The Official Football Topic

Cuth

35 minutes ago, Roux said:

I was looking at the other clubs transfer signings yesterday. They've been just as bad, if not worse than us! What is going on this transfer window? Liverpool are the only team that have strengthened significantly. 

Spurs haven't made a single signing yet! 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700 

I wouldn't say it's about the signings themselves, it's more about the things he has been saying in the press.

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I wouldn't say it's about the signings themselves, it's more about the things he has been saying in the press.

I wasn't talking about Mourinho... 

But I really don't care what he says in the press. Its never that accurate - we heard Martial had left training without permission and now he's angry at Valencia for being out of shape. Luke Shaw bullied etc... When you watch the actual press conference its nothing like that at all. But people like you believe what the press says. I'm sure he's frustrated at lack of signings - but its not like he doesn't have a good squad when those WC players are back. 

Personally i think we desperately lack a top class RW - i would imagine it will be corrected soon. 

I believe what he says because there are direct quotes, I just personally think stuff like that should remain in house. Just my opinion of course.

This public naming and shaming may have used to work but for better or for worse the modern footballer has changed and a majority of them do not react well to being called out in front of everyone.

10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I believe what he says because there are direct quotes, I just personally think stuff like that should remain in house. Just my opinion of course.

This public naming and shaming may have used to work but for better or for worse the modern footballer has changed and a majority of them do not react well to being called out in front of everyone.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/3574109/anthony-martial-may-have-left-manchester-united-tour-without-permission-sources 

The video in the article literally contradics the headline. But click-bait works.

Luke shaw himself said none of the good things Jose says about him gets written about - only the bad: Sounds like Jose has alot of confidence in him. More than i do.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/luke-shaw-mourinho-sent-a-text-saying-you-can-be-the-best-kwqfjn5tc

I'm not trying to defend Jose - but it really is taken out of context 90% of the time. United is click-bait material. 

20 hours ago, Roux said:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/3574109/anthony-martial-may-have-left-manchester-united-tour-without-permission-sources 

The video in the article literally contradics the headline. But click-bait works.

Luke shaw himself said none of the good things Jose says about him gets written about - only the bad: Sounds like Jose has alot of confidence in him. More than i do.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/luke-shaw-mourinho-sent-a-text-saying-you-can-be-the-best-kwqfjn5tc

I'm not trying to defend Jose - but it really is taken out of context 90% of the time. United is click-bait material. 

He just looks so glum, I can imagine him being an energy vampire to the players and staff - I missed the old charismatic Jose, he was an arsehole at times but he was also funny and you could tell he made his players feel 10 feet tall.

I can see why he's a bit pissed off a bit about the transfer window but you just got to get on with it and motivate the players he has with him now - they're the ones that will be starting the season with him so he should be focusing on getting them onside and giving them belief rather than feeling sorry for Alexis Sanchez that he has to go through the sheer indecency of sharing a pitch with some of them. 

I appreciate the press go for sensationalist headlines sometimes but this is the word that we live in, Jose should surely know by now what creates a shitstorm and what doesn't? he knows exactly what he's doing when he drops those lines in if you ask me.

He will be gone by the end of this season at the very latest in my opinion but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's before, he's now the bookies favourite to be first manager to leave his post this season.

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He just looks so glum, I can imagine him being an energy vampire to the players and staff - I missed the old charismatic Jose, he was an arsehole at times but he was also funny and you could tell he made his players feel 10 feet tall.

I can see why he's a bit pissed off a bit about the transfer window but you just got to get on with it and motivate the players he has with him now - they're the ones that will be starting the season with him so he should be focusing on getting them onside and giving them belief rather than feeling sorry for Alexis Sanchez that he has to go through the sheer indecency of sharing a pitch with some of them. 

I appreciate the press go for sensationalist headlines sometimes but this is the word that we live in, Jose should surely know by now what creates a shitstorm and what doesn't? he knows exactly what he's doing when he drops those lines in if you ask me.

He will be gone by the end of this season at the very latest in my opinion but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's before, he's now the bookies favourite to be first manager to leave his post this season.

He does - he looks like absolute shit. He's always been a moaner and never minces his words. He's working with a b-team in this preseason and he can't have any complaints about it - this was always going to be the case. He hates these long tours and he hates them even more working with a depleted squad - this is just who he is. 

United need to sign a RW, and a good one - without a player in that key area, we are going to struggle. 

Unless something catastrophic happens - i don't think he will, he absolutely loves United and the players seem to really like him. Once a few more players come back - he still has one of the best squads in the league. If Sanchez can get going and Pereira can establish himself (which i think he can) they will be like new signings.  

I’ve never been this down about going into a new season. Pre season has been shit, brought in one new player who has looked very good tbf but it’s nowhere near enough, the club is run by business men hence why the football side of things is a disaster. Jose is a miserable bastard. Who can blame him though. People can say he’s spent enough already etc but this united Squad needed completely changing. Lvg’s Signings were a disgrace to the club. Peoples standards of United have seriously dropped if they think Fellaini, Young, Shaw, Jones, Smalling, Valencia, Rojo should be at the club. Fuck me all of them are Bournemouth level and who’s to say that Jose wanted Lindelof for example. He probably wanted someone else and the club have gone the cheap option. 

Looks like Alderweireld could be done which would instantly improve us at the back but our attack is still so disjointed and unbalanced, we don’t have a right winger ffs. I think we’ll draw or lose this Friday night and the place will be toxic. 

I’d flog Pogba for 200m. Can’t stand the cunt. 

Arsenal are being bought out by that cunt too which is terrible news for them. Makes me sick to see historic clubs in this state while tin pot cunts like City and Chelsea are in good hands.

Seen this on a united forum. This is basically what’s happening. We are absolutely fucked. 

until the cancer that is the Glazers fuck off, this is the new reality - I'll simplify it for you 

The difference between winning the PL and finishing top four doesn't cover the transfer fees so they are sitting on the cash

The difference between getting out of your CL group and winning it doesn't cover the transfer fees so they are sitting on the cash

For all our style of play under Mourinho doesn't inspire me the man wants to WIN trophies and titles - the club under Glazers are just doing enough to stay competitive

And 90% of this thread is us willing players to come in - the owners don't care. They are holding on until the streaming of PL and CL games is out of collective control and sold off by the clubs. They will then sell and become Billionaires 

They are here for the foreseeable future, every manager that leaves will be subject to a gagging order and we'll be strung along, occasionally they will fund a big signing to keep the "base" quiet

Unless a massive ongoing campaign is properly launched against them, we are fucked.

All the feel good factor around arsenal with the new manager and preseason is now gone with Kroenkes takeover. Fucking makes make sick. Not spending another penny on this club now. Get fucked you American cunt.

@...Dan... honestly think you’re getting one hell of a player in Lucas Perez. So gutted he never got a chance and didn’t work out for him. A league above players like Welbeck and Iwobi. 

14 hours ago, 2point5 said:

All the feel good factor around arsenal with the new manager and preseason is now gone with Kroenkes takeover. Fucking makes make sick. Not spending another penny on this club now. Get fucked you American cunt.

@...Dan... honestly think you’re getting one hell of a player in Lucas Perez. So gutted he never got a chance and didn’t work out for him. A league above players like Welbeck and Iwobi. 

I just read up on the characteristics of the guy who is buying the club and I feel for you guys; I’ve always had a soft spot Aresnal when it comes to rooting for them against neutrals and rivals and I hope he actually invests in the club and we don’t see them drop into obscurity. 

I’m interested to see how United fair this season; you guys didn’t change much and still finished higher in the league than us but I agree with dan and I feel like Jose is doing the famous third season implosion. 

20 hours ago, Scott. said:

Seen this on a united forum. This is basically what’s happening. We are absolutely fucked. 

Doesn't really make sense - they have spent millions in transfer fees and big contracts over the last few seasons...