The Official Football Topic

Cuth

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Also what the hell has happened to Alexis Sanchez? has he just got shit or is it Jose's tactics not being able to get a good game out of him? I bet he is devastated he didn't wait for City deep down now. 

To be fair he was dog shit for us the start of last season, was thankful we got rid when we did!

23 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah I think all that football might have burned him out a bit, shame.

Thought we were a bit unlucky against you on Saturday...?

Massively. 3-1 flattered us. Can’t defend for shit. When Aubameyang starts firing I fancy our attack against anyone. But defending is a massive problem. Let’s just try outscore everyone I guess. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

followed them to that doctor he uses in Spain did they??

They went out with Mendy when he got injured in the first episode actually.

Find it bizarre that you believe that this happens to be honest, think about the people/players past and present he has worked with and no word/proof of it - he just gets the best out of his players. Jose could certainly do with some bloodbags though!

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah I think all that football might have burned him out a bit, shame.

Thought we were a bit unlucky against you on Saturday...?

Defensively we are awful, it's been an area that has needed to be addressed for the last 10 years. You could easily have scored 5 or 6. 

I really hope Koscielny can come back and hit his best form straight away, but with the injury he has, and his age, I'm worried. 

To be honest, at this point I would be seriously considering throwing in Mavraponas / Holding to partner Sokratis. Mustafi is just unbelievably inconsistent.

Wolves match is massive for you guys this weekend, they haven't had the results they wanted against Everton and Leicester, I would pin Arnie on Coady though, how he is their captain I will never know!

I think we have a good team - obviously playing like shit now. But once players like Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba, Fred get going - i think we can do some damage. We opened up a bit against Spurs - so im hoping Jose continues with a less defensive approach. Juve will be tough, but they are not the team they once were.  

I am seriously starting to think Sanchez might never hit former glory, he looked quite poor towards the end of his Arsenal career and maybe having barely any summers off over the course of his career has led to him burning out early? just a theory of course. 

I agree if all those players get going then you'll be fine but IF Jose has lost the dressing room then I can't see any real improvement until he goes, time will tell on that though I guess. 

He hasn't lost the dressing room at all. I think the Spurs game they were trying to hard to fight for him/the team - rather than working on specific game-plan., alot of effort - but not alot of quality imo  Its encouraging though. 

He might not and he does look burnt out - he's just pulled out of international due to injury, so i don't think he wants to travel anymore. If he can get one or two good games together he can be deadly. What i love about him is he never goes hiding - Martial vs Spurs is a player who just doesn't want to fight. 

Fred looks a very good player - despite his mistakes recently, he's positive and attacking. 

Lads. We will finish bottom of that group. Juve will twat us home and away, we never beat Spanish teams and Young Boys will do us away and probably nick a draw at OT.

We’ll also lose to Burnley on Sunday. Our CBs whoever they’ll be (doesn’t matter) will get bullied all game.