The Official Football Topic

Cuth

11 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Third season syndrome is a thing despite what the doubters say...

Although in all seriousness it's quite clear he's lost the dressing room.

He’s been shit from day 1 pal

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Zidane surely? 

Fuck no. Why zidane? He’s never been tested ffs. Yeah ok he won 3 CL in a row but the competition was shit and has been for years. Didn’t exactly dominate the league and football was meh. He was lucky he had Ronaldo scoring 50+ a season and had an incredible squad full of captains and winners

seriously what is he going to do with our useless cunts?? hed be a shocking appointment 

Theres poch, ancolotti and klopp that would suit united ..i doubt they could get even ancolotti!

Zidance went straight into one of the best madrid teams and is unproven but it seems like he is the main target and only one available...

Personally jose is too expensive to just sack, he will be given till end of the season unless it gets ridiculously bad and they dont even qualify for the champions league by xmas!

Then mutual goodbyes i think unless pogba fucks off

Poch is a good shout because he also inhereited a toxic squad at spurs and managed to fuck them off and build a good squad full of English/British players and youth and that’s united all over. He’d also have a much bigger budget at United. I do worry that hes never won anything though 

13 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

The big question is will Lukaku ever learn the offside rule? 

I never thought it would get to the point where I wouldn't swap a West Ham attack for a Man United one...

I was thinking this exact same thing. Add that to his terrible first touch and its so frustrating to watch. 

5 minutes ago, Roux said:

I was thinking this exact same thing. Add that to his terrible first touch and its so frustrating to watch. 

He is pure power and on his day he is basically unplayable but his footballing brain is severely lacking at times.

He is a serious confidence player too and it's clear he is lacking in it at the minute.

37 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He is pure power and on his day he is basically unplayable but his footballing brain is severely lacking at times.

He is a serious confidence player too and it's clear he is lacking in it at the minute.

His bulky body shape doesn't help him. But i also think we're not creating enough chances for him - especially from the wings. 

On 9/29/2018 at 10:13 PM, Scott. said:

give it to McKenna till end of season

Read this in that United fans voice "give it Giggsy til the end of the season".

My friend who is a season ticket holder says it is horrible going to United at the minute. Moyes was an idiot for taking on that squad, how Fergie won the league in his final season with that squad I will never know - it just highlights how great a manager he actually was. 

The biggest problem is the fan base in the mid 20's watched United dominate year after year, where Arsenal were the only challengers. The fans aren't used to not winning things so the patience just runs thin ridiculously quick. 

I know a manager that's available who would play the attacking football they crave at Old Trafford, who is respected by the hierarchy... the big man himself Sir Arsene Wenger. 

Its not so much about winning things. Yeah of course we want silverware but it’s about more than that. The football has been fucking aids now since Fergie left and it was a bit shit towards fergies last years too. We’re just sick of the circus surrounding the club

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Missus out, couple of tins in for the footy and then that gets served up.

What a horrific football match that was.

Lukaku should be ashamed of that performance.

None of them care mate. Jose doesn’t give a shit either. Everyone now is just waiting for Jose to get the sack including the man himself 

what do we do in training? How can manager with forwards like Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Sanchez not create any chances??? It’s almost like they’re all match fixing 

• Like 1

Few things I thought last night:

- your midfield is just three big lumps, yeah Pogba has a bit of skill and Matic has a decent touch but football has moved on, you need to have a smaller playmaker in the side with a lower sense of gravity, there are no quick moves that get you up the pitch quickly, it's slow turgid and tiresome. Makes those little triangles and pulling the opposition around with quick passing almost impossible with them three playing. 

- I think you're really going to struggle with Lukaku and Rashford in the same team, they have both have a pretty terrible touch and struggle to run with the ball as it gets caught up under their feet and they just lose control of it. Martial is better at this but he blows very hot and cold. I also am starting to think that Rashford isn't the hot prospect that people are making out, some people still compare him to Mbappe with poorer decision making - do me a favour, he is nowhere near his level and never will be. Lukaku also needs to learn how being a striker works off the ball, one of the thickest strikers going at the moment. 

- Why are you still playing Valencia at right back? bloke looks finished to me and that Dalot looks pretty decent, get him in ASAP - at least then you've got two good full backs in the side.

- Central defence is just full up with average to okay players, no top defenders who can perform on a consistant basis, at least you've got a good keeper. 

• Like 1