The Official Football Topic

Cuth

7 minutes ago, Roux said:

Yep because none of those managers have ever publicly hung anyone out to dry or treated players like shit. Pep is one of the worst offenders - and you use him as an example? Jesus.

He's fallen out with players but from my knowledge he doesn't go into press conferences and rip the shit out of players in front of journos like Jose does. Happy to be proven wrong of course but from my knowledge the slating tends to come from the players he doesn't think are good enough/do not fit into his plans rather than Pep hanging them out to dry. 

The way he has treated Shaw has been absolutely shocking, borderline bullying. 

47 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He's fallen out with players but from my knowledge he doesn't go into press conferences and rip the shit out of players in front of journos like Jose does. Happy to be proven wrong of course but from my knowledge the slating tends to come from the players he doesn't think are good enough/do not fit into his plans rather than Pep hanging them out to dry. 

The way he has treated Shaw has been absolutely shocking, borderline bullying. 

When has Jose ripped the shit out of a player in a presser? He said some players lacked personality and desire after certain matches - i don't see any problem with that - Pep has done the same. Both of them have treated players they don't want like shit - Joe Hart? Pep doesn't even speak to players he doesn't want. Part and parcel of being a manager. It really is a Pep fanboy love-in. 

Luke Shaw only has himself to blame, he's been a problem at every club hes played for. Meanwhile Jose has praised McTominay, Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez, De Gea, Pobga etc etc ... but nobody gives a fuck about that. 

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/jose-mourinho-just-latest-manager-question-luke-shaws-commitment-attitude-119898

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-5522499/Luke-Shaw-does-make-pull-hair-times-Jason-Dodd.html

How can 4 managers be wrong? Bullying - dear god, a bit of criticism for a lazy grown man on 100k a week!

14 hours ago, petros said:

Liverpool: UCL Finalists

Didn't realise that was a trophy?

Who really cares what a Greek Real Madrid fan thinks though? 

Either way, not a great final as predicted - Man United and Chelsea sure have a habit of serving up tripe when they meet in big games. 

Jose vs Conte was always gonna be an absolute cuntfest. 

I know we lost but fck me how poor are Chelsea? Worst Chelsea side since Abramovich took over. Hazard and Kante and that’s it. Shows how bad United were too that we couldn’t beat that pile of shit.

I honestly though didn’t give a fuck we lost that’s how disillusioned I am atm. I felt nothing. I fucking hate these group of players. De Gea aside they can all fuck off. 

We made one mistake that cost us and were missing one of our best players. Rashford and Martial are never going to be good enough to play up top. 

Not too disheartened, we were much better second half  - i think we really need two new fullbacks.  

Hazard is a special player. 

Rashford would be incredible playing for City. Jose’s negative football just stifles him. I’m sick of seeing Martial. Hopefully gone in the summer along with Pogba. Fucking hate him. Lukaku should be sold too if it’s true that he didn’t want to play 

Its nothing to do Jose imo - he just hasn't stepped up for the team when needed, neither has Martial. The commentators during the cup final were spot on - he's overplaying - far too much overplaying from him and Martial. 

The last few games both have been poor - decision making is what makes a great player and these guys will get there eventually, just they are not there now.

Lukaku being sold thing is just more complete overreaction from you. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Its nothing to do Jose imo - he just hasn't stepped up for the team when needed, neither has Martial. The commentators during the cup final were spot on - he's overplaying - far too much overplaying from him and Martial. 

The last few games both have been poor - decision making is what makes a great player and these guys will get there eventually, just they are not there now.

Lukaku being sold thing is just more complete overreaction from you. 

How is it overreacting? He’s refused to play a cup final because e didn’t wanna get injured for the World Cup. Who pays his wages?? He should be bombed out then club. Do you think Fergie would stand for that pal? Our standard have dropped massively. He’s not good enough to play upfront for Manchester United anyway even though I do like him. 

20 minutes ago, Scott. said:

How is it overreacting? He’s refused to play a cup final because e didn’t wanna get injured for the World Cup. Who pays his wages?? He should be bombed out then club. Do you think Fergie would stand for that pal? Our standard have dropped massively. He’s not good enough to play upfront for Manchester United anyway even though I do like him. 

You know he's played most of the season inured right? he did the same for Everton. So i can probably believe the guy when he's says he's not fit. This guy has played 50+ times this season!

Not everything has to be some massive overblown media shitstorm, you're a dream for a WUM Scott.  

There's other players that could perhaps work harder for the team deserve criticism, but i can't really see what Lukaku has done wrong.  

Do you think Jose has killed Martial and Rashfords confidence? 

Lets look at things, he basically drops them for half a season then chucks them both back in and then slates them both when they don't perform straight away, what does he really expect? you can't deny his managerial style is doing nothing for their development. Even established world class players like Sanchez and Pogba are looking pretty shite on a regular basis. 

He is now picking fights with everyone, this fits on the standard Jose timeline though - the usual 2 years are up, I think he's got another season maximum before he is either fired or walks away, that's what usually happens with him.

He was the master back in the day but it feels like more and more that the game has left him behind a bit and he is too stubborn to change his ways as he believes they have always worked for him, that's what made Fergie so special - he moved with the times and evolved as the game did, getting in the right people at the right times. Jose is still trying to copy his 2005 Chelsea team thinking that it will replicate their success.

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Do you think Jose has killed Martial and Rashfords confidence? 

Lets look at things, he basically drops them for half a season then chucks them both back in and then slates them both when they don't perform straight away, what does he really expect? you can't deny his managerial style is doing nothing for their development. Even established world class players like Sanchez and Pogba are looking pretty shite on a regular basis. 

He is now picking fights with everyone, this fits on the standard Jose timeline though - the usual 2 years are up, I think he's got another season maximum before he is either fired or walks away, that's what usually happens with him.

He was the master back in the day but it feels like more and more that the game has left him behind a bit and he is too stubborn to change his ways as he believes they have always worked for him, that's what made Fergie so special - he moved with the times and evolved as the game did, getting in the right people at the right times. Jose is still trying to copy his 2005 Chelsea team thinking that it will replicate their success.

Jose plays players who are consistently performing and working for the team. An example of this is Pogba being dropped for McTominay - so what does that do for Mctominay's confidence - the guy will run through walls for Jose now, as will Lukaku and Matic. So why use this confidence thing only in a negative light?

This is what he has always done with his team. I don't believe Pogba and Sanchez are shite - they just haven't performed as good as best as they can. I thought both were very good against Chelsea, particularly Pogba. 

IMO - Martial and Rashford don't do what he asks of them (and to a certain extent Luke Shaw) Lingard, McTominay, Young etc do - so they play. Its that simple. 

He's taken a team from 6th to 2nd in the space of a year. I'd say thats pretty good - not great, but nothing to suggest he needs to be fired. That's fucking ridiculous. I think he has players at the club he doesn't fancy and lacks players in proper positions (RW). these problems can be corrected in the next transfer window.  I fully agree the style could be MUCH MUCH better - but i don't think he's had the players to do that this season. Two ageing converted wingers at LB and RW, no natural right wingers in the squad at all. These are key positions. 

He's just signed a new contract too - so i find it hard to believe either he wants out or the board have had enough on him. 

21 hours ago, Roux said:

Jose plays players who are consistently performing and working for the team. An example of this is Pogba being dropped for McTominay - so what does that do for Mctominay's confidence - the guy will run through walls for Jose now, as will Lukaku and Matic. So why use this confidence thing only in a negative light?

This is what he has always done with his team. I don't believe Pogba and Sanchez are shite - they just haven't performed as good as best as they can. I thought both were very good against Chelsea, particularly Pogba. 

IMO - Martial and Rashford don't do what he asks of them (and to a certain extent Luke Shaw) Lingard, McTominay, Young etc do - so they play. Its that simple. 

He's taken a team from 6th to 2nd in the space of a year. I'd say thats pretty good - not great, but nothing to suggest he needs to be fired. That's fucking ridiculous. I think he has players at the club he doesn't fancy and lacks players in proper positions (RW). these problems can be corrected in the next transfer window.  I fully agree the style could be MUCH MUCH better - but i don't think he's had the players to do that this season. Two ageing converted wingers at LB and RW, no natural right wingers in the squad at all. These are key positions. 

He's just signed a new contract too - so i find it hard to believe either he wants out or the board have had enough on him. 

Sanchez...good against Chelsea? are you serious? he was fucking horrific. Pogba was slightly better but he has to be burying that chance. 

I just think it's hard for Martial and Rashford to do what he asks as it's so fucking dated, as soon as they lose the ball they're expect to drop as secondary full backs, then they see all the other top teams around with the high press, winning balls back up in offensive areas of the pitch. They're also still young players who occasionally need an arm around the shoulder and a chance to play their natural offensive game, I just can't see either of them hitting their potential with the way Mourinho wants to play - isn't he looking to try and sign a 29 year old Willian in the summer? that'll be the end for one or both of them if he does (probably Martial) for a player who runs around loads - Jose Mourinho the flair vampire striking again!

On paper he's done a good job and 6th to 2nd is good progress in the league - you can get away with dire football if you win trophies, this season he didn't so I'd say the criticism coming his way from fans and pundits alike is pretty fair. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Sanchez...good against Chelsea? are you serious? he was fucking horrific. Pogba was slightly better but he has to be burying that chance. 

I just think it's hard for Martial and Rashford to do what he asks as it's so fucking dated, as soon as they lose the ball they're expect to drop as secondary full backs, then they see all the other top teams around with the high press, winning balls back up in offensive areas of the pitch. They're also still young players who occasionally need an arm around the shoulder and a chance to play their natural offensive game, I just can't see either of them hitting their potential with the way Mourinho wants to play - isn't he looking to try and sign a 29 year old Willian in the summer? that'll be the end for one or both of them if he does (probably Martial) for a player who runs around loads - Jose Mourinho the flair vampire striking again!

On paper he's done a good job and 6th to 2nd is good progress in the league - you can get away with dire football if you win trophies, this season he didn't so I'd say the criticism coming his way from fans and pundits alike is pretty fair. 

Yeah - i thought he played well, the only attacking player that tried to make things happen and kept the ball well.

Its like you don't watch Man Utd, they do high press - quite frequently too! They keep their width and they have freedom to attack - i see very little difference from what they are expected to do compared to Sane and Sterling for example. Of course they have defencive duties (just like Sane and Sterling) But quite often, Lukaku drops deeper and Martial or Rashford are the highest players on the pitch, i think people just want to create this defensive narrative to support their argument. 

The problem is end product when attacking - they just both constantly overplay (example: https://streamable.com/9uiaj) , its not like they are restricted in any way, they just constantly seem to lack end product and keep it simple. Complete myth that Mourinho has them playing as virtual wings backs etc...  complete rubbish - offensively, right now - both lack the consistency and output expected of them. The Chelsea game was so frustrating - again and again Rashford thought he was Messi and tried to take on 3/4 players. How many times this season has Rashford been clean through on goal, overplayed and then a defender catches up with him i think it happened in the West Ham game. Martial sulks, has way to many personal issues affecting his game  and just doesn't seem to have the fight to grab a game and light it up.

Willian is a right winger. Both Martial and Rashford are mainly played on that left wing. 

Maybe Mourinho can be blamed for not bringing in natural wingers - he obviously tried to get Perisic. He's need to address RW this summer more than anything else. Other than Sanchez - we have no natural wingers at the club!

Me personally, i would sell Martial and bring in Griezmann and a true RW. 

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/ewan-mackenna-murky-questions-surround-spanish-footballs-golden-era-and-people-might-not-like-the-answers-36943284.html

piece in doping in football

i reckon Spain and those Spanish clubs are cheating fucking cunts. Not only them but nadal too. I’ve always said it and I stand by it 100%. Bet it’s happening at City now too. Never seen players recover so quickly from injuries or the fact they never seem to tire. De Bruyne must be the fittest players of all time. The cunt is up and down the pitch week in week out without fail ?