The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Well whats the argument here? Glazers don't spend money? - because they absolutely do! We can't have any complaints about other team spending big money on players when we have done this for years under the Glazers. They also gave players huge contracts that should never have been given in the first place. 

United are the goldmine here, not the Glazers - the more successful they are - the more money they make. it's that simple.

We're not the only team struggling to buy players, somehow that translates to Jose isn't backed in the transfer marker anymore! 

Personally, its a dark day when we are linked with players like Maguire and Boetang. Meanwhile Vrsaljko, Rose, Alderweireld and Fekir are available for peanuts. 

Ok pal. The club is in great hands. 

We're currently after Zouma. What Is he? Our 6th choice CB ? let’s be honest he wasn’t even a choice. The glazers don’t wanna pay top dollar for a CB so now we’re proper scraping the barrel. 

Thats just one position btw. We need a fucking left back and RW too. No chance they’re shelling out for that though. 

Absoluye fucking circus. Jose will be gone by xmas. You watch him dig everyone out in the press conferences now 

So no signings then. Nice one United. 

Finished miles behind City. They’ve improved by adding Mahrez. He’s an upgrade on that clown Sterling

Liverpool have spent a fuck load of cash on improving their squad massively

Chelsea have added quality. Even Arsenal have improved.

There’s us needing two full backs, a CB and RW and we’re left with Fred, a young rb (a punt) and Lee fucking Grant

club is in great hands though...

just confirmation that the owners don’t care about winnings trophies, it’s all about those brand deals. We’ve signed more brand deals than players this summer. This would of come to light much quicker if it wasn’t for Fergie. They’re lucky he was winning things for the glazers first 8 years or there would of been riots. This season is going to be toxic.

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Jose is a defensive minded manager, he is more worried about being solid and efficient than having flair. 

But you don't only defend with 4 players. He's always said he wanted another hard-working winger (Perisic) to go with Sanchez. 

51 minutes ago, Roux said:

He's signing a new contract today isn't he? i have no idea what the obsession is with the CB position. Not a single rumour about RW... 

This I can understand why the club wouldn’t fork out for a CB because we’ve got way to many as it is and Jose has brought in two already.

But everyone knew we needed a RW and a LB. where the fuck are they??

Something isn't right, you can try and say it's the press making something out of nothing but all is not well behind the scenes, I think that is pretty clear.

I'm happy with our summer business, not getting my hopes up massively because a lifetime of disappointment/letdowns tells me to do otherwise but I at least appreciate the board getting a big name manager in and backing him in the transfer market. Roll on the 5-0 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday!

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

This I can understand why the club wouldn’t fork out for a CB because we’ve got way to many as it is and Jose has brought in two already.

But everyone knew we needed a RW and a LB. where the fuck are they??

Its literally the last position we need strengthening. I get none of them are world class, but all of them are still good defenders. So whats the point?

41 minutes ago, Roux said:

Boy, Jose really got you butthurt or something. It's kinda weird/obsessive how you are always hating on the guy. 

Obsessive? haha, bit of an overreaction that. You're just hyper sensitive to people being critical about your club. It's not like I'm the only person saying these things and it's not like I'm slating the bloke either, just saying what I think about the current situation.

I used to like him a lot but he's a shell of the man he was, at least from what I see - what happened to the charisma he had back in his first spell at Chelsea? I appreciate he's a bit older now but it's like he is a completely different man. I think as a manager the game has left him behind a bit as well, still seems obsessed with rebuilding his Chelsea 2005 team while the younger managers are moving the game forward. 

He will go down a great for sure but if he is manager of Man United this time next year I'll be surprised, this summer seems to suggest that the club are refusing to back him in the transfer market so I think the end might be nigh. 

None of us know exactly what is going on and can only make an educated guess and the above is mine, if that makes me weird/obsessive about Jose in your eyes then so be it. 

I don't really give a shit either way, but seems like Man United chat makes up about 75% of this thread so it's kind of difficult to avoid, I'd love to spend more time talking about West Ham in here if you're up for it.

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Obsessive? haha, bit of an overreaction that. You're just hyper sensitive to people being critical about your club. It's not like I'm the only person saying these things and it's not like I'm slating the bloke either, just saying what I think about the current situation.

I used to like him a lot but he's a shell of the man he was, at least from what I see - what happened to the charisma he had back in his first spell at Chelsea? I appreciate he's a bit older now but it's like he is a completely different man. I think as a manager the game has left him behind a bit as well, still seems obsessed with rebuilding his Chelsea 2005 team while the younger managers are moving the game forward. 

He will go down a great for sure but if he is manager of Man United this time next year I'll be surprised, this summer seems to suggest that the club are refusing to back him in the transfer market so I think the end might be nigh. 

None of us know exactly what is going on and can only make an educated guess and the above is mine, if that makes me weird/obsessive about Jose in your eyes then so be it. 

I don't really give a shit either way, but seems like Man United chat makes up about 75% of this thread so it's kind of difficult to avoid, I'd love to spend more time talking about West Ham in here if you're up for it.

EVERY single thing the guy does... you have to pick out the negative. We were 2nd in the league last season - get a grip. 3rd season syndrome is an absolute myth - as many people have clarified, but you seem hellbent on believing it. Obsessive is accurate i think.  I don't agree with some of his choices (some of these are on the previous pages) but he's won a few trophies and took us to 2nd so far ... its not perfect, i get that, but its not the disaster you make it out to be sometimes. 

Jumping from, not promoting youth, to board lost faith, players falling out, left behind by other managers etc... you've every excuse under the sun on here. Reality is, we've at least won things and performed well in the league for the first time in years. 

You answered your own question, he's older - much calmer and mellow. It happens to everyone - even Fergie massively toned it down as he grew older. 

It's possible the wheels could come off this season, Fred could be shit, Pogba at 50% and Sanchez still under-performing etc - but there's also the possibility that with a few adjustments we could really push on from last season. 

I've said repeatedly on here - other clubs haven't had a a good transfer window either - Chelsea has just lost one of their best players ffs. Yet it always comes back to Jose. 

We still have a damn good side - the best squad in the league along with City imo.