The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I'm just spitballing ideas, we both know fuck all about what is going on behind the scenes in reality - can only offer our opinions. Something isn't right at Man United, no idea what - nut that's my hunch.

I'm just speculating which is all you can do from the outside, I don't think everything I am saying is 100% correct (or even right at all) they're just potential theories - yet you seem to take them almost as a personal attack on Man United and Jose.

If you had signed a top centre back, midfielder, winger and left back - looked like you were gaining momentum and Jose looked happy going into the new season I would say that - but that's not the case at all from what I can see. Also Jose is 55, Fergie had a shit load of fire in his belly at that age in the late 90's so that comparison falls flat for me. 

It's just my honest opinion on the situation, I could lie on what I think if that makes you feel better? 

10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm just spitballing ideas, we both know fuck all about what is going on behind the scenes in reality - can only offer our opinions. Something isn't right at Man United, no idea what - nut that's my hunch.

I'm just speculating which is all you can do from the outside, I don't think everything I am saying is 100% correct (or even right at all) they're just potential theories - yet you seem to take them almost as a personal attack on Man United and Jose.

If you had signed a top centre back, midfielder, winger and left back - looked like you were gaining momentum and Jose looked happy going into the new season I would say that - but that's not the case at all from what I can see. Also Jose is 55, Fergie had a shit load of fire in his belly at that age in the late 90's so that comparison falls flat for me. 

It's just my honest opinion on the situation, I could lie on what I think if that makes you feel better? 

Just seems to be they couldn't get the players Jose wanted (we don't know why) but looks like they won't be held to ransom. From the players inside the camp - they seem to love the guy. Everything else is crazy speculation to sell papers. We're seeing wild stories that contradict themselves within the same day - this only happens on a huge scale with United. 

Now doubt, he's pissy about his players that have come back late from WC. He's needs to shut up and get on with it. 

Like you said yourself - the modern footballer is different now, they have to be treated like children in many ways, they wouldn't last under Fergie. 

You know i am allowed to challenge your opinion, this is what this place is for after-all. But it does seem to be the same regurgitated stuff every single time - when in reality we've actually had a decent few years compared to before Jose, but its like we're been relegated listening to you sometimes. 

8 hours ago, Roux said:

What happened? i haven't really been following whats been going on over there.

The American owners have completely rinsed the club along with the Huw Jenkins and the welsh lads who took them up from league 2 to the Premier League. 

Theyve all been dipping into the club and taking millions out for themselves, punch ups on board meetings. It’s just a circus. They’ve gone from being possibly the best run club in world football To an absolute shambles. 

They made about 40+ million on sales this window and wouldn’t by Ryan Woods from Brentford for 6.5m. Refused to pay it. On the last day they sold 3 centre backs leaving the club with one fucking centre back. Seriously they have one CB. They’re going to have to put a kid in. They’re just greedy cunts. All they’ve done over the last few years is sell sell sell and pocketing the money. There’s going to be riots down there soon

17 hours ago, Scott. said:

The American owners have completely rinsed the club along with the Huw Jenkins and the welsh lads who took them up from league 2 to the Premier League. 

Theyve all been dipping into the club and taking millions out for themselves, punch ups on board meetings. It’s just a circus. They’ve gone from being possibly the best run club in world football To an absolute shambles. 

They made about 40+ million on sales this window and wouldn’t by Ryan Woods from Brentford for 6.5m. Refused to pay it. On the last day they sold 3 centre backs leaving the club with one fucking centre back. Seriously they have one CB. They’re going to have to put a kid in. They’re just greedy cunts. All they’ve done over the last few years is sell sell sell and pocketing the money. There’s going to be riots down there soon

Thats fucked up. I couldn't believe Fernandez was sold for that little. 

Anyway, love this Pogba, Pereira, Fred midfield. Pereira is the real deal - so dynamic and confident. 

3 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

Happy with that win but I’m still going to remain skeptical, I think Keita is going to be a force in the Prem if the signs he’s showing are anything to judge I’m excited. 

Question for the United fans, how do you guys rate Rashford and potential for this season? 

Him and Martial  need to work on their decision making - both hesitate too much when they get themselves into good positions. Ability wise - they are not much different to someone like Mbappe, but he has vastly superior finishing/decision making. I don't know if both Rashford/Martial will correct these issues this season - it seems to be the same thing every match but expecting different results. 

I fear for Arsenal this season, they look even weaker and nervous than last season - that 19 year in midfield was incredible for them though. 

Expected that from Liverpool, West Ham will be in real trouble if they persist with that high line. The worst tactics possible against that kind of opposition.

Same shit, different season. 

Result didn't overly surprise me, was kind of a free hit but not sure we can play Fredericks and Masuaku in a back 4 - going to have to be 3-5-2 if he Pellegrini wants them both in the team, or have to drop at least one of them. Rice should be playing centre back and sadly I think it's time for Noble to become club captain and do a bit part for the team. 

Season really starts next weekend at home to Bournemouth. 

9 minutes ago, Roux said:

That was the highest score for one gameweek i've ever seen from someone im in a league with.

Made the mistake of making Sanchez my captain, he was shite. 

I think my record was last year where I got about 105. 

I had a mate who triple captained Kane on this game a couple seasons back:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39879805

He got 85 points for Kane alone. 

47 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I think my record was last year where I got about 105. 

I had a mate who triple captained Kane on this game a couple seasons back:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39879805

He got 85 points for Kane alone. 

I saw someone in another league that triple captained Luke Shaw. He got like 33pts, but why the fuk would you think to do that in the first place? 

Im pissed because I have Salah and Mane as captain and vice and forgot to triple them. I’m contemplating making Mane captain though, Salah is going to be a marked man this season.

Im bummed I didn’t get in with you guys, I kind of procrastinated and did my team and leagues a couple of hours before the United opener but my service is trash so I couldn’t find the page with the league code in time.

On 8/14/2018 at 5:08 PM, BoogieMan said:

Im pissed because I have Salah and Mane as captain and vice and forgot to triple them. I’m contemplating making Mane captain though, Salah is going to be a marked man this season.

Im bummed I didn’t get in with you guys, I kind of procrastinated and did my team and leagues a couple of hours before the United opener but my service is trash so I couldn’t find the page with the league code in time.

Just join it, its only one game in - a couple of matches picking up points and you can recover pretty quick.