The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Football has been so shit this season. Only Italy seems competitive?? PSG, Barca, Bayern and City have all pissed their leagues. So poor. 

The World Cup will be absolutely shit too. Looking at the groups, fuck me there’s some absolute shit that’s qualified. 

On United I know I love a bit of DOOM but seriously where do we go? That wba performance is so worrying. The players couldn’t be arsed and I don’t think Jose inspires any of them. He looks like he’s hates everything about football. We need somebody new, Young and enthusiastic. I have no idea who that is. 

There are definitely some similarities between the LVG era and this Jose era in terms of the way we play sometimes. I think fullbacks will need to be addressed and a RW.

Under Jose though, there is definite significant progress, i can't under stand anyone who would want him out now - this seasons points tally is on par with the Fergie days. 

9 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yes he played well. 

Lads, it’s Tottenham ?

this is why I don’t want poch managing united. He’s never won anything. 

You wanted Poch if i remember correctly. 

3 Finals in two seasons and you wanted Jose sacked, this team is progressing nicely - not there yet, but you have to hand it to the man. 

He should of left last year after the fa cup but he wanted to stay on he loves the club and is definitely a legend..

The invincibles were the best team in the prem era, even maybe ever in english football..

He wanted a certain style and ethos at the club and stuck with it to play great football that was amasing to watch..

His main downfall tho was trying to manage the club like a business after moving to the Emirates..if he would of just spent the money then he would of won alot more.

But overated thats mental ...theres managers who have achieved nothing and keep getting jobs and praise ..

He inherited a strong arsenal side with the best back 4 in English football and was also lucky that he knew the French market so well when France were producing World Cup winning players. I think he’s overrated imo. He had a lot of things go for him early on. The last 10 years is the true Wenger imo. 

The invincibles better than treble united side? Don’t be fucking mental. 

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

He inherited a strong arsenal side with the best back 4 in English football and was also lucky that he knew the French market so well when France were producing World Cup winning players. I think he’s overrated imo. He had a lot of things go for him early on. 

The invincibles better than treble united side? Don’t be fucking mental. 

How can you be lucky to know the french market when france had world cup winning players lol 

You talk complete nonsense when it comes to football jeez lol

16 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

How can you be lucky to know the french market when france had world cup winning players lol 

Are you fucking thick? Apart from a year in Japan he basically went from Monaco to Arsenal you fucking dullard. He knew the top French talent in Henry, Anelka, Vieira, Pires etc 

he had Petit and Henry with him at Monaco. Are you telling me that one being French and two working in the French league didn’t help him understand the top young talent coming through? It was s golden generation in France. Between that and the solid back 4 gave him a great platform for his early success. Don’t get me wrong he’s a top manager but people are overrating him this week. Almost putting him in the same bracket as Sir Alex which is fucking laughable 

You clearly know fuck all about football if you think the invincibles are the best English side of all time you absolute clown.

5 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Erm because he identified them BEFORE they won the world cup maybe? Do your research next time.

I still dont think Wenger is an all time great though, he has seriously tarnished his legacy by outstaying his welcome

Also the greatest Premier League team ever is the Chelsea 2004/05 season.

The greatest premier league team is the treble winning side. How can anyone deny it ffs. We won 3 trophies. Complete domination. That treble winning season was insane. We had to beat Liverpool away in the fa cup with two last minute goals. We beat that amazing arsenal side away with 10 men with that incredible Giggs goal. In Europe we had to get past a great Inter Milan, an incredible Juventus side going 2-0 down away from home we came back to win 3-2. Amazing game. Bayern in the final, pretty sure we had Barca in our group too. There’s no debate. 

• Like 1

The United treble winning side is the best ever, not even a debate. 

Arsenal's style/identity is all because of Wenger, he took that George Graham defensive solidity and built a perfect team. Other than Fergie, no other manager has been able to consistently build great sides over and over again. What he did with Bergkamp and Fabregas in that 4-3-3 changed the way football worked. 

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

The greatest premier league team is the treble winning side. How can anyone deny it ffs. We won 3 trophies. Complete domination. That treble winning season was insane. We had to beat Liverpool away in the fa cup with two last minute goals. We beat that amazing arsenal side away with 10 men with that incredible Giggs goal. In Europe we had to get past a great Inter Milan, an incredible Juventus side going 2-0 down away from home we came back to win 3-2. Amazing game. Bayern in the final, pretty sure we had Barca in our group too. There’s no debate. 

I was talking purely in the Premier League, Chelsea got 95 points in 04/05 - the most ever which makes them best Premier League side ever for me.