keep
Rojo - squad player who can come in and do a job - keep

I'd say you need another CB (maybe 2)

You 100% need a left back, or are we counting Luke Shaw as two left backs now (probably can considering how fat he is!

Think quite a bit needs to be done for you to compete regularly for top honours, just my opinion though.

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Jones - hasn't pushed on, injury and error prone - would sell
Smalling - has gone backwards in past 18 months or so - would sell
Bailly - looks good, would make him first choice with a new CB - keep
Lindelof - new, so maybe deserves another season but haven't impressed at all - probably keep
Rojo - squad player who can come in and do a job - keep

I'd say you need another CB (maybe 2)

You 100% need a left back, or are we counting Luke Shaw as two left backs now (probably can considering how fat he is!

Think quite a bit needs to be done for you to compete tbh, just my opinion though.

Jones and Smalling can still do a job - i think its common knowledge both are awful together. 

My preferred pairing is Rojo and Bailiy with the others as backup - i think that will do.

I can't see us buying 2 CB's, 2 new full backs, a striker and 2 CM's - very unrealistic. 

I think 5 will go - Darmian, Blind, Fellaini, Carrick and Zlatan. None of them play anyway so not a massive change. Jose has said he wants 2 CM's. 

6 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Manage to make an appearance the day after Real Madrid knock PSG out though...

lol no I just happen to be out for 20 days now that's all. 

Man why hating so much? The team I support wasn't winning almost anything while I was a fan of it for like 15 years. And now we've won 3 out of the last 4 champions leagues. I'm feeling confident supporting them trust me plus I didn't even mention the game just logged in here after a while and saw that notification of you mentioning me. It was pretty clear we were gonna go past psg the weight of the kit(I don't know if you english people use that expression :lol: ) is way higher for us to lose to them.  I never believed in the start of the season we were gonna win in for the third consecutive time anyway. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

its tough. So many shit players. Midfield and defence is fucking awful. Attack is good though. 

I'd be inclined to just play as many Spurs players as we can really - the only way we can do well is to get the best outta Harry Kane. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Spurs out. Chelsea going out. United may scrape through but will get battered in quarters. Premier league is wank like I said

Spurs were so comfortable! I fell alseep thinking they had walked it and woke up to them 2-1 down! Shame really but juventus did well to come back fair doos 

9 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Butland

Walker    .......stones..... cahill ....rose

Ox.......drinkwalker

Ali

Lingard         kane       sterling

Yuck. Cahill? Drinkwater? 

Ox isn't a bad shout though. 

Did have to laugh at Spurs last night, very Spursy - Juve are a top team though and their experience showed.