The Official Football Topic

Cuth

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Central defence is just full up with average to okay players, no top defenders who can perform on a consistant basis, at least you've got a good keeper

This is so accurate. Gone from Vidic and Ferdinand to Smalling / Bailly/ Jones / Rojo.

To be fair to Rashford he is still only 20 and when he first come onto the scene, he was occupying all the right spaces. Under Mourinho he has regressed massively and the Mbappe comparison should really just stop. Mbappe is unbelievable. 

Rashford is a good player but he’s lost. He needs a loan honestly. He’s nowhere near Mbappe’s level. 

If we got a new manager i’d keep

Dave, Dalot, Bailly, Shaw, Fred, Lingard, Rashford and Martial

the rest are simply not good enough to play for Manchester United. I’d promote Chong, Greenwood and Gomes to first team squad too

7 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Few things I thought last night:

- your midfield is just three big lumps, yeah Pogba has a bit of skill and Matic has a decent touch but football has moved on, you need to have a smaller playmaker in the side with a lower sense of gravity, there are no quick moves that get you up the pitch quickly, it's slow turgid and tiresome. Makes those little triangles and pulling the opposition around with quick passing almost impossible with them three playing. 

- I think you're really going to struggle with Lukaku and Rashford in the same team, they have both have a pretty terrible touch and struggle to run with the ball as it gets caught up under their feet and they just lose control of it. Martial is better at this but he blows very hot and cold. I also am starting to think that Rashford isn't the hot prospect that people are making out, some people still compare him to Mbappe with poorer decision making - do me a favour, he is nowhere near his level and never will be. Lukaku also needs to learn how being a striker works off the ball, one of the thickest strikers going at the moment. 

- Why are you still playing Valencia at right back? bloke looks finished to me and that Dalot looks pretty decent, get him in ASAP - at least then you've got two good full backs in the side.

- Central defence is just full up with average to okay players, no top defenders who can perform on a consistant basis, at least you've got a good keeper. 

The first point is basically Fred, he has to play instead of Fellaini imo. He's more dynamic, but tiny so Fellaini starts ahead of him. Fred is quick, moves forward and moves the ball with ones touch. 

Second point - nobody compares Rashford to Mbappe anymore, and haven't done for awhile. Both Lukaku and Rashford are clearly good players, its just not working in this team. Tactically - we don't work to Lukaku's strengths - we should be following the way Spurs are built around Kane. He should be having 2/3 good heading opportunities a match minimum. 

Valencia isn't the problem - sure he wasn't great last night, but it was one game - doesn't look unfit yet at 33. Dalot is quite attacking so i feel he would be far more exposed. 

Last point is fairly common knowledge - Smalling can do the job decently enough, but none of the others can partner him properly. Ashley Young is the worst player in the team this season for me. 

For me, Mourinho has got to stop this 'fear football' - putting out a team to stop the opposition rather than to play our own game (ie the West Ham lineup/formation). Work on moving the ball faster and taking more risks. 

18 minutes ago, Roux said:

The first point is basically Fred, he has to play instead of Fellaini imo. He's more dynamic, but tiny so Fellaini starts ahead of him. Fred is quick, moves forward and moves the ball with ones touch. 

Second point - nobody compares Rashford to Mbappe anymore, and haven't done for awhile. Both Lukaku and Rashford are clearly good players, its just not working in this team. Tactically - we don't work to Lukaku's strengths - we should be following the way Spurs are built around Kane. He should be having 2/3 good heading opportunities a match minimum. 

Valencia isn't the problem - sure he wasn't great last night, but it was one game - doesn't look unfit yet at 33. Dalot is quite attacking so i feel he would be far more exposed. 

Last point is fairly common knowledge - Smalling can do the job decently enough, but none of the others can partner him properly. Ashley Young is the worst player in the team this season for me. 

For me, Mourinho has got to stop this 'fear football' - putting out a team to stop the opposition rather than to play our own game (ie the West Ham lineup/formation). Work on moving the ball faster and taking more risks. 

Mourinho will never change. He's more stubborn than Wenger. 

You need the players to show great character. My cousins, uncle's brother-in-laws ex wife is now married  to Woodward, I understand he is keen on bringing in Rodgers. 

ITK. 

5 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Mourinho will never change. He's more stubborn than Wenger. 

You need the players to show great character. My cousins, uncle's brother-in-laws ex wife is now married  to Woodward, I understand he is keen on bringing in Rodgers. 

ITK. 

Well he's already showed he can change - i.e the Spurs game. We were very very open - likewise against Burnley and Watford. 

Not sure if the second point is serious? 

1 minute ago, Roux said:

Well he's already showed he can change - i.e the Spurs game. We were very very open - likewise against Burnley and Watford. 

Not sure if the second point is serious? 

The thing is, United should be playing open football against the "lesser" clubs, the fact that he reverts back to playing defensively speaks volume. 

I don't think he realised how big a challenge the United job was, they overachieved to finish second last season, but the biggest problem is the recruitment. 

Ibrahimovic, Sanchez, Pogba - all signed on for ridiculous salaries in the last few seasons and now they are the benchmark for any foreign player looking to sign for them. It was clear as day you needed to recruit and offload the deadwood in defence, but nothing happened.

Second point is a joke, I'm fed up of seeing ITK's on Twitter, so joining in with the ridiculous lies.

1 minute ago, Bucko said:

@Scott. @...Dan...

Just logged in the PL fantasy league for the first time in ages. Any West Ham  or United players I should opt for? Going to be doing some transfers today. 

Arnautovic is a no brainer for me. £7m and a very good run of fixtures after the Spurs game. We had a shocking start and then a few tough games and he's still the 4th highest scoring striker in the game (he also missed a game through injury) - he also takes penalties too which is good. 

Yarmalenko and Felipe Anderson are starting to get some points and are settling in so I think either of them could be worth a shout too , they're only £6.8m. Anderson takes corners and free kicks and Yarma shoots on site so both could be decent value moving forward. 

I'd argue Maddison from Leicester would be a better shout than them at a similar price though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Arnautovic is a no brainer for me. £7m and a very good run of fixtures after the Spurs game. We had a shocking start and then a few tough games and he's still the 4th highest scoring striker in the game (he also missed a game through injury) - he also takes penalties too which is good. 

Yarmalenko and Felipe Anderson are starting to get some points and are settling in so I think either of them could be worth a shout too , they're only £6.8m. Anderson takes corners and free kicks and Yarma shoots on site so both could be decent value moving forward. 

I'd argue Maddison from Leicester would be a better shout than them at a similar price though.

Cheers for that, will definitely add in Arnie after the Spurs game. Dropped Lukaku, so no doubt he's gonna bag a hat-trick tomorrow.  I've also added Walcott for this week, he loves a goal or 2 vs Leicester. 

Every year I plan to do this more seriously,  then every year I completely forget about it! At least being more active on here it actually makes me think more about it. 

Do you do Super 6 or a weekly accumulator? 

22 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Cheers for that, will definitely add in Arnie after the Spurs game. Dropped Lukaku, so no doubt he's gonna bag a hat-trick tomorrow.  I've also added Walcott for this week, he loves a goal or 2 vs Leicester. 

Every year I plan to do this more seriously,  then every year I completely forget about it! At least being more active on here it actually makes me think more about it. 

Do you do Super 6 or a weekly accumulator? 

I have to take it seriously, don't fancy blowing £60 to buy my mates curry haha. 

Yeah do super 6 but often forget it which is ridiculous as it's free.

I used to be quite a big gambler spending £25-30 a week on it but now I do one acca with the lads (we all pick a bet and then roll it into an 8 team acca) and then ocassionally another one of my own but not always. Found £2.50 I forgot about in my 365 account yesterday and won £40 on a Europa League sixfold yesterday, took £30 out and gonna try and build that.

Before I would have just lumped it all on West Ham to win tonight but more responsibility these days I guess...

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

I have to take it seriously, don't fancy blowing £60 to buy my mates curry haha. 

Yeah do super 6 but often forget it which is ridiculous as it's free.

I used to be quite a big gambler spending £25-30 a week on it but now I do one acca with the lads (we all pick a bet and then roll it into an 8 team acca) and then ocassionally another one of my own but not always. Found £2.50 I forgot about in my 365 account yesterday and won £40 on a Europa League sixfold yesterday, took £30 out and gonna try and build that.

Before I would have just lumped it all on West Ham to win tonight but more responsibility these days I guess...

I used to gamble a lot more when I had less money, now I have a little bit more available cash I rarely gamble.  I do the occasional acca, but always let down by 1 team, historically Liverpool...

I went through a phase of re-gambling any winnings, made just shy of £250 last year off what was a free £5 bet. 

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

I used to gamble a lot more when I had less money, now I have a little bit more available cash I rarely gamble.  I do the occasional acca, but always let down by 1 team, historically Liverpool...

I went through a phase of re-gambling any winnings, made just shy of £250 last year off what was a free £5 bet. 

I had a phase of doing that also, it went well for a while but now whenever I do I flop pretty hard.

My biggest and best ever win was £850 off a free £2 coral bet, where I picked six teams to win to nil and they all did. Was one of the happiest days of my life.

Who do you bet with usually?

16 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I had a phase of doing that also, it went well for a while but now whenever I do I flop pretty hard.

My biggest and best ever win was £850 off a free £2 coral bet, where I picked six teams to win to nil and they all did. Was one of the happiest days of my life.

Who do you bet with usually?

I only use SkyBet online, other than that the local bookies is William Hill. What a win that is!

Only Rangers let me down last week for £60. 

2 hours ago, Bucko said:

I only use SkyBet online, other than that the local bookies is William Hill. What a win that is!

Only Rangers let me down last week for £60. 

I'm always online these days, quite dangerous really ain't it.

Best thing about that win was I had to go into the shop to do it so I got the winnings in cash, they made me come back at the end of the day and locked me in while they opened the safe. Then I came home and did this:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Newport let me down weekend. 2nd in table vs last and they were home. The opponents CB scored a hat trick. You can’t write that shit honestly. Forget who they played, Macclesfield I think

? that’s amazing. Bet you were fuming ?

Newport let me down too! Was a joke you cant predict the football league anyone can beat anyone! But i guess thats why english football is the best..

I have been doing a goal in each half no accas .. and each team to take 1+ corner in each half accas was doing alright till recently..