The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Why couldn’t united have this Barca side in those two European finals ffs. We’re so unlucky in Europe. Liverpool are jammy cunts. They did deserve but you have to say the ref decisions did favour them over the two games. If they draw Roma in the semis I’m fucking topping myself

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Why couldn’t united have this Barca side in those two European finals ffs. We’re so unlucky in Europe.

Man United have never had any luck over the years to be fair! that unlucky draw against CL powerhouses Sevilla being the latest example...

Hope Liverpool go on and do it now, be good for the league to have a winner again, it's been a while now. They play great football too.

Chelsea fans must be absolutely sick to their stomach with what Jose did with Salah (and KDB/Lukaku for that matter)

• Like 1

Don't really understand this whole Jose KDB/Salah/Lukaku thing. Not to defend Jose, but isn't EVERY great manager culpable of this? All 3 players had better players in front of them at the time - similar to Pique/Keane/Pogba at United. 

I think we are definitely witnessing the major decline of this Barca side - they look so weak behind the front 3. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Don't really understand this whole Jose KDB/Salah/Lukaku thing. Not to defend Jose, but isn't EVERY great manager culpable of this? All 3 players had better players in front of them at the time - similar to Pique/Keane/Pogba at United. 

I think we are definitely witnessing the major decline of this Barca side - they look so weak behind the front 3. 

Of course all managers are capable of it but the two best players in the league currently (Salah and KDB) that's a bit of an extreme case. They clearly had talent, just were not given a fair crack of the whip.

Barca's error of dominance looks like it's coming to an end, just like Milan on the 90's - wonder if there will be another dominant team to step up to the plate?

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Of course all managers are capable of it but the two best players in the league currently (Salah and KDB) that's a bit of an extreme case. They clearly had talent, just were not given a fair crack of the whip.

Barca's error of dominance looks like it's coming to an end, just like Milan on the 90's - wonder if there will be another dominant team to step up to the plate?

Dan - how would you have handled both players at the time (2013-2015) then? Both had much better players in front of them, neither of them were anywhere close to the complete players they are now. Would you have picked them over Hazard, Cuadrado, Oscar, William, Fabregas, Schurrle, Ramires at the time? No trying to be argumentative - generally curious to know what you would have done differently.

How can we expect a everyone in a 23 + a youth team to be given a fair crack in the first team squad? Both examples are completely different players to when Jose had them at Chelsea. There were players on the bench like Van Ginkel, Oscar, Schurrle, Ake, Traore, Marin... its so difficult give everyone time to prove themselves - all of them had undoubted potential at the time. 

Finally - if people thought so highly of Salah/KDB at the time - why did both end up at clubs like Roma and Wolfsburg? You would think that all the top clubs in the world would snap these guys up right? Its so easy to speak in hindsight.

They didn’t. It was a silly challenge and a pen imo. What a game though. Fucking Madrid were a shambles without Ramos.

you have to say it’s looking good for the scouse cunts to win it. Everyone has been fucking wank this season. Said it few months back that everyone in Europe is shit. Even Bayern struggled tonight. Awful year quality wise in all the leagues and Europe. Exciting games don’t get me wrong but the quality is the worst it’s ever been.

I'm not debating the penalty, just in terms of dominating that game for the most part just to lose it like that in the closing minutes is a shame. 

It would have nice to not see Madrid or Barca in the final four for a change. 

Depinging on who they draw I could see Liverpool making it to the finals; it's just the fact of Klopp's penitent for choking in finals that doesn't have me feeling so hopeful. 

Of course it is. He’s pushed him in the back and wrapped his leg around him from behind without touching the ball. How can it not be a pen? People are just gutted that it happened to Juve it the last minute but deep down everyone knows it’s a pen 

also fuck Buffon. Glad Oliver sent him packing. Overrated cunt.

• Like 1

I think it was penalty, Juve deserved more but it was a fair foul in the area, if the referee didnt mark it we would talking about Madrid getting robbed, clear foul. This Madrid seemed very weak, of course missed Ramos but Carvajal and Marcelo were shite defending. I think Liverpool has great chances to get to the final, Bayer has great players but i dont think they are playing very well and Roma has balls for sure.